The AR was beautiful. I was really looking forward to taking it to the 500m range. It felt extremely nice in the hands....a tad on the heavy side, but the bipod took care of that quite nicely. I kept it 5.56mm to keep the cost per squeeze down. I also built a more serious version, an AR-10 chambered in 6.5 Creedmore that is every bit a full blown sniper rifle.

This was it

View attachment 1327768

And this was him

View attachment 1327769

It's still odd seing him knowing he's gone. Quite a unique fella with a pretty snappy noggin. I'm sure y'all can appreciate having someone local to share the joy of growing with.
I don't know Ms. MOG says it smells like a wet dog to her? She just tolerates it for me.

Wet dog is a weird smell. All smells are kinda weird if you think about it, it's funny how some dope can really take on animal smells. I've seen weed that smells like cat piss, my buddy grew some wild ass Hindu strain like 25 years ago that smelled like dog shit. That unmistakable scent of fresh soft light brown dog shit on your shoe after you step in it. It was amazing weed, but it was tough. I've also had some dope that smelled like rotting meat and another that smelled like fierce human body odor.

When I grew a few GWK plants...before I got proper filtration...I came home from work one day and actually thought I hit a skunk. I was out by the road, a few layers away from the plants before I realized no skunks were harmed and I'm causing this smell. This was in July or something and I get people walking dogs and riding bikes all day. Luckily, my partner had an extra carbon filter that I borrowed immediately and eliminated that serious security situation.

Speaking of serious security situations, we turned his closet into a grow room and pumped 5 or 6 pounds out of it. The best part....he was living in a sober living apartment building. Elevators, cameras, weird tenants that have serious mental health issues...everything that screams "This is NOT where you want to set up a farm".

We ordered all the lights, hydroponic equipment, coco, rockwool, tents, seeds from Mephisto, and 8" ventilation gear to my house. We snuck the gear past the cameras using laundry hampers. We used my Sawzall to cut holes in the closet and ventilation system and plumbed our carbon filtered exhaust directly into the building's system. We used a manifold pressure gauge and ran the entire system at negative pressure by using a damper and a rheostat on the intake.

That little rig ran for 18 months or more with no issues....until that one day. We were only running a couple PSI pressure differential. He bought different cat litter one day, and the dust from this inferior kitty litty clogged the huge carbon filter. So much so that the gauge was showing positive pressure vs the usual reading where it was pegged against the stop. If it was a tent, it would have gone from being completely sucked in tight to ballooned out. Obviously the smell leaked out too, and the whole upper floor of this quite locked down facility smelled like Otto's jacket.

Luckily the landlady/counselor person was friendly with him and spilled the beans about a 'surprise inspection' for the morning. Needless to say, we spent a couple hours disassembling our work and did our best to cover up the modifications. She thought it was just someone smoking some dope, not a freaking grow show. Hahaha. We stuffed everything in my truck...a half dozen big living plants included and made a very careful 15 mile drive to my crib at about 11:00pm.

They looked in the closet. Considering we cleaned it spotless 12 hours prior, it was just a quick peek. 18 months and we got shut down because of some cheap kitty litter.

Speaking of growing...what ya think of this?

PSX_20210608_202036.jpg

That's a door. On the other side of said door is a 5' x 6.5' room that is doing fuck all. I can think of something better. It's all of 18 feet from my electric panel, and it's one step away from being completely invisible. I think a new spot will reinvigorate my passion.

Any recommendations on seeds...anything exceptional floating around? What's the deal with Phisto? Thanks dumplins.

Wet dog is a weird smell. All smells are kinda weird if you think about it, it's funny how some dope can really take on animal smells. I've seen weed that smells like cat piss, my buddy grew some wild ass Hindu strain like 25 years ago that smelled like dog shit. That unmistakable scent of fresh soft light brown dog shit on your shoe after you step in it. It was amazing weed, but it was tough. I've also had some dope that smelled like rotting meat and another that smelled like fierce human body odor.

When I grew a few GWK plants...before I got proper filtration...I came home from work one day and actually thought I hit a skunk. I was out by the road, a few layers away from the plants before I realized no skunks were harmed and I'm causing this smell. This was in July or something and I get people walking dogs and riding bikes all day. Luckily, my partner had an extra carbon filter that I borrowed immediately and eliminated that serious security situation.

