New Grower Dudeski Khans Canna Commune

Oh, i started on him last night about 3. Put 2 in 2 gal pots. Its gonna take an effort. We finally got into the green crack and oh my.
He hasn't wanted to leave the house for a week! Thats a really good smoke

She got a nice dose of recharge last night, a ltr of water and some sweet talking. I still top dress with it, then water it in. No goddies left in the jug that way.

@MediScrogs I would love to know what conclusions you have come up with that would be great. I think that the soil is charged 28.00 and the nutrient pack is free shipping due to the weight it says so 28.00 for both is a great deal on the shipping. The nutrient pack is what you reamend it with? I have to take off for awhile but I will look for your reply. I appreciate it.

Cool man. Yes, the nutrient pack will reamend A LOT of soil, or you can mix it into your own peat or a light mix (such as the Roots Organic B-2 mix, for example). You add your own perlite, and compost/worm castings and cook it for a week or two. One pack will do about 30+ gallons of soil at full strength, I'd shoot to end up with 40 to 45 gallons so you have 70 to 80% strength.

I've used several nutrient packs and also gave the prebag soil a go. In my opinion, the prebagged mix is slightly too strong for some autos. I believe it is slightly too rich in worm castings. I cut the bag just slightly so it was around 90% strength. My Rainbow Moonstone auto had a little bit of N claw but not too bad. My Amber and Fairy Frost did fine though and were very lush in it.

I would recommend cut it to 80% strength with some peat and perlite, or perhaps some rinsed coco and perlite, and I think it would do most autos great. Also, the prebag mix is like 30% aeration material (they use pumice). I tend to think autos prefer well aerated soil and would probably add some extra perlite anyways, whether you're cutting the soil or not. Another grower I've chatted with feels that 40% aeration is ideal for autos. Anyway, I'll leave that to you to decide but you might want to go ahead and add a little extra perlite to it. Depending on the strains you run, you may or may not see the N toxicity that I did, but I do think you can cut it to 80% and it should be very good. I would not sow directly into that mix though, that is too burly for seedlings. Tier or plug into it after 10-15 days.

I am totally happy and impressed with the plants I grew in this soil, for sure. It performs very well and produces tasty, aromatic and dense buds no problemo, it's so easy. You should go ahead and oh your water though with a non-phosphoric acid product. I use earth juice oh down crystals, which is basically ascorbic acid and will be gentler on the microflora in the soil. The soil can buffer ph for you, but not to an infinite degree. You can just use some cheap test strips though, and just approximate the ph to between 6 and 7 and that would be good enough in my book.

Lastly, the prebag mix worked great but if you need larger volumes of soil, using the nute packs with your own peat, or promix or whatever is much more cost efficient. By a factor of at least 2. You just have to add your own compost/castings, which are not at all expensive. But, per the mixing instructions on the pack, you can choose whether to use compost, or castings, or both. As above, regarding N toxicity, I would recommend half compost and half castings, or slightly favored toward compost. I would not use all castings, again, as some autos are not going to like all that N. Once you have it in the soil, you can't take it out so I'd recommend take care with that and I'd prefer to weakly topdress those castings onto an individual plant if it's truly deficient. I.e. it's easier to add later if needed rather than try to fix it if a plant is getting too much. But just emphasize the compost over castings and they'll do great. I mixed like three batches last summer between 35 and 75% strength. I think close to 75% is great and that 100% is not necessary, but I haven't tested at 100% strength.

I'm looking forward to seeing people try this product line out, I think you will have success with it. Manage the strength of it a little and don't plant directly into it, and ph your water with something gentle and you will get great results with it for sure. I never needed calmag in this soil, even under Led's. It's awesome stuff.

Cool man. Yes, the nutrient pack will reamend A LOT of soil, or you can mix it into your own peat or a light mix (such as the Roots Organic B-2 mix, for example). You add your own perlite, and compost/worm castings and cook it for a week or two. One pack will do about 30+ gallons of soil at full strength, I'd shoot to end up with 40 to 45 gallons so you have 70 to 80% strength.

I've used several nutrient packs and also gave the prebag soil a go. In my opinion, the prebagged mix is slightly too strong for some autos. I believe it is slightly too rich in worm castings. I cut the bag just slightly so it was around 90% strength. My Rainbow Moonstone auto had a little bit of N claw but not too bad. My Amber and Fairy Frost did fine though and were very lush in it.

