New Grower Drilling drainage holes in pots

Reaction score
What is the best place to drill the holes and how many should be there?

Is it best to:
a) drill them at the bottom
b) drill on the sides just a little bit above the bottom
c) something third?

Will drilling using option b) create a small layer of water that will eventualy get filled with fungus and it will smell and rot out?

Cheers ppl :*

As many 1/4" holes as you can fit on the bottom and about 3/4" up the sides ...

Just to conclude... 1/4" is quarter inch which is 0.6 cm (inch=2.5cm) and 3/4" is distance from bottom and that distance should also be filled with as many holes?

Plus... Do you 100% recommend this for outdoor guerrilla? Sorry that I ask too much and, in a way, dont trust you but I just want to be sure about everything. Thanks dude :D

When I grow outdoors I start the plant under LEDs in 1 gal root pouches ... at about 3 weeks when the plants are little bushes I plant root pouch and all into the ground ... you can prepare the spot you intend to plant any way you want ... Plant in the sunniest spot you can find because too much shade will cause plants to grow tall and stringy ... a lot of different 'root pouches' on the market ...

https://www.nirvanashop.com/en/cannabis-growth-solutions/853-root-pouch.html

My idea is to plant autos in their final pot from start to finish so they dont experience transplanting stress for maximum results...

go buck daft with a 5mm bit and stop when your arm gets sore,was the method i used.
003.JPG

:pighug:

not sure i can put a time on it,but i stopped after each pot for a smoke glad i only had 5 pots.
:pighug:

I did mine with a hole saw. 2" bit and added as many as I could fit in the bucket. Surprised that all the soil stayed put. Air pots rock but they are sort a notch when in tight places. Seems like they always get hung up on each other

Back