Grow Mediums Dutch passion Auto X DWC + Royal Cheese Coco Autopot 690w LED

vick

Hairy Wizard
Reaction score
Here goes.. after going through a series of unfortunate events 3 grows in a row and after receiving tons of help from the afn community, getting advice on proper dwc equipment, npk values and other good important stuff, I'm hoping this grow will go as smooth as possible in order to help other dwc growers alike or growers wishing to dive in to a new medium.

I want to give a big thanks to those who have helped me along the way, as you have played a major part in providing all the proper knowledge I needed to do this. You know who you are. (repsonrepsonreps)

I regularly award max reps for following along and providing advice/critique.

This will be a highly detailed, step by step guide. Feel free to ask questions between each other as I'm not a know it all and have learned 90% of what I know from this community.

Lets begin..

RO water does not have any minerals. It's dead. It will register next to 0 on the ppm/ec meter. It must be ph buffered to avoid swings and then calmag must be added, raising the ppm to 50-100 for the seedling stage. As your plant grows, calmag needs will change, just watch your plants and feed accordingly.

As I've just now learned, autoflowering plants need high P (phosphorus) in the seedling stage in order to promote rapid root growth...

More information on autoflowering nutes in these guides:
Autoflowering Cannabis and Phosphorus
Autoflowering Cannabis Nutrients
:D

Equipment
Lighthouse Hydro 3'x1.7'x5' Tent
TD-150S silent 6" Silent Duct fan w/6inch Carbon Filter
Alita 40LPM air pump
10" Double XL micro-pore diffuser 'criss crossed' to fit
Cidly Apollo 10 Custom spectrum LED unit - 370w
2x Hydroponics Hut pro grow 180 units 160w each unit/320w total
IMG_1415.jpgIMG_1416.jpgIMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpgIMG_1421.jpg

Remember DWC users, don't make the same mistake I did. Pick a pump that will output more air than liters being used in your reservoir!!! For example, 5 gallon is filled to 3.5gal/13 liters, so a 25lpm+ air pump would be sufficient, I got 40lpm which can power two buckets, but oxygen at this rate won't hurt, just don't add anything too powerful which can create a geyser in your res :p Pair it with a big ceramic diffuser and you're set.

Nutes
General Hydroponics: FloraDuo A+B, Calimagic, Liquid Koolbloom, Diamond Nectar, Rapidstart, Floralicious.

Dyna Gro- Pro Tekt (silica/silicon)

Botanicare: ZHO root inoculant, Aquashield.
^ Bennie tea ingredients + Oregonism XL, Earth Worm Castings, Unsulphured Molasses. (scum,slime preventative)
Read this on Tea for DWC users: TEAS FOR DWC BUCKETS

Bucket water mixture for week 1
3.5gal/13L RO 5.5ph buffered water to 50ppm w/calmag
1/8th strength Flora Duo B to 150ppm/.3ec
IMG_1409.jpgIMG_1414.jpg

Day 1
Seeds:
Auto X
Royal Queen Royal Cheese
-currently soaking in 5.5ph buffered RO water with calmag to 100ppm
Tip on how to buffer RO water before using
IMG_1408.jpg

New hydroton is being used. You must soak, soak, soak and soak again! Some growers recommend boiling it. I soaked in hot water with h2o2, rinsed off again and made sure little to no rock residue was left over in the water. Now I'm aerating the hydroton in 5.5ph/100ppm calmag'd ro water and letting it sit until sprouts are ready.

Added 2 rapid rooters into the same water solution with VERY little zho and aquashield for beneficial microbes as a preventative for scum. Don't worry, they are beneficial to seedlings. The rapid rooters, when bought, already contain beneficial microbes to promote 'rapid rooting' hence the name. I'm just stretching out that microbial activity onto the rocks and the rest of the medium to keep things consistent... Seeing as root growth explodes in those rapid rooters..

Wish me luck. Feel free to use this as a guide if all goes well!
:peace:

P.S the royal queen autopot info will be on the next update with pics.

