New Grower First AF grow: First grow in years.

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gelato 33 & Snoop Dogg
Howdy folks. Just joined the other day. I’ve been growing on and off, in both soil and soilless methods, for about 17 years now.
This is my first time growing an Autoflower.
I am germinating 4 seeds in my rock wool cubes.
2x (AF) white widow and 2X (AF) Critical purple bought from growerschoiceseeds.com.
my setup :

4x blacked out DWC 5gal buckets with mesh pots.
600w LED with veg and bloom switches (viparspectra)
A 48x48x72” diamond Mylar grow tent
6” carbon filter+ pre filter attached to a 3000rpm duct fan. Each DWC bucket has a air stone attached to a 6x air pump.
I have a Vicks humidifier.
I’m using foxfarm nutes: big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big along with beastie blooms, open sesame and cha-Ching. Using the bushdoctor cal-mag. Also using Hydroguard.

I am currently day 2(germination) and we have some 1/2cm tap roots showing their beauty. By tomorrow night (Friday) I’ll be moving the babies into their forever home.

Attachments

• 7D80E0CF-4C07-4673-B85F-36659314D15D.jpeg
    7D80E0CF-4C07-4673-B85F-36659314D15D.jpeg
    648.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 66F4E797-977B-4C68-84D6-9D464514CE33.jpeg
    66F4E797-977B-4C68-84D6-9D464514CE33.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
Welcome to AFN :welcome:

Sounds like you have your ducks in a row.... have fun, pal!

-tron

First one up is White Widow. After checking the other 3 we have 1 and 1 white widow and critics purple that will be popping up by tonight and 1 other critical purple that will be up in a day or two.
I’m having real problems with measuring my pH. I have 2 pH testers. I have calibrated and tested against a 7.0 solution for accuracy. No matter what I try my testers lose their calibration in less then a few hours. What tested at 6.0. Is now 6.7. And then 7.2. And then 8.0. (No factors that would change the pH) and then I’ll test it with my other tester and it will show something like 5.4. 5.8. 6.0. 5.2. Life wtf. Anyone have a suggestion for a decent priced good working pH tester??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
First one up is White Widow. After checking the other 3 we have 1 and 1 white widow and critics purple that will be popping up by tonight and 1 other critical purple that will be up in a day or two.
I’m having real problems with measuring my pH. I have 2 pH testers. I have calibrated and tested against a 7.0 solution for accuracy. No matter what I try my testers lose their calibration in less then a few hours. What tested at 6.0. Is now 6.7. And then 7.2. And then 8.0. (No factors that would change the pH) and then I’ll test it with my other tester and it will show something like 5.4. 5.8. 6.0. 5.2. Life wtf. Anyone have a suggestion for a decent priced good working pH tester??

into the brave new world! :yay: and clue -> it helpz to post up ur picz as "full image" instead of thumbnail size, so peepz don't hafta click on it to see what it actually is, lol :doh: jus sayin & carry on plz....:smoking: ppp

image.jpg

So I have used bigbloom, grow big, and Hydroguard.
anyoneknow what is causing this foam? I’ve never had this happen to me that I can remember. I put the nutes in Sunday evening. Today is Tuesday.

I am highly disappointed at the quality of the genetics for Growerschoiceseeds.com

I’m in day 5 of seedling.
1 of the 2 “mutated” seedlings had decided he is going to start flowering today.
he has 2 leaves and they are growing pistils.
My dude is 2 inches tall.

Edit: must be a man thing- the flowering mutant is 1 inch tall. Not 2.

Last edited:
Pictures...that will be interesting to see.

Back