Speaking of serious security situations, we turned his closet into a grow room and pumped 5 or 6 pounds out of it. The best part....he was living in a sober living apartment building. Elevators, cameras, weird tenants that have serious mental health issues...everything that screams "This is NOT where you want to set up a farm".

We ordered all the lights, hydroponic equipment, coco, rockwool, tents, seeds from Mephisto, and 8" ventilation gear to my house. We snuck the gear past the cameras using laundry hampers. We used my Sawzall to cut holes in the closet and ventilation system and plumbed our carbon filtered exhaust directly into the building's system. We used a manifold pressure gauge and ran the entire system at negative pressure by using a damper and a rheostat on the intake.

That little rig ran for 18 months or more with no issues....until that one day. We were only running a couple PSI pressure differential. He bought different cat litter one day, and the dust from this inferior kitty litty clogged the huge carbon filter. So much so that the gauge was showing positive pressure vs the usual reading where it was pegged against the stop. If it was a tent, it would have gone from being completely sucked in tight to ballooned out. Obviously the smell leaked out too, and the whole upper floor of this quite locked down facility smelled like Otto's jacket.

Luckily the landlady/counselor person was friendly with him and spilled the beans about a 'surprise inspection' for the morning. Needless to say, we spent a couple hours disassembling our work and did our best to cover up the modifications. She thought it was just someone smoking some dope, not a freaking grow show. Hahaha. We stuffed everything in my truck...a half dozen big living plants included and made a very careful 15 mile drive to my crib at about 11:00pm.

They looked in the closet. Considering we cleaned it spotless 12 hours prior, it was just a quick peek. 18 months and we got shut down because of some cheap kitty litter.

Speaking of growing...what ya think of this?

View attachment 1328217

That's a door. On the other side of said door is a 5' x 6.5' room that is doing fuck all. I can think of something better. It's all of 18 feet from my electric panel, and it's one step away from being completely invisible. I think a new spot will reinvigorate my passion.

Any recommendations on seeds...anything exceptional floating around? What's the deal with Phisto? Thanks dumplins.
With today's efficient LEDs you can do that into a grow space on 20amps?
Electricity :greencheck:
space :greencheck:
Ventilation ?

I am going to grow my first Mephisto seeds in the next grow Double Grape. I need to see what all of the hype is about.

@Dr.Bubbles do you have any document grows here on AFN? We have a lot of good genetics passing through the Cultivator's club. You get seed in return for a grow journal showing off the genetics. Win Win.

I got some pretty rad gear. I got about a dozen COBs...some Citizen 1818s and a pair of 1825s 90CRI @ 3500K°. The bigguns are running at about 110w each. Crazy lights. I also got a Samsung strip light that has a smidge more blue in it. All of my driver's except one are the HLG Meanwell except for a 4 channel LG driver that I have yet to use for growing. I got 5 or 6 of em. I got a sweet inline centrifugal 8" duct fan all metal with a controller, and also a 6" plastic in line duct fan...a couple 8" active carbon filters, a pretty insane Inkbird atmosphere controller that does temp + humidity in real time, I have a pair of tents, a 2x2 and a 4x4, I got a pair of reverse osmosis water filters as well as a dedicated sink and fertilizer mixing area. I also got a pond fogger that will make as much humidity as the Inkbird says to. I have a portable A/C unit and a dehumidifier dedicated to the cause if the need should arise, but my basement is about 68-70° and about 50-55% RH. I pretty much got everything to nail the mother nature part. I also got timers and a CO2 tank and old hydro parts and about 30 buckets. I have a diaphragm air pump with a few stones and an igloo air thingy that works lovely for deep water culture and mother plants if photos come into play. I can use my 4x4 as a 18/6 mother/clone ro and use my new spot as a flowering room if I needs. Got some decisions to make. I got an old sub panel that's about 40 years old that I wanna throw on the wall. At the very least, I'm gonna run a pair of 20amp dedicated GFCI circuits on 10 or 12 gauge Romex in conduit. My old man was an elek chicken, so I've been playing with wires since I can remember. I was a professional car stereo/alarm installer at one of the top shops in the city. Hell, I even went to school for it in Toronto for 6 weeks. It was in Chinatown, which made it even crazier. We got some fantastic food though from people who didn't speak a lick of English. A lot of pointing and body language. They had some amazing strip clubs though...at 19, I was like a candy shop fool child.

