f6 pulls a Homer!

Sweet. I might have all ready told you this but my first attempt ended with lots of seeds that wouldn't germ

What's a PH vial ?

Seeds look great , doing a solo cup run to further select is a good idea :d5:

I on my second attempt now with some reg auto seeds I got from rebel ,,, I chose the best male and two girls so I hope that goes better than 1St attempt

IMG_20181003_134305_091.jpg

Wow ok, good to know that about germ rate, think I'll try the first one and give the eggs a bit of time to adjust to being out of the bud.

pH vial just a 5ml tube to test water pH with drops

View attachment 958692

Ok pal ,,, I thought you had some special bit of kit for the storing of Seeds that I didn't know about :biggrin:

Well that's it,, I was , and still am unsure about should you store them for a while or are they/should they be ready to sow straight away :shrug:

:pass:

Ok pal ,,, I thought you had some special bit of kit for the storing of Seeds that I didn't know about :biggrin:

Well that's it,, I was , and still am unsure about should you store them for a while or are they/should they be ready to sow straight away :shrug:

:pass:
Again, reading. Words said by random people on the internet. I just try and filter and choose what makes sense!

I can say this or that about something's but breeding I'm a novice! But with most things, common sense and being realistic or practical has to be the way to start!

And try and have a bit of fun along the way!

Again, reading. Words said by random people on the internet. I just try and filter and choose what makes sense!

I can say this or that about something's but breeding I'm a novice! But with most things, common sense and being realistic or practical has to be the way to start!

And try and have a bit of fun along the way!

I am in the same boat pal,,,:d5:

Best way to learn is through mistakes :biggrin:

Exciting though:smoking:

Keep us informed :pass:

I was , and still am unsure about should you store them for a while or are they/should they be ready to sow straight away
Son found a bagseed the other day. I hung onto it for a couple of days then planted it and it came straight up. I don't know how long since the plant was cut down, as it was bought-in weed, but it was a nice mottled colour.

The extra time on the vine makes some gorgeous big beans!!!! U want to dry and season ur beans for 4 weeks before they are ready.some will germ straight off but i always dry them very well then store in paper envelopes. I then give them atleast 24hrs in the freezer to simulate a winter freeze. Following this method i get 90%+ germ rate.

I was , and still am unsure about should you store them for a while or are they/should they be ready to sow straight away :shrug:

I have 10 yr old seeds that have been kept in a small foil ziplock bag inside the fridge and they pop just like they did 10 yrs ago. I keep the different strains inside little plastic zipIocks inside that bag and I put a desiccant pack in there with all the little bags. I've read that when kept under these circumstances seeds should be good for another couple of decades or more.

The main thing with your storage is "light proof and moisture proof." You could use an old 35mm film tin as the outside storage vessel. They have a plastic washer in the lid and they seal really well if they aren't bent out of shape.

One of the breeders sent some seeds out with just a couple of loose desiccant beads actually mixed in with the seeds. The beads were blue when they arrived and they still are five yrs later which indicates that with this brand of desiccant bead they aren't oversaturated with moisture... so they seem to be doing their job.

If going with loose desiccant beads, I'd go one per five seeds, or one per ten if you have a lot of quantity.

Last edited:
Back