Harvest & Curing Drying Temp/Humidity Ok?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I' m trying to step up my drying game and want folks tboughts on this temperature and humidity combination. In past harvests I didn't really try to control my humidity or temp. I just hund turned on an exhaust fan and small co circulating fan and where the humidity/temp ended up that where it stayed. Humidity would mostly be very low in the 25-30%range and temps would be low 70'sF.

I have just harvested a Twisted Tress Nova OG and have it in 2x4 tent dedicated as a drying space.

I have read the around 65f and 60% humidity is ideal.

I am able to keep the humidity at whatever I want, it's the temps I cant gst that low, 73 F is what I can keep it at consistently.

What does the community say about drying at 73F and 50-55% humidity?

Thanks for any comments.

Thanks for the feedback!!!! I thought it would be good but you know how it is some.times we just need a second opinion

I can control the humidity really easy, its the temp I have no control of at all. Well I guess I could turn the AC down to 65 but no way do I want to pay that electricity bill.

On a wet trim, how long would an average dry take at these numbers? New grower, looking for a baseline so I can stay on top of things and hopefully not overdry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-202620_Smart Life.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-202620_Smart Life.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 53
Hey Tex,
Sounds like you have the same conditions I am dealing with. I'm able to get 58-60% humidity and 70 degrees and that works well for me.
I think you will be fine, just don't over dry them.
:toke:

Old Sage going too fast is what has happened to me before. I didn't pay much mind to humidity and it would dry in 3-4 days. I was so worried about high humidity and mold I was keeping it too low, down in the 30% range.

I want to get it to that 7 day minimum slow dry........

On a wet trim, how long would an average dry take at these numbers? New grower, looking for a baseline so I can stay on top of things and hopefully not overdry.

Tony9, I cut off fan leaves, then cut branches off and hung the branches. I am averaging 73F with 50% humidity. I am on day six and not ready for jars just yet. I am guessing two more days.

I have found that when they start getting almost there the process goes faster. It can be easy to go past the point and over dry them.

Tony9, I cut off fan leaves, then cut branches off and hung the branches. I am averaging 73F with 50% humidity. I am on day six and not ready for jars just yet. I am guessing two more days.

I have found that when they start getting almost there the process goes faster. It can be easy to go past the point and over dry them.
Thank you, I'm going to do that for my next round. I chopped 3 of 9 that were ready, wet trim in bowl for 2 and dried on a hanging rack, and dry trim 1 with bowl cut down as a whole and hung. My next 3 have a week to go, and those I plan on doing as you described and hand trimming when dry. I'm trying a few different methods to find what works best for me. I noticed alot more loss of smell when wet trimming and drying. They're in Grove bags now so we'll see how they cure.
One thing I'm kind of taking away from all this research, is it's probably better to jar/bag them a little on the moist side, as you can burp them if needed. When done too dry, it's harder to get them back to optimum levels.

So I'm at 1 full week of drying at mid to upper 60s temps, and upper 50s humidity. They seem like they have atleast 3 to 4 days to go. Stems still bend and they buds aren't crispy yet.
Am I looking for just the smallest stems to snap, or the medium and large ones also? How crispy am I looking for the buds to be? This is my first run so I know I'm overthinking it, but just looking for some clarity as what to look for. These will be final hand trimmed after cannabrush, if that helps. This is where they are now, with 3 whole plants drying starting today in back and on the side.
Screenshot_20220507-121720_Gallery.jpg

As soon as the middle thick branches snap I would take them off, clean them up and put in a jar. Just put a humidity meter inside the jar and as soon as it goes above 70% then open the jar and let it air. As soon as the humidity is below 70% you open the jar two times a day for 30min. You keep doing that until the humidity reaches 65%. From then on you can let the jar air once every day or every other day.
You can get a good cure that way, but remember that the higher the humidity when you start curing the closer you have to keep an eye on it so mold won't be an issue. :thumbsup:

Back