Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm taking the plunge, this is going to be my first grow! I've purchased seeds from herbies, marijuananl, and seedsupreme.
Stains: Auto blue dream
Auto GDP
Auto white lsd
Auto Bluetooth
Auto Ak47 from marijuanasl
Auto GSC
Auto Girl Scout cookies
Auto Og Kush
Auto NYC Disel
Auto critical disel and a bunch more from herbies

Probably enough for 2-3 years :pass:
I love to smoke it is by far my favorite pastime! I'm looking for all the help I can get. I'm looking to do four plants at a time. I have no experience growing at all. Here's what I've purchased

Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

Plastic Transfer Pipettes 3ml, Gradulated, Pack of 100

Power grow systems Deep Water Culture (DWC) Hydroponic Bucket Kit 5 Gallon, 6 inch (4)

General Hydroponics CaliMagic for Gardening, 1-Quart

GENERAL HYDROPONICS FLORA SERIES TRIO (FLORABLOOM, FLORAGRO, FLORAMICRO) BUNDLE + THCiTY GLOVES & PIPETTE - 1 PINT EACH

Qimius Digital pH Meter | High Accuracy Household pH Tester for pH 0 - 14

2 Comfort Zone CZ6C - 6" Clip-On Fans

Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger

AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor

Galaxyhydro 600W LED Grow Light

Mars hydro 300W led

VenTech VT IF4+CF4-B Inline Exhaust Blower Fan with Carbon Filter and Variable Speed Controller, 190 CFM, 4"

Canna pk 13/14

Digital aide tds ec meter

I'm a little worried I'll screw it up. How hard is it for a first timer to do DWC I feel like I'm very capable, anyways cheers mates I'll be updating this and starting a journal once I get some feedback @derek420colorado @IndicaIVoz

:worship:

Last edited:
Hey mate, i dont think dwc is any harder than soil or coco for a first time grower.
You have complete control of the ph and ppm of the medium. If you have ph problems or hot soil it can be tricky to sort out. With dwc all you have to do is dump the res and mix up a new bucket up.
Youll also need a ph up and down solution.
I prefer to use liquid silcon as ph up as its also beneficial to canna.
In a 4 foot by 2 foot tent i would just run 2 plants at a time.
I also use those nutrients in hydro good luck with your grow mate

Hey mate, i dont think dwc is any harder than soil or coco for a first time grower.
You have complete control of the ph and ppm of the medium. If you have ph problems or hot soil it can be tricky to sort out. With dwc all you have to do is dump the res and mix up a new bucket up.
Youll also need a ph up and down solution.
I prefer to use liquid silcon as ph up as its also beneficial to canna.
In a 4 foot by 2 foot tent i would just run 2 plants at a time.
I also use those nutrients in hydro good luck with your grow mate
Thank you for the confidence boost and I'll pick up the ph up and ph down

Hello Everyone!

I'm taking the plunge, this is going to be my first grow! I've purchased seeds from herbies, marijuananl, and seedsupreme.
Stains: Auto blue dream
Auto GDP
Auto white lsd
Auto Bluetooth
Auto Ak47 from marijuanasl
Auto GSC
Auto Girl Scout cookies
Auto Og Kush
Auto NYC Disel
Auto critical disel and a bunch more from herbies

Probably enough for 2-3 years :pass:
I love to smoke it is by far my favorite pastime! I'm looking for all the help I can get. I'm looking to do four plants at a time. I have no experience growing at all. Here's what I've purchased

Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

Plastic Transfer Pipettes 3ml, Gradulated, Pack of 100

Power grow systems Deep Water Culture (DWC) Hydroponic Bucket Kit 5 Gallon, 6 inch (4)

General Hydroponics CaliMagic for Gardening, 1-Quart

GENERAL HYDROPONICS FLORA SERIES TRIO (FLORABLOOM, FLORAGRO, FLORAMICRO) BUNDLE + THCiTY GLOVES & PIPETTE - 1 PINT EACH

Qimius Digital pH Meter | High Accuracy Household pH Tester for pH 0 - 14

2 Comfort Zone CZ6C - 6" Clip-On Fans

Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger

AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor

Galaxyhydro 600W LED Grow Light

Mars hydro 300W led

VenTech VT IF4+CF4-B Inline Exhaust Blower Fan with Carbon Filter and Variable Speed Controller, 190 CFM, 4"

Canna pk 13/14

Digital aide tds ec meter

I'm a little worried I'll screw it up. How hard is it for a first timer to do DWC I feel like I'm very capable, anyways cheers mates I'll be updating this and starting a journal once I get some feedback @derek420colorado @IndicaIVoz

:worship:

Looks like a pretty solid set up for a first go at it. For what it's worth I too grow(have grown) with MarsHydro 300's as well as the General Hydroponics FLORA 3 part nutes. Looking at your list the only issue I see is your tent size. You are going to be hating yourself real some with a 48x24x60 tent and growing in 5 gallon buckets. You WILL without a doubt run out of headroom! I grow with the shorter 3.5 gallon bucket and have my Mars lights all the way to the top of grow box and even then you will lose several inches. I have found that even with different strains while in flowering you need at least 18inches from the top of your plant to the bottom of the LED's or you WILL have light stress on the plant. Also even with a 48x24 floor space you will find 2 plants very crowded even if grown poorly. A 48x36x72 tent would be a much better fit.

Hydro is not too bad. If you've got soil experience then this should be fairly simple. Keep and eye on your water, don't overfeed and you're set.
As others said 2 buckets in a 2x4 could very easily get out of hand... start with one and see what happens.

Back