Indoor Elle's Experiments

I've taken some big shocks. The worst are as follows: 3 phase welder,120amps, managed to stab myself with the welding rod whilst holding the frame that was earthed, fortunately the same arm so a short path to earth.
Dead short across 2 phases through 1 finger.
An anti static discharge system on an industrial bed sheet ironing machine. Massive voltage straight across the aris.
And finally, a capacitor discharge ignition system on a motor bike ,huge voltage, from one arm to the other ( apparently the worst as it can pass through the heart).

And that is why I work(ed) in the safe world of combustible gas.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Damm!!! [emoji45]

I got hit by a welder one time too. back in 84 I was welding on a job done in Austin Texas and I was welding rebar to a concrete pad from a foundation.
It started raining. ( it dont rain a lot in Texas) so I not moving real fast and I'm running 440 DC Miller. I'm down in a hole and I grabbed hold the rebar its wet and I had my Stinger in my pocket[emoji298][emoji298]... Man It launched me out of that freaking hole and up onto the concrete pad landing on my back... it almost knocked me out..and I did see a lot of stars for a while. It dam ner blew the shoes right off me.

Sent from my garden [emoji482]

I’ve had a few shocks, but speaking of trains, 20 years ago at work, and I’ll keep it short, I was cleaned up by a freight train on a level crossing in a car and pushed me and the car 200 meters down the track, the pointy cow catcher cut me open on my left side, I tell u what it is not bullshit that u see your whole life before your eyes, the whole car was crushed around me and it was dark inside except for the bright light that was shining right when I thought I was going to die. This is a true story, the lights on the crossing didn’t work and there were no boom gates.

Peace out people, u don’t know when your time is up so just be the best you can in life, b kind to others and remember, life means love. So love a lot and have a good life, not just your partner but yourself and your family first and foremost.

Nuggets

Just crossed my legs when i read that [emoji30][emoji26][emoji16]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Yea what Wile said jeez.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your dad meggered you!

That device is an earth loop impedance tester.

Commonly known as a megger.

They discharge massive voltage! Did your dad want a boy? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yea I was thinking a megger or a magneto like on the old timey hand crank telephones. They will but make yer hair stand on end.

I've taken some big shocks. The worst are as follows: 3 phase welder,120amps, managed to stab myself with the welding rod whilst holding the frame that was earthed, fortunately the same arm so a short path to earth.
Dead short across 2 phases through 1 finger.
An anti static discharge system on an industrial bed sheet ironing machine. Massive voltage straight across the aris.
And finally, a capacitor discharge ignition system on a motor bike ,huge voltage, from one arm to the other ( apparently the worst as it can pass through the heart).

And that is why I work(ed) in the safe world of combustible gas.

Have taken a few zaps myself. Two worst were while I was in the military. I took 24KV across the back of the hand while working on a radar console. I had turned off the power but forgot to discharge all of the big caps on the CRT circuit. The worst was while working on a control box for a big servo-motor with 3 shipmates. The ship took an unexpected roll and I lost my balance and took 2 phases of 480V across the arm. Literally blew me out of the cabinet and across the room into the wall where I crumpled to the floor out cold. One mate left to get the corpsman. The other 2 just left so I was alone when I woke up.

I had a shock ,,, I saw @Duckster offer to buy a round of drinks ,,, I have no cool shocking stories :shrug:
I once had a guy fall through a roof and land in front of a print machine I was running ,,

:coffee:

Now that would be a shock - not because I'm tight but because I almost never drink so am rarely in a pub to buy a round.:crying::cheers:

Crap we have gone and hijacked Elle's thread and taken it into the land of macabre. Sorry Elle, but at least it's not in the gutter (yet):rofl: