New Grower First Auto-grow.Week 6 - Automaria #1 (Paradise Seeds) - 90 Watt LED UFO 7 Spectrum - 15" by 20" by

DSC01227.jpgDSC01226.jpgDSC01228.jpgDSC01229.jpg`

Any idea's?

My best guess would be to flush with water and some calmag.

However, you may wanna wait till someone experienced chimes in. I'm sure your plant is gonna be fine, just hang tight.

Well she looks like she's not getting any worse and the leaves look perky and point towards the light i dont see any new yellowing or brown/orange patches on the edge of the leaves and she has still grown a couple of inches + buds getting fatter :)DSC01239.jpgDSC01236.jpgDSC01241.jpgDSC01237.jpgDSC01238.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Wienerwoods.She's been watered just a couple of days ago and this is when it seemed to deteriorate and the lower leave died. If i flush the soil just now whilst its still wet wont i be over watering her? I have a feeling i watered her a day or 2 early the last couple of times aswell. The original soil/rootball is ontop of a pile of soil in the new 10 litre pot and theres a couple of cms of new soil ontop and been put in around the sides to fill it in. I expect the new soil around the edges to kinda sink into the the next time i water her if that happens i'll fill it in with some more soil.

Attachments

• DSC01235.jpg
    DSC01235.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01234.jpg
    DSC01234.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01233.jpg
    DSC01233.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01232.jpg
    DSC01232.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01230.jpg
    DSC01230.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Flushing now could perhaps be considered overwatering but I don't think it will hurt the plant in any way.

When I had brown spots and dying leaves on my first two plants, the flush helped but it took a while for them to look healthy again. No problems since. Except for the eventual mold. :/

So yeah, I would flush, then give a mild feeding and calmag with the next watering. Since she looks so perky she probably hasn't been seriously overwatered recently.

Best of luck! :Sharing One:

Flushing now could perhaps be considered overwatering but I don't think it will hurt the plant in any way.

When I had brown spots and dying leaves on my first two plants, the flush helped but it took a while for them to look healthy again. No problems since. Except for the eventual mold. :/

So yeah, I would flush, then give a mild feeding and calmag with the next watering. Since she looks so perky she probably hasn't been seriously overwatered recently.

Best of luck! :Sharing One:

Hello! Well she's grown taller and the new growth looks nice and green and kinda looking more "buddy" lol.

I just realised when i've been watering i've been letting about 10-15% of the water flow out of the bottom of the holes of the pot so i've kinda been flushing her already the last 4 or 5 waterings. I started to do that when i noticed the roots had reached the bottom of the 5 litre pot and were actualy growing out of the holes i thought i better get the water down to that level so that they can drink!

I've given her a very diluted feed less than 25% strength. I'll give her another bit of water when i get back home. The reason for this is that i only had 1.5 litres of water that had been laying in the open to get rid of the chlorine in the water and i dont want to shock her by giving her freezing tap water all full of chlorine so i've left some more water out and by the time i get back some of the chlorine should be gone and it will be room temp.

Im just wondering.....how much water should i be giving her in a 10 litre pot?

Thanks for all the help btw! Kinda going crazy thinking about it im obsessed lol.

Hmm... I first grew in 11 liter square pots and I always gave 2-3 liters. That way I had some run-off. I ran into problems, though if I used less. So I'd advice at least 3 liters to be on the safe side.

Hmm... I first grew in 11 liter square pots and I always gave 2-3 liters. That way I had some run-off. I ran into problems, though if I used less. So I'd advice at least 3 liters to be on the safe side.

Thanks alot for the watering tip! I gave her another 1.5 when i came back and sure enough i started to get run-off. It's still perky and pointing to the light and growing buds but a couple of the big fan leaves on the bottom wich i think are now the oldest ones left have became more brown and might die but they were the ones that were the most damaged to start with. The other leaves that were showing lower levels of damage have not got any worse. The new growth at the top of the main stem looks green and healthy but i've noticed something about them......they seem to be much thinner then the rest of the leaves, like the width of them is shorter but they are just as long. Does this start to happen during budding or is this another sign of the problems i've been having? I have some more pics to look at so u can see the progression of growth/deficiency.

DSC01243.jpgDSC01247.jpgDSC01249.jpgDSC01251.jpgDSC01252.jpg

Im now wondering should i start posting somewhere else about the problems im having and keep this thread for the final bud pics? I noticed it says this is to post pics if u don't wanna start a whole thread and its 2 pages long already and just me talking about how bad its getting lol. I saw a section for sick plants i think i should post some of the pics there.

DSC01257.jpgDSC01256.jpgDSC01255.jpgDSC01254.jpgDSC01258.jpg

Hmm... Looks to me like she's just starting to show more sativa characteristics. I've seen plants that start off with fat leaves like the ones you see on indica strains and grow those long, thin sativa leaves towards the end. Nothing to be worried about, I'm sure. I actually remember reading a thread where some experienced growers seemed to associate thinner leaflets with stronger effects.

You might want to give the infirmary a go with troubleshooting in general. Or just make a thread on a more frequently read section. Maybe a journal on the new grower's forum? ;)

Hmm... Looks to me like she's just starting to show more sativa characteristics. I've seen plants that start off with fat leaves like the ones you see on indica strains and grow those long, thin sativa leaves towards the end. Nothing to be worried about, I'm sure. I actually remember reading a thread where some experienced growers seemed to associate thinner leaflets with stronger effects.

You might want to give the infirmary a go with troubleshooting in general. Or just make a thread on a more frequently read section. Maybe a journal on the new grower's forum? ;)

I was hopnig thats really the case i had a feeling it was just getting more sativa like late on in its lafe. Even humans can start of blonde or reddish hair as a kid with light eyes and get darker as they get older and the other phenotype in their genome starts to show itself. I'll start a thread on the new growers forum later on and ask in the infirmary about anything im not 100% sure on wich is almost everything lol. Thanks again for the help mate!

Back