Fast Buds Fast buds, Winter Freezing Shed Challenge!

Reaction score
Hi guys just a little update, two days ago I cracked three seeds from fast buds, I will be growing these in the middle of winter here and Its definitely extreme unsuitable conditions.

So not only will this be a fun little grow but for me but it Will also be a challenge, I intend to grow three seeds from Fast Buds in solo cups with Blumat’s keeping the plants very small with the intention of really just growing out three buds sticks.
The Grow is more intended for a little winter fun Than anything serious..

Rhyno Ryder
Bluberry
Zkittlez
Automatic’s…..

I hatched these little girls in a paper towel on the boiler, didn’t get a chance to view them for 2 nights so 48hrs. They are raring to go I see, three seeds and three sprouts…. 100% respect to Fastbuds on germination.

now in Solos under 25w led.

A6C9220F-84E5-4AC2-9575-C93B460D4FF0.jpeg

Morning all, briefly checked in today for my girls, they have all broken the surface and are showing the first little leaves leaves. It’s always such a memorable moment even emotional.:weed:
It’s going to be a real battle here as electricity and the cost of living here in the UK is rocketing at the moment. So my grow is a very small area for which I’m trying to use minimal resources hence the experiment to grow the three plants out into small Bud sticks.
Currently I’m not using any extraction as my girls are too young and there is just a small passive PC fan running to distribute the warmth from the LED.
I have no intention of Drawing over 125W totally inclusive of lights, extraction, heating And fans.
(So that’s a real challenge in a freezing shed)
I’m also currently exploring if it’s possible for me to recycle the warm extracted air from carbon filter, By recirculating the scrubbed air I could possibly grow without the heating bar.

Temp is currently sitting about 21c this heat is coming from the meanwell driver Being pulled down by the pc fan.

Any thoughts on this Guys?

Morning all, briefly checked in today for my girls, they have all broken the surface and are showing the first little leaves leaves. It’s always such a memorable moment even emotional.:weed:
It’s going to be a real battle here as electricity and the cost of living here in the UK is rocketing at the moment. So my grow is a very small area for which I’m trying to use minimal resources hence the experiment to grow the three plants out into small Bud sticks.
Currently I’m not using any extraction as my girls are too young and there is just a small passive PC fan running to distribute the warmth from the LED.
I have no intention of Drawing over 125W totally inclusive of lights, extraction, heating And fans.
I’m also currently exploring if it’s possible for me to recycle the warm extracted air from carbon filter, By recirculating the scrubbed air I could possibly grow without the heating bar.

Temp is currently sitting about 21c this heat is coming from the meanwell driver Being pulled down by the pc fan.

Hello uk grower here to yea elecy is going up lol like everything else 21c is a bit low as the roots will be a even cooler so you might have very slow growing or stunted plants i think you will struggle a tad with this but i could be wrong also temps that low will give high R/H which could be a problem later on in flower
Good luck :smoking: :smoking:

Hello uk grower here to yea elecy is going up lol like everything else 21c is a bit low as the roots will be a even cooler so you might have very slow growing or stunted plants i think you will struggle a tad with this but i could be wrong also temps that low will give high R/H which could be a problem later on in flower
Good luck :smoking: :smoking:

Hi Del Boy, nice to meet a fellow stealth grower, i have a difficult task ahead and circumstances will be far from ideal.. a challenge indeed.
I am always amazed at the ability plants have to survive, I share and appreciate your concerns. It’s definitely to cold out to invest heavily at the moment and I have ample medicine.
im not concerned about R/H as of yet with the little girls, but I will need a form of extraction once I see flowers to avoid excessive moisture.
Im trying to brainstorm a 50/50 recirculating method to bring back in a mix of fresh and warm filtered air To keep the temp up.

if I switched on the extraction in the current climate I would bring In to much cold air So I’m using a pc fan to keep up the air movement currently.
:pass:

I'

ll try to keep dropping in as much as I can! Best of luck with the grow =)

Thanks so much Heather, is seems my screen name is being questioned as politically incorrect, so I hope I’m still around…to complete the process…
As an avid cannabis supporter I believe in free choice for all…
:shrug:

Reactions: AMG

I have an outdoor shed and winters are cold here. I have a heater set to turn on at 21c and turn off at 24c. I know those aren't supposed to be optimal temperatures but the two plants in that shed are doing well - one of them has outgrown its 25 gallon pot and is overdue for putting on 12s. My point is though I'd like to have it warmer, the plants are still growing like weeds.

Back