image.jpeg
Sweet man that is a nice job did you build that yourself? One more picture

Looks nice yea I'm going to try to get some holders, I have tap and drill, does the holder come with the screws and such?
No they did not come with the screws and there is a pad you need for the cob as well it sticks to the cob and Since I didn't get the pads it is why I didn't use the holders I will use them on my next one

cheers bro, its an old Grow Northern led,. the older Apollo type model. I just replaced all the leds in it for my own spectrum with those whites, its still very much on the warm white side but it does its job nicely
im just wondering why your cobs arnt glowing a bit golden being that warm, the light looks a bit cold. Still bloody good tho bro,. well done.

No they did not come with the screws and there is a pad you need for the cob as well it sticks to the cob and Since I didn't get the pads it is why I didn't use the holders I will use them on my next one

Got pictures? :D

@Ripper Looking good. I'm not to worried about arctic silver + kapton, I've got 4 built like that and they're all nicely in place still after 2 months so far. @Krypt247 should take m3 screws for the holders iirc, home depot, eBay, steal from work, find machine screws just about anywhere. You could also just drill straight through the heatsinks and stick a nut on the other side to avoid tapping.

@LED Borg color looks right to me. Here's one with 3000k(and supplemental 6500k), plc cx300 with 3500k, and one with 4000k 2540s.

IMAG1545.jpg
IMAG1546.jpg
IMAG1547.jpg

Both 3500k and 4000k appear to work just as well for veg here. Not seeing any added stretching from the ones I vegged under 3500k.

What was the final cost on this? Maybe a breakdown...
Nice work man!! Thanks for this [emoji106]
The LED's were right at $50.00 each plus shipping.. they were the biggest cost. I got some shrink wrap, wire and some arctic silver 5 that was under $15.00. I also needed a soldering iron got one at walmart for $10.00. total was right at $150.00 but to do another one all I need is the LED's now.

I'd buy them from Mars if they'd make them. I'd pay $200 for 100w of Cree cob before I bought something like a mars 2 400 with 185w of epiled for the same price.

Even the 3070s are pretty efficient @ 50w and can be picked up for $30 per. If Mars hydro can sell Mars300s for $65 shipped, replacing the led board with a $10 heatsink and $60 in chips(at retail prices), they could make more money selling 2x cxb3070 fixtures for $150.

Back