DIY Dream Farm Report v3 LAG grow journal

Yes I understand that. What I am asking is at which point by adding aeration does it become a “coco” or “hydro” grow. Like what is the tipping point of the ratio of say coco to soil?

Does it need to be 100% coco to use the lower pH or can it be 70/30 and still use the soil range?
I wouldn’t put any more then 30%. I tried once going 50/50 and I ran into problems I’m positive we’re ph related.

Same for the stones. No more then 30% and I think u should be fine.
That’s kinda what I was thinkin. I may do a little test after this run and see how much drainage is going to be the tipping point for the pH to start goin wonky. But in theory you would just lower your pH with the increase in drainage. But when and how much would be the question

i used a 70 /30 mix in auto pots I've ran as low as 6.2. And I mis-stated my range. 6.5 to 6.7 in organic soil. My Megacrop feed soil I keep as cloe to 6.4 as I can.
Why would you want to run low PH though? If anything, people doing hydro run their PH way too low.

Yes I understand that. What I am asking is at which point by adding aeration does it become a “coco” or “hydro” grow. Like what is the tipping point of the ratio of say coco to soil?

Does it need to be 100% coco to use the lower pH or can it be 70/30 and still use the soil range?

I also have this gigantic box of Growpito. XN you mix that into soil like you can coco? I can’t remember who it was that turned me on to the Growpito. Maybe @Mizzo81 or @Fitzy

Also here’s a couple pics
7B010B6A-7545-46A3-BED2-5626B6C8A9B3.jpeg
42A18C15-AFCE-44A6-9FC9-829224F5AC96.jpeg

Yeah I’m using growpito. I’m running straight growpito I’m not sure about mixing it. It works extremely well in autopots.

Back