New Grower First auto after 22 year break!

thanks Nosias, I have taken some hi res images of the trichomes as it's very difficult using the loupe. Buds are all completely covered in frosty goodness. Looking at these shots there might be more cloudy trichomes than I first thought. If anyone wants to take a look at these and let me know if they think it's time for the chop that would be useful. Warning these are large files.

Here is what I use. I have a mac so I can see the trichomes as a pic on the screen. ALWAYS look at the seed pods and not just the leaf, easier said than done. :)
Amazon product

Actual pic from a few days ago from my looking at my trichomes. Here is what I want to see, almost 100% cloudy
upload_2018-12-19_11-58-21.jpeg

Here is what I want to see, some turning amber. Then I harvest.
Photo on 12-1-18 at 11.50 AM.jpg

From what I can see you still have 50% clear and others getting cloudy. We all have our own wishes for the buzz, clear head or couched locked. I would wait until they are almost all cloudy and or all cloudy and some amber. But that is for me. You can take a bud or two and see what you like. Your ladies are looking real good. Nice job. Sometimes the hardest part is waiting.

I heard here at AFN that when you think it is ready, wait a week. :) to harvest. But experiment and see where your sweet spot maybe.

Thanks for that Nosias, that does help me a lot. I'm nearly at the end of week 13 and very many of the trichomes are not cloudy. The pistils are going more orangey. Nuggets are very compact and nuggety. I have taken three stems off to dry in my air conditioned room. Two were 28gms and one was 20gms, wet weight. All buds all over the plant even way down deep are covered in crystalline baubles of dewy goodness. Hopefully I'll see lots more cloudy trichomes develop soon.

Here is what I use. I have a mac so I can see the trichomes as a pic on the screen. ALWAYS look at the seed pods and not just the leaf, easier said than done. :)
Amazon product

Actual pic from a few days ago from my looking at my trichomes. Here is what I want to see, almost 100% cloudy
View attachment 989230

Here is what I want to see, some turning amber. Then I harvest.
View attachment 989231

From what I can see you still have 50% clear and others getting cloudy. We all have our own wishes for the buzz, clear head or couched locked. I would wait until they are almost all cloudy and or all cloudy and some amber. But that is for me. You can take a bud or two and see what you like. Your ladies are looking real good. Nice job. Sometimes the hardest part is waiting.

I heard here at AFN that when you think it is ready, wait a week. :) to harvest. But experiment and see where your sweet spot maybe.

Thats EXACTLY when I harvest too but a small part due to scare of mold, rot, bugs!

This shows a pic is a FAR better tutorial tool than all our words in past posts combined! And of course, a GREAT explanation by yourself bro!

Now I feel more confident to harvest as I do! Thanks!

Thats EXACTLY when I harvest too but a small part due to scare of mold, rot, bugs!

This shows a pic is a FAR better tutorial tool than all our words in past posts combined! And of course, a GREAT explanation by yourself bro!

Yes I have been extra vigilant for rot or any other funny business due to the high humidity and temperatures here.

@Nosias, so is that a wireless microscope and what is the max magnification.

Yes I have been extra vigilant for rot or any other funny business due to the high humidity and temperatures here.

You’ve got some gorgeous bud shots! Congratulations on approaching your first auto harvest, well done!

I’m approaching my first harvest on a very slow flowering auto, now at day 96. And still 2 or 3 weeks to go. Your trichomes look mostly clear.

Are you planning to flush?

Thanks for that Nosias, that does help me a lot. I'm nearly at the end of week 13 and very many of the trichomes are not cloudy. The pistils are going more orangey. Nuggets are very compact and nuggety. I have taken three stems off to dry in my air conditioned room. Two were 28gms and one was 20gms, wet weight. All buds all over the plant even way down deep are covered in crystalline baubles of dewy goodness. Hopefully I'll see lots more cloudy trichomes develop soon.

Very nice! The trichomes are shining and bright. Very nice to see. My garden has almost gone 13 weeks and I fell that is WAY TOO long for an auto grow. I fear that 15 weeks will not be long enough for one lady, Oh well, they are just doing their best BUT Slow.

Anyway, looks like you will separate and isolate those buds and do some testing. Also most of the pistils will dry up and may not show any new fresh pistils. This is natural and part of the process. Keep up the good work.

Very happy to pass on some knowledge I picked up here at AFN.

No is is not wire less. Take a look at the link and read all about it. The pics I posted were from that. Now there maybe better ones or cheaper ones. But I am happy with this one.

You’ve got some gorgeous bud shots! Congratulations on approaching your first auto harvest, well done!

I’m approaching my first harvest on a very slow flowering auto, now at day 96. And still 2 or 3 weeks to go. Your trichomes look mostly clear.

Are you planning to flush?
I have never flushed. But this is a highly debated issue. So I will not :deadhorse: It appears to be a personal choice and many are very strongly set on this question. To me I see no value, FOR ME.

@Nosias, I see now, I had to open up this page in a different browser to see the link to the microscope. I have ordered one. Strangely enough the buds are definitely looking like they are finished but yet they are still remaining clear! The tops of the buds that are still on the plant feel hard and almost dry! Strange. I might take a few more branches down just because I'm a bit worried about mould. But otherwise all good.

I might flush because I have access to a zero ppm tank of water, and flushing just means cleaning the reservoir.

Back