New Grower Dudeski Khans Canna Commune

Cool, if they're not too bad, I wouldn't spray for them then. I always spot check for caterpillars now, I look for droppings on the leaves or perhaps a pistil that has changed color early, etc.. Just remove them by hand. After using the bacteria spray, they've really gone away though...I recommend it for next season....peace.

It seems to have all those issues, lots of droppings, pistils ok i think. Seen slime trails too. I want this one to finish! And, i am not sure about drying/curing. Got to bring it inside again to do that....

Just sprayed it on once and did the trick. Maybe less residue than neem, you might find some for next time.

Not sure if you guys have heard of it, but you can literally wash your buds after you grow them.. I started doing it after I had a run with some mold a couple years back.. A guy on 420mag had mentioned it and that he does it all the time.. He explained that it gets rid of things like dust, dirt, bugs, bug turds, pet/human hair, foliar sprays, etc... and if you incorporate the H2O2 step, it can eliminate mold spores. When you wash them, so long as you don't bang the buds against the sides of the containers you're washing them in, you won't lose trichs.. Lots of folks have tested the theory with no signs of loss..

Here's a video of someone doing the 3-step process without the H2O2..

That's cool, and may be necessary sometime. Only hitch may be-- aren't the terpenes water soluble? Might lose some flavor, I dunno. I know people like to water cure when the buds have been overnuted, of course those are long soaking periods. Maybe a quick bath would be alright...!

That's cool, and may be necessary sometime. Only hitch may be-- aren't the terpenes water soluble? Might lose some flavor, I dunno. I know people like to water cure when the buds have been overnuted, of course those are long soaking periods. Maybe a quick bath would be alright...!

That's a good point, although I thought most terpenes were non-polar molecules so they aren't miscible in water? There must be some that are polar.. Because I suck at drying/curing, I've only really had a couple plants come out, OK, taste/smell-wise, but then again, most of my bud doesn't last long enough to cure for months.. Since I've changed my grow space, I can grow 3 to 4 plants now, and will be able to finally nail this drying/curing thing.. Worst case; I vape a bunch of hay-tasting bud, but still get high as fuuuuuck... lol

Last edited:
I think its most important to just be gentle washing the stems. Im just not set up where they can hang to dry from washing. Unless i leave them outside in the sun

I don't necessarily think leaving them in the sun would be the best idea, however, I hang mine in my grow space for about 10-12hrs to make sure all of the water is evaporated from the wash, and then I transition them into the paper bags.. That's usually where my pace is good.. It's getting the RH of the area around the paper bags to cooperate; either too dry or too moist.. I'll get it eventually..

Back