I would recommend cut it to 80% strength with some peat and perlite, or perhaps some rinsed coco and perlite, and I think it would do most autos great. Also, the prebag mix is like 30% aeration material (they use pumice). I tend to think autos prefer well aerated soil and would probably add some extra perlite anyways, whether you're cutting the soil or not. Another grower I've chatted with feels that 40% aeration is ideal for autos. Anyway, I'll leave that to you to decide but you might want to go ahead and add a little extra perlite to it. Depending on the strains you run, you may or may not see the N toxicity that I did, but I do think you can cut it to 80% and it should be very good. I would not sow directly into that mix though, that is too burly for seedlings. Tier or plug into it after 10-15 days.

I am totally happy and impressed with the plants I grew in this soil, for sure. It performs very well and produces tasty, aromatic and dense buds no problemo, it's so easy. You should go ahead and oh your water though with a non-phosphoric acid product. I use earth juice oh down crystals, which is basically ascorbic acid and will be gentler on the microflora in the soil. The soil can buffer ph for you, but not to an infinite degree. You can just use some cheap test strips though, and just approximate the ph to between 6 and 7 and that would be good enough in my book.

Lastly, the prebag mix worked great but if you need larger volumes of soil, using the nute packs with your own peat, or promix or whatever is much more cost efficient. By a factor of at least 2. You just have to add your own compost/castings, which are not at all expensive. But, per the mixing instructions on the pack, you can choose whether to use compost, or castings, or both. As above, regarding N toxicity, I would recommend half compost and half castings, or slightly favored toward compost. I would not use all castings, again, as some autos are not going to like all that N. Once you have it in the soil, you can't take it out so I'd recommend take care with that and I'd prefer to weakly topdress those castings onto an individual plant if it's truly deficient. I.e. it's easier to add later if needed rather than try to fix it if a plant is getting too much. But just emphasize the compost over castings and they'll do great. I mixed like three batches last summer between 35 and 75% strength. I think close to 75% is great and that 100% is not necessary, but I haven't tested at 100% strength.

I'm looking forward to seeing people try this product line out, I think you will have success with it. Manage the strength of it a little and don't plant directly into it, and ph your water with something gentle and you will get great results with it for sure. I never needed calmag in this soil, even under Led's. It's awesome stuff.

@MediScrogs Thank you so much for all that info that's some priceless information it will make it much easier when I jump into this. Impressive not having to use cal mag at all even under LED lights. I really appreciate your time and info bro. I will do a soil/grow diary I will save my American Pie auto's for that and review both as I go along and I will tag you if you want. Have a great day:slap:

@Ripped In Oregon sure man, my pleasure. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs for you and @Dudeski . It might be okay to mix a nute pack at 100% as long as you don't overdo the castings. With the prebagged mix at 90%, I saw no evidence of burning, just really dark green leaves and slight claw. I did also water in coconut water once, and very light bonemeal and extra sugars/mycs but I don't believe it was really necessary to do so...that's just me being a control freak. Lol.

Now that I have tested and proven the ease and quality of the KIS products, I highly doubt I would ever go back to bottle nutes. I've chatted with Tad at KIS a few times and he was very helpful, and was curious to hear about testing the products with autos. They don't do a lot of advertising but have grown by word of mouth. I am 100% satisfied with their products, I'm sure you will be too.

And yes, please tag me to the American Pie run. If possible, I'd run more than one strain so you can see how different genetics respond. My only concern is the amount of worm castings in the prebag, I hope you will cut it a little and tier or plug into it.

Have fun!
:pass:

Could I ask you to go to the new sub section in organics called living organic soils and give us a nice detailed write up on your soil process?

And yes, please tag me to the American Pie run. If possible, I'd run more than one strain so you can see how different genetics respond. My only concern is the amount of worm castings in the prebag, I hope you will cut it a little and tier or plug into it.

Have fun!
Start your own thread in there

Have fun!

I will for sure and I will most definitely cut and tier it for sure. I am looking forward to using it I have wanted to do some organic stuff but it was a different world than just plugging nutes in the soil,this makes it MUCH easier to do that without knowing everything that needs to be in there. Thanks again!

Back