Last edited:
DUDE!!! thats badass!!! I love your set up man.cant wait to see you rock the crap outta this too brother!Damn fine air mover ya gots man!Sweeeeet!:booya::booya: :thumbs:

:dance:Thats fast mate... DP beans soaking already !. ... Doubt you need all those LED'z blazing on week1 ?, & get ready to tie her to the bucket lid maybe ?. Can all your vent kit sit on the floor with ducting ?. i think you may need some height soon !.:group:

DUDE!!! thats badass!!! I love your set up man.cant wait to see you rock the crap outta this too brother!Damn fine air mover ya gots man!Sweeeeet!:booya::booya: :thumbs:
Thanks dude! Good to have ya along man. Fingers crossed so I don't fuck it up this time :p

:dance:Thats fast mate... DP beans soaking already !. ... Doubt you need all those LED'z blazing on week1 ?, & get ready to tie her to the bucket lid maybe ?. Can all your vent kit sit on the floor with ducting ?. i think you may need some height soon !.:group:

I'm only gonna have one pro grow unit on with the blue spectrum. Not sure if multi spectrum is beneficial at the seedling stage or not.. Can't set the venting on the floor :/. That's the best spot for it. I can pull the led's up about another foot or so though.. There will definitely be a lot of tying down happening. Gonna set up a screen right before the stretch starts, but I'll lst train both of them to get them ready to spread. :brow::lick::crying:

Hardware Store Isle 15

Lubes

Chains

Rope

Tiedowns

hmmm, must be a party on Isle 15.

couldnt remember the whole thing.LOL!

:crying::crying:

looking great vick. I'm sub'd for this one front row if you don't mind... I like a little freaky bondage now and then haha:rofl:

You have quite a chunk of money invested in such a small setup, I'm really impressed from everything that I see. How do you like that fan setup? Is it noticeably quieter than your run of the mill inline fans?

Hardware Store Isle 15

Lubes

Chains

Rope

Tiedowns

hmmm, must be a party on Isle 15.

couldnt remember the whole thing.LOL!

:crying::crying:

lolol my favorite aisle :brow: "the diy mans sex shop" :bone::roflcry:
7mFSU.jpg

looking great vick. I'm sub'd for this one front row if you don't mind... I like a little freaky bondage now and then haha:rofl:
Thanks td, I tried growing you my last round, but I lost you :'( You can have all the bondage you want to make up for it. :crack:

You have quite a chunk of money invested in such a small setup, I'm really impressed from everything that I see. How do you like that fan setup? Is it noticeably quieter than your run of the mill inline fans?
It'll all be worth it in the end If I can get it going right and keep it consistent. The fan is super quiet and works great with an hvac switch to lower the speed or turn it off when you need to. Definitely a lot quieter than my old 4" inline fan.

Thanks dude! Good to have ya along man. Fingers crossed so I don't fuck it up this time :p

I'm only gonna have one pro grow unit on with the blue spectrum. Not sure if multi spectrum is beneficial at the seedling stage or not.. Can't set the venting on the floor :/. That's the best spot for it. I can pull the led's up about another foot or so though.. There will definitely be a lot of tying down happening. Gonna set up a screen right before the stretch starts, but I'll lst train both of them to get them ready to spread. :brow::lick::crying:

:thumbs: So your starting ec is 0 ,buffed to 50ppm with cal/mg ?. then upping - 150ppm with only B of flora duo yea ?. nothing else & just B ?... Id add some sort of root stim maybe ?. but I have not used these nutes so can't say for sure ?? ... root stim plays heavy in the 1st week or two with the range I have :thread::pop:... & I run a higher ppm ,Again nute range related .Maybe some other deep water culture growers will look in & share how they do things in week 1 ?:crying:Cant rep ya again yet Vic ,but you deserve some more already for an awesome bounceback brother :slap:

Get in you are prepared to succeed.
Nice setup good luck vick

Back