I am gonna do this right as rain...I like a very organized dope show.

Anything good for supper tonight?

I'm just having some burgers and fries. It's about time to make some coleslaw methinks. Well, not tonight, but next trip to the store, which will most likely be tomorrow.

Some of the crops from before the incident

signal-2020-02-10-163130.jpg

signal-2020-02-10-163238.jpg

signal-2020-02-10-163415.jpg

signal-2020-02-10-163657.jpg

IMG_20180203_155126616.jpg

Look at the size of these dummy Dutch Passion auto Euforia buds. That's a 4x4 tent with an 8" exhaust for reference. That was grown deep water culture under the pair of 1825 Citizens. About 24 -25 ounces off that one. I wasn't crazy about the door though, I sold it all for like $160 a zip. Money does grow on trees apparently.

IMG_20180312_204659961.jpg

Another shot of the 4x4 after it was filled up. A decent amount of weed right there
IMG_20180312_214254074.jpg

Yeah....I need this again. I'm gonna do this. That's why I'm here.

With today's efficient LEDs you can do that into a grow space on 20amps?
Electricity :greencheck:
space :greencheck:
Ventilation ?

I am going to grow my first Mephisto seeds in the next grow Double Grape. I need to see what all of the hype is about.
I have done almost nothing but Mephisto. I have tried a few others, and was just not satisfied. I have successfully harvested at least half a dozen Meph strains...GWK, also known as Grape Walker Kush, which is the shit that almost got me in trouble out by the road. GWK is the one with the hand on the left side. That is the best plant I've ever seen. The one that got a pH issue at the very end in the bottom is AvT, Alien vs Triangle. I've also grown Skywalker, Creme Bubbly, and another of my favorites, Sour Stomper. Most of the Meph plants have been dynamite.

Check this fucking plant
signal-2020-02-10-163731.jpg

Some LST training....that is my jam. That is GWK, which is the definition of one hit shit. This is an earlier pic of the plant with the hand. This plant was fucking beautiful. It was just perfect dope. I even made some ISO hash with it. Haha. I'm an idiot. It was already too strong before being concentrated.

I am a gun nut too. Here's the latest toy to bad there's an ammo shortage :shooty: I had to throw in a pic of my little 500 yard friend.

Attachments

• Beowulf.JPG
    Beowulf.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 23
  • mag.JPG
    mag.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1637.JPG
    100_1637.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 24
I got some pretty rad gear. I got about a dozen COBs...some Citizen 1818s and a pair of 1825s 90CRI @ 3500K°. The bigguns are running at about 110w each. Crazy lights. I also got a Samsung strip light that has a smidge more blue in it. All of my driver's except one are the HLG Meanwell except for a 4 channel LG driver that I have yet to use for growing. I got 5 or 6 of em. I got a sweet inline centrifugal 8" duct fan all metal with a controller, and also a 6" plastic in line duct fan...a couple 8" active carbon filters, a pretty insane Inkbird atmosphere controller that does temp + humidity in real time, I have a pair of tents, a 2x2 and a 4x4, I got a pair of reverse osmosis water filters as well as a dedicated sink and fertilizer mixing area. I also got a pond fogger that will make as much humidity as the Inkbird says to. I have a portable A/C unit and a dehumidifier dedicated to the cause if the need should arise, but my basement is about 68-70° and about 50-55% RH. I pretty much got everything to nail the mother nature part. I also got timers and a CO2 tank and old hydro parts and about 30 buckets. I have a diaphragm air pump with a few stones and an igloo air thingy that works lovely for deep water culture and mother plants if photos come into play. I can use my 4x4 as a 18/6 mother/clone ro and use my new spot as a flowering room if I needs. Got some decisions to make. I got an old sub panel that's about 40 years old that I wanna throw on the wall. At the very least, I'm gonna run a pair of 20amp dedicated GFCI circuits on 10 or 12 gauge Romex in conduit. My old man was an elek chicken, so I've been playing with wires since I can remember. I was a professional car stereo/alarm installer at one of the top shops in the city. Hell, I even went to school for it in Toronto for 6 weeks. It was in Chinatown, which made it even crazier. We got some fantastic food though from people who didn't speak a lick of English. A lot of pointing and body language. They had some amazing strip clubs though...at 19, I was like a candy shop fool child.

