Indoor First auto/indoor grow

Reaction score
Hey guys! Welcome to the first, of what I hope to be many, grow journals. I don't have a whole lot of experience. I've got a couple plants started with CFLs indoors and moved em outdoors for a couple semi successful bagseed grows. That was before I had my med card. Ive been curious about autos since i first heard about em. I did a bunch of research, and decided to go for it. I have a son who is now about 6 weeks old, and I'm a crewman on a lobster boat, and some what of a young fella, so I couldn't spend too much.
So I got:
A cheap 6.5x6.5x6.5 tent on Amazon. Some light leaks, but overall well worth it
Apollo 1000w MH/HPS lamp comes with ballast, wing hood and both bulbs
6 inch intake fan, one of the 240 cfm round ones
400 something cfm inline fan and eventually a speed controller after I had a fluctuation between 92 and 48 degrees haha
9 dirt pots
Soil mix composed of:
Promix, maybe another 15 or so percent of perlite, I used about a bag of earthworm castings per cube of promix. Few cups of Alaskan forest humus, few shovel fulls of seafood compost.
I added alfalfa, kelp, bone, and fish meal. As well as desert bat guano.
EDIT:::: I also added a couple teaspoons of powderized lime per batch. A couple teaspoons of mycos. (The fungi stuff you're supposed to put on roots when transplanting. Thought maybe the microbes might be able to reproduce if I mixed em in...?)
I ordered packs of three from Humboldt seed organization through thedankteam of Autoflowering Bubba Kush, Lost coast skunk, and Dedoverde Haze. They all came within a week. I followed Ronins germ method. All popped on or within a week of 3/9. I then transplanted into 5 gallon dirt pots.
One of the LCS stunted and started yellowing, like nute burn. And another LCS was the longest to pop, and took awhile for the leaves to bust out of the shell.
The rest seem to have been growing well. No nute burn. Somewhat slower at first, cuz I had a rough time with temp for awhile.
Currently on approximately week 7. Flipped to HPS about a week ago. All showed pistils near week 4...
Can't type any more now. Will post pics soon.
Feel free to make comments or ask Q's.
Be easy on me if I seem slow on the uptake at first, haha. If you bare with me, promise I'll do my best to pull off a gold journal/grow

Last edited:
Quick tent picture. Some photos and a couple of my friends autos in there. Will post more detailed pics ASAP. Follow me on Instagram if you want. Same name.

Attachments

• 1461883395365216672041.jpg
    1461883395365216672041.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 100
Veg nutes: Fox Farm's big bloom
Nectar of the Gods Pegasus potion (which is feather meal)
Botanicares Silica
I kind of doubt I NEEDED all this with the soil mix I have, but I felt it helped. I believe the silica made for hearty, strong plants. I used it on my photos too, as did my buddy, and we both thought it made for tougher plants.
The only problem I had was when I tried foliar feeding. Crisped up a few leaves. Maybe that would be a better outdoor technique, before a rain? You tell me

My
All I can tell ya is I have 0 knowledge of foliar feeding. All the plants I have ever grown were indoor and watered straight to the root zone my friend
I read some posts about people indoor foliar feeding. But I don't think it's for me. Ended up burning a couple days later even when I sprayed the leaves down with plain water a few hours later.

Nutrient notes:
I started with a miniscule amount, and worked my way up. Now these mama's are sucking down full strength feedings like nobody's business

Back