Harvest & Curing Drying Temp/Humidity Ok?

Sweating the buds in paper bags before curing for a day or so until buds mantain 10 to 12 percent humidity will pull any moisture from the center outwards so they dont mold. If too much moisture is left in the middle of buds they can and will mold. Never leave them sealed if buds are not fully dry or sweated to the 10 to 12 percent moisture content. Most of us aim for 11 percent before curing.

If curing inside the jar reading is 65 the buds moisture cintent will not be that high. They should be under 20 percent moisture inside the buds or less if hygrometwr is reading 65. But if you cure with say 15 to 20 percent moisture in buds its gonna most lilely mold if left sealed too long.

You want your curing containers to be between 55 and 65 rh. 58 to 62 rh is the preffered hunidity to cure at. Now the moisture inside the buds should be between 10 to 12 percent before curing. Some of us use the wood moisture meter as a tool in the garden. When buds are 10 to 12 percent moisture no worries of mold and no burping necessary.
Cool Thank you for the inside moisture number.. At what inside % do you believe curing is finished? I will pick up a hydrometer to check humidity

Cool Thank you for the inside moisture number.. At what inside % do you believe curing is finished? I will pick up a hydrometer to check humidity
Your welcome growmie! Theres misconstrued info on that matter. Some like them a little dryer than others. Say if your vaping try to keep em fresh as possible thru the cure. If your smoking joints or blunts you want it dry enough to stay lit and break up easier. Thats personal preference though. It should take 2 weeks minimum to cure. You can cure all the way up to 6 months if you want the best weed you can turn it into. Some terpenes can take months to cure out. Other terpenes will pop in 2 to 4 weeks. I say try it in 2 weeks. If you like it keep smoking it. If not keep curong and checking once a week or every other week til your satisfied with the cure. When you harvest and you already got a bunch of cured smokeable weed, thats the time that most of us will do a 2 to 6 month cure cus we already got meds and were trying to make the next batch the best it can be. If your depending on that smoke now then start checking in 2 weeks and smoke a bowl or joint to test er out. I dont think you should dry and cure buds past 8 percent moisture content in the final product.

Your welcome growmie! Theres misconstrued info on that matter. Some like them a little dryer than others. Say if your vaping try to keep em fresh as possible thru the cure. If your smoking joints or blunts you want it dry enough to stay lit and break up easier. Thats personal preference though. It should take 2 weeks minimum to cure. You can cure all the way up to 6 months if you want the best weed you can turn it into. Some terpenes can take months to cure out. Other terpenes will pop in 2 to 4 weeks. I say try it in 2 weeks. If you like it keep smoking it. If not keep curong and checking once a week or every other week til your satisfied with the cure. When you harvest and you already got a bunch of cured smokeable weed, thats the time that most of us will do a 2 to 6 month cure cus we already got meds and were trying to make the next batch the best it can be. If your depending on that smoke now then start checking in 2 weeks and smoke a bowl or joint to test er out. I dont think you should dry and cure buds past 8 percent moisture content in the final product.

Thank you for the help.. I built an auto burper that should make cure painless.

What moisture do you dry the product to? If the humidity in your jar is 65% do we assume the product is the same? This has me totally confused .. I have worked wood for a minute. I have an instrument that measures the moisture in the sample.. Humidity is the moisture content of the air in a space . So how do we know when the humidity of a space is the same moisture content as the sample? Help a brother out please..
We know this when the humidity stays the same after some time.

58 to 62 rh is the preferred humidity to cure at.
58-62% is the preferred final humidity of the buds, curing starts way earlier. Actually from the moment you cut down the plant and hang it or it's branches up to dry. Like I said...I prefer to remove the buds a bit early then a bit to late as you need the humidity for the curing to work. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the help.. I built an auto burper that should make cure painless.
oxygen degrades terpenes. We now know this which is why we heat seal our grove bags when buds are 10 to 12 percent moisture content (no burping). Or if curing in jars no burping unless your above 12 percent moisture. You can burp and degrade terpenes if you'd like. I choose not too with the current knowledge that oxygen degrades terpenes. A lot of us on here quit burping when we learned to do it right. Only need to burp if u cure too early or u risk mold.

We know this when the humidity stays the same after some time.

58-62% is the preferred final humidity of the buds, curing starts way earlier. Actually from the moment you cut down the plant and hang it or it's branches up to dry. Like I said...I prefer to remove the buds a bit early then a bit to late as you need the humidity for the curing to work. :thumbsup:
I hang whole plant with all fan and sugar leaves untouched. 60 degrees F and 60 RH for two weeks (big or dense buds can take longer) in my dry tent or so until buds are under 15 percent moisture content. Then I cut fan leaves off and break down the plant into smaller branches that will fit in paper bags for the sweating process (sweatkng=removing moisture from center of buds). One layer of branches on the bottom of bag then fold it up and check moisture daily. When buds hit 11 to 12 percent moisture i dry trim sugar leaves off and buck the buds off branches and back into paper bags until they remain between 10 and 12 percent moisture for a day. then i put buds in my grove bags for a day witha hygrometer. If RH is 62 percent or under after a day i remove hygrometer and heat seal after a day of the rh being stable. No burping and no fear of mold. Theres lots of ways to dry and cure. This is just how i do it.

Back