Druid's little grow thread

Well, shit. Today I found budrot on the largest cola of the white widow. cut the whole branch off and binned it. Goddammit. I didn't find anything else but haven't looked too closely yet. What I did do is cut down the strawberry cola, trimm her a bit and put her up in the top of the tent. I wanted to let her have another week or so but i'm not risking it now.

That was just the first 40 minutes of my last 5 hour dash, the rest, you can find here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/diy-automated-drying-curing-box.91914/post-2945304

Well, shit. Today I found budrot on the largest cola of the white widow. cut the whole branch off and binned it. Goddammit. I didn't find anything else but haven't looked too closely yet. What I did do is cut down the strawberry cola, trimm her a bit and put her up in the top of the tent. I wanted to let her have another week or so but i'm not risking it now.

That was just the first 40 minutes of my last 5 hour dash, the rest, you can find here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/diy-automated-drying-curing-box.91914/post-2945304
Just went through the budrot horror man I'm sorry to hear that. But we always bounce back! Hopefully it's not to bad and you can salvage a good majority. Hang in there!

Just went through the budrot horror man I'm sorry to hear that. But we always bounce back! Hopefully it's not to bad and you can salvage a good majority. Hang in there!

Yeah, there's plenty left of the white widow and she's also starting to ripen up a bit now, which is nice

IMG_20240803_155627.jpg

You might notice my immediate panic reaction was to buy two oscillating fans for entirely too much money lol.

IMG_20240803_153848.jpg

Cutting those parts away hurt in the moment but in the long run it's not going to matter.. provided nothing else happens.
Of course I didn't want to spend the money right away, so at first I just reoriented the static fans I was using, which caused a good bit of wind burn on the Mimosa Orange

IMG_20240803_153904.jpg

I'm hoping that won't happen now.

Here's a pic of the white widow, she still needs a good bit of time but there are some buds that are just white. Trichomes so dense they look straight up white in some places. Neat.

IMG_20240803_153813.jpg

The large white widow has awakened some long burried urge in me. I wanna grow a photo next, a tree. Just a single plant, trained and maintained to perfection.
Don't know which one yet..

IMG_20240807_200821.jpg

I'm gonna put this first so they are closer to scroll, look how the little mimosa on the right has grown. She's so big now, she needs another dripper or two if i want her to continue this quickly. I might plant her into a bigger pot too, once her rootball in this one is dense enough. Since the smaller ones are root pruning pots, they produce a super dense and nice network of fine roots. The big ones ain't so I want to get everything I can get out of them before I put em in there.

IMG_20240807_200830.jpg

I also put some perlite on top of the big pot, didn't like the algae and fungi that were growing on the top, so I figure a coarser grain on the top should stay dry and solve that for me. Should have worn a mask when playing with the perlite tho. I did wash it but well, had to get it to the water first. I'm thinking about some large balled hydroton or other stuff that won't blow a cloud every time I open the bag.

IMG_20240807_200844.jpg

The white widow is still growing, even with her crispy little leaves. No clue what I did to her to cause that but the way I see it, as long as she keeps growing, I'll feed her. I wish I could adequately portray how full of trichomes she is in some places.

IMG_20240807_200900.jpg

Those ain't just white pistils, she's straight up white in large areas, just from the trichomes. I hope she's a good smoke.

IMG_20240807_200913.jpg

The mimosa orange is now almost as large as the white widow but her node spacing is a lot longer. I'll have to take away some lower branches soon to direct her a bit. Might do that friday.

I'm currently smoking some of the Strawberry Cola. Didn't cure yet but went into the bags today. Right now it's quite potent, have been smoking 17% for th past month or so, this is more. It absolutely needs to cure, not that it's harsh or anything; after the 10 day dry it's already pretty smooth but there is an oddness to it that usually passes after a few weeks of curing.

in the tent i cut off some of the lower shrubbery from the mimosa today and added 2 more dripper lines. that pot was M-ty

Today I had to ratchet my light up a good bit, the Mimosa Orange just keeps growing, reminder: she is just a month old. 32 days.

