Dutch Passion 2023. Auto SFV OG - Auto Mac #1 and Auto Oh My Gusher Dutch Passion new USA Autoflowers genetics 2023 - Auto SFV OG - Auto Mac #1 and Auto Oh My Gusher

Auto SFV OG - Auto Mac #1 and Auto Oh My Gusher
To further expand upon the doc's video, take a note in the video where he discusses the UVA, my green circle, and how it affects the plant .......... ie ....causes the plant to produce sunscreen.

Bugs.png

The HLG supplemental UVA LED light bar produces light in this range of 365nm + 385nm. That's in the upper range of UVA light.

Now, I did get a response from all the girls in that tent. That response was a more purpling of the plant. Dr Bugbee says the plants response to the light is a production of more sunscreen. Well, that's what trichomes are. Since I did get a plant response with the leaves, it's only logical that there was an increase in trichome production.

When I talked with HLG's tech, he said the light fixture was designed to be ran at 12 hour cycles. I had mine on the same timer as the main light, so it was also on 18/6.
I'm fairly sure that it hindered the amount of production...... the plant wasn't at full optimal health......, but I'm pretty sure it didn't affect the quality negatively.
This upcoming run, the HLG supplemental UVA LED light bar will have the cycle at 12 hours, mid-cycle of 18 of the main light.
I am a real leery of using the UV B fluorescent bulbs with them affecting the plant more with less light. I think the easiest thing to do it sent it for a short period of time mid cycle and just do that everyday. I think I'm just going to set it for 15 minutes each day and then go from there.
To make things clear, the UV B fluorescent bulbs are you my smaller tents and the HLG supplemental UVA LED light bar is in my 4x4 tent.

End of Week 8 - MAC#1 Day 57

The less developed MAC started showing signs of a nutrient deficiency at the beginning of the week. This MAC has only received 2.5ml of BAC bloom since she was a seed, in addition to the bio-tabs present. Another dose of 2.5ml BAC bloom solution in 1.5litres of water was administered, followed up 48hours later with 5ml black strap molasses in a litre of water.

57maclw.jpg

57macldef.jpg

57maclw2.jpg

Sunday is booster day, and both MACs’ will get a P.K5.8 boost of 10ml in a litre of water, to help them out. One additional Bio-Tab has also been added, first halved and then pushed into the soil before watering.

The more mature MAC continues to expand and develop mass hourly and will no doubt be an early finisher.

57macrw.jpg

57macrbud.jpg

I’m really pleased with the progress made to date, I’ll keep a watchful eye over the deficient MAC and expect to see an improvement over the coming days.

Until next week, Happy Growing ;)

Last edited:
OK, so you have UVB. Yeah I've got the same bulb in a cheap fixture.
Actually I've yet to use it properly. And that's mainly due to setting up a timer and getting conflicting information on how to utilize it.
For the four by four tent, I have HLG's supplemental UVA light.
I had it running at the same 18/6 as the main light, but i need to change that to 12/12 mid the light cycle of the 18/6. I think plants had too much overreaction with the extreme purpling and darkening that they exhibited at least most did.
Lots of frost in that tent, but there was a lot of good genetics too.
I should be able to tell the difference I'm growing two of the same girls in big pots.
From what I've learned from the guys actually producing the lights, like Craig, the owner of California Lightworks, or Shane from Migro, besides doing our own proper research is that you can use the UVB or UVA/UVA bulbs best during mid day, only in flowering (preferably the last 3-weeks only) and for a maximum of 3-4 hours per day.

So whether you are growing photoperiods or auto's, when the growlights are on from let's say, 08.00 in the morning until 20.00 you put the UVB on from 13.00 - 16.00 or 12.00.16.00, with auto's on 20/4 you would grow from 08.00 to 04.00 the next day, you put them on around 17.00-20.00 or 17.00 to 21.00.

What we have done during the years is start with 3 hours per day during week 8 (when you have a 10 week photoperiod) and do that for 2 weeks, and the last week you put it on for 4 hours. But don't use it longer than that, since it damages tissue, like you stated already, the reaction of the plant is to use the trichomes as a sort of sunscreen, but you don't want to overdo it and to cause skin/leaf burn ;-)

With autoflowers it can be a bit more challenging to find the sweetspot, but don't start too early with it, you don't want to mess up the bulking phase, but instead use it during the ripening phase of the buds. So for example an 11 week seed to harvest autoflower, start using it around week 9,5 - start of week 10, for 2-2,5 weeks in total.

I hope this helps understanding the way you could implement it in your grow...

Btw we have some quite nice results for both fixtures, definitely an increase in THC as well as terpene content.

Cheers :baked:

To further expand upon the doc's video, take a note in the video where he discusses the UVA, my green circle, and how it affects the plant .......... ie ....causes the plant to produce sunscreen.

View attachment 1625166
The HLG supplemental UVA LED light bar produces light in this range of 365nm + 385nm. That's in the upper range of UVA light.

Now, I did get a response from all the girls in that tent. That response was a more purpling of the plant. Dr Bugbee says the plants response to the light is a production of more sunscreen. Well, that's what trichomes are. Since I did get a plant response with the leaves, it's only logical that there was an increase in trichome production.

When I talked with HLG's tech, he said the light fixture was designed to be ran at 12 hour cycles. I had mine on the same timer as the main light, so it was also on 18/6.
I'm fairly sure that it hindered the amount of production...... the plant wasn't at full optimal health......, but I'm pretty sure it didn't affect the quality negatively.
This upcoming run, the HLG supplemental UVA LED light bar will have the cycle at 12 hours, mid-cycle of 18 of the main light.
I am a real leery of using the UV B fluorescent bulbs with them affecting the plant more with less light. I think the easiest thing to do it sent it for a short period of time mid cycle and just do that everyday. I think I'm just going to set it for 15 minutes each day and then go from there.
To make things clear, the UV B fluorescent bulbs are you my smaller tents and the HLG supplemental UVA LED light bar is in my 4x4 tent.
Thanks @WildBill

SFV OG - day 52 -
Hello,

things are going straight, plant is developing her buds and structure as planned and is now in full flower
2E70D71E-877D-4E59-ABD3-87C3DCE5A14D.jpeg
C87CE526-D071-4ED2-8798-D2AF9E0B006C.jpeg

As you can see high temperature are causing a bit of stress on leaves, primarily on the edges.
This is due to the high temperatures I am encountering in my city that goes high as much as 40 c
7A331A95-3B1C-4B52-B697-CF69131AD56E.jpeg

Vents are in full blast and I have placed the light a bit higher, hopes this goes for the better.

Plants is still very good at managing the stress from the environment and It is notable.

Pass the boof :pass:
86C8439C-18FB-4EAB-8E93-2786EEC630D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back