I am gonna do this right as rain...I like a very organized dope show.

Anything good for supper tonight?

I'm just having some burgers and fries. It's about time to make some coleslaw methinks. Well, not tonight, but next trip to the store, which will most likely be tomorrow.

Some of the crops from before the incident

View attachment 1328267
View attachment 1328268

View attachment 1328269

View attachment 1328270
View attachment 1328274

Look at the size of these dummy Dutch Passion auto Euforia buds. That's a 4x4 tent with an 8" exhaust for reference. That was grown deep water culture under the pair of 1825 Citizens. About 24 -25 ounces off that one. I wasn't crazy about the door though, I sold it all for like $160 a zip. Money does grow on trees apparently.

View attachment 1328275

Another shot of the 4x4 after it was filled up. A decent amount of weed right there
View attachment 1328276

Yeah....I need this again. I'm gonna do this. That's why I'm here.
And here I just thought you were just sticking your toe back into growing :crying:.

All you need is seed, feed and water .:growing:

Just leftover enchiladas for dinner.

I am a gun nut too. Here's the latest toy to bad there's an ammo shortage :shooty: I had to throw in a pic of my little 500 yard friend.
I heard about the ammo shortage, but I haven't tried to purchase any recently. That mag looks mean dude, what rounds are those? I'm not up in all the latest AR mods, lol.

I was bouncing around YouTube the other week and this video popped up that was titled something like 'My .50 cal exploded on me' (don't quote me on that). The video was only a day or two old, so I clicked it. CRAZY!!

So apparently this guy has a fairly large channel, and he is ex law enforcement and loves shooty pops. The vid starts and this guy is in a sling, all black and blue, and just looking generally like he got his ass kicked. He starts telling the story....

So he has a nice fitty...single shot, threaded breach plug, simple and elegant, chambered in the legendary .50 BMG. He also has these seriously old crazy incendiary rounds, along with some more modern rounds. He busts out a freaking fire hydrant and winds up taking a few shots at it with both ammo types. He was having a bit of trouble with the incendiary rounds being on target. He loaded up a round and put it straight through the thing and it came halfway out the other side and got stuck. Still freaking sharp and not mangled, maybe it was like a depleted uranium round or other armor piercing, can't remember, but man did it look cool...anyway, naturally after that shit you're gonna have to take another pop. He proceeds to unthread the spent casing and puts one of them flame rounds in. He screws the cap back firmly and locks the barrel down to the lower. The lock will not accept the barrel if the breach cap isn't screwed down all the way. He is sitting at a table, and using a bipod, so he looks super comfortable. He looks down the scope, holds his breath and squeezes the trigger. Flash. The muzzle flash was monstrous, and the whole weapon goes flying almost instantly.

Here is what happened:

Those old rounds were all over the place in terms of pressure, he couldn't even put em in target. So this one extra hot round made so much pressure, that it sheared the threads for the cap right off the end of the barrel. The cap came straight back, and hit him directly in his safety glasses...it hit so hard that it broke the glasses and the glasses hit his face. On either side of the threads are these 2 big ass ears, that are what stop the lock from engaging unless the cap is all the way screwed on. When the cap sheared the threads....which are big meaty threads as you would expect...the ears were the next part to fly. One went into his neck, nicking his jugular vein, and then penetrating his lung causing it to deflate. The other ear tore up his fingers pretty bad. LUCKILY, his dad was the one filming, and his truck was 100 feet away with the keys dangling in the ignition. He said within 60 seconds of the explosion, they were rolling. His dad drove and he called 911 to have the bambulance meet them. As soon as it happened, pops said you got a hole in your neck...he shoved his thumb right up in there and then pinned it with his head and towel to keep the pressure up. He fought to stay conscious and actually wound up remaining conscious through the entire event. The doctors were all worried about him having a stroke when he took his thumb out of the hole. The doctor said that all the stars aligned that day, any number of things could have ended him, from a millimeter difference in the ear, to going unconscious, to having a stroke, to infection.

Absolutely insane. He is gonna get right back up on the horse though. I guess the owner of the company that made the gun said the pressure had to be over 85K psi to shear the threads like that. Normal should be closer to 55-60k. Lucky ass mofo.

Back