IMG_20240811_184527.jpg

I gave her another 2 drippers, so now she gets 4L/day and she still doesn't get any runoff. What she did do, however, was to grow like something's chasing her.

IMG_20240811_184545.jpg

I did take off some lower branches, just the most useless ones. will have to do a proper job later, but first I want to see how she behaves. The less I can do, the better. Look at those two main branches tho, those are the two higher of the 4 branches I left when topping. Most of the remaining lower crown is just from the two lower branches:

IMG_20240811_184600.jpg

She should calm down in 3 to 4 days tho. Good timing aswell because I don't have a lot of room left to go in the tent.

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_184537.jpg
    IMG_20240811_184537.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
Remember 3 days ago when I thought she would calm down and stop growing? Well, she ain't.

IMG_20240814_143319.jpg

She's now on day 36 and has grown another 20cm in the last 3 days, if she keeps going I might have to reorganize things in the top of the tent.
Her structure is pretty good, quite open. Once I chop the white widow on the left, I'm gonna pull the Mimosa wide, using a net, might not have to take off too many suckers after all.

IMG_20240814_143335.jpg IMG_20240814_143344.jpg

IMG_20240817_165455.jpg

Interesting, she is starting to swell her buds but still stretching. Ehh, more plant more fun.
That's what I say when looking at the white widow aswell, she's been foxtailing.. I wanna see if she foxtails on her foxtails.

IMG_20240817_165505.jpg

Here's a few closeup shots of her

IMG_20240817_165619.jpg IMG_20240817_165645.jpg IMG_20240817_165603.jpg

Compared to your average auto, the white widow already looks monstrous.. but next to the Mimosa Orange she is ti ny

IMG_20240817_165511.jpg

IMG_20240831_095208.jpg

The Mimosa has put on a little weight. She did get a little too dry for 2 days last week but is doing well enough again. She's now drinking disproportionately less, when compared to the amount of crispy leafage.. might have killed some of the roots.

IMG_20240831_095137.jpg

And then there's the White Widow, had to sacrifice another arm of her to Nurgle, the rot-god. This one should be called Mimosa. But she's still growing.. sort of.

IMG_20240831_095149.jpg

She's still foxtailing, and now she's foxtailing on her foxtails..

IMG_20240831_095157.jpg IMG_20240831_095200.jpg

But her tricomes are still clear... on day 111, here are some shots of the central buds.

IMG_20240831_095326.jpgIMG_20240831_095304.jpgIMG_20240831_095250.jpg

I can't believe that I made this post only yesterday morning. It's like 3 days have already passed in the tent, the Epsilon was bone dry, as were the other two. Funny thing is, we've had rainy weather and quite low temps the last 2 days.. soooo that's weird. Even weirder is the amount the two on the right have grown. I forgot to take photos, gonna make some tomorrow. The Strawberry Cola's buds are actually starting to look bud-shaped and the White Widow has grown at least 2cm in all directions and is looking like a green sphere again. Crazy.

I'm sitting here worried about the low temps and high humidity and the plants are having the time of their lives in the tent.

Since Dinafem is no more, do you have an idea where I could still get some of the genetics? I'm specifically looking for the old Moby Dick Auto. In the next round I wanna grow some moby dicks again, love the hazy white widow´-ness of it. And the bang it has, to be honest. I still got some newish photo seeds of it but in summer I try to avoid light dependent flowers.
I grew a Dinafem Moby Dick XXL auto early on in my auto career, I can honestly say that it almost reduced me to tears. Here she is at 12 weeks and finally finishing at 18, actually one of my all time favourite plant terpwise. delicious caramel pine, strongest pine terps by far.

Attachments

• 12w.jpg
    12w.jpg
    800.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 18w.jpg
    18w.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 3
Back