Outdoor DOGS LIFE

Fantastic start to the season, @SUNDOG !

Little ones looking great, well spaced, but plenty.
How many did you put in the beds? Looks less than last year?
I like how they're putting on a bit of height early one.
I prefer a taller seedling outside, too, keep them off the ground.

Because you chose the earliest maturing plants for parents,
are you looking to constantly breed for early maturation?
Or will you try to balance it out with yield as well?

The Chongos have some fat leaves, very cool.

The purple lady with the seeds looks full.
You'll pull a few hundred beans out of her?

Fantastic start to the season, @SUNDOG !

Little ones looking great, well spaced, but plenty.
How many did you put in the beds? Looks less than last year?
I like how they're putting on a bit of height early one.
I prefer a taller seedling outside, too, keep them off the ground.

Because you chose the earliest maturing plants for parents,
are you looking to constantly breed for early maturation?
Or will you try to balance it out with yield as well?

The Chongos have some fat leaves, very cool.

The purple lady with the seeds looks full.
You'll pull a few hundred beans out of her?

@Maria Sanchez, yeah last year I counted 1000 seeds and tossed them in the bed. This year I want to control the height better, so I started just under 400 seeds in pots for 4 weeks and ended up with 95 keepers to put in the bed.
This is a separate line of the AK47xHindukush I only look for fast maturing phenos.

That Purple Chongo plant gave over a 1000 seeds. They'll be used for breeding in the future.

Last edited:
@Maria Sanchez, yeah last year I counted 1000 seeds and tossed them in the bed. This year I want to control the height better, so I started just under 400 seeds in pots for 4 weeks and ended up with 95 keepers to put in the bed.
This is a separate line of the AK47xHindukush I only look for fast maturing phenos.

That Purple Chongo plant gave over a 1000 seeds. They'll be used for breeding in the future.

You got the numbers! I'm so jealous, wish I could do the same, haha!
What are your selection criteria at 4 weeks?
Are they already sexed? Or, just vigor and height? Or, .... what?

You got the numbers! I'm so jealous, wish I could do the same, haha!
What are your selection criteria at 4 weeks?
Are they already sexed? Or, just vigor and height? Or, .... what?

I look for vigor and always look for the first to show sex, any weak plants get pulled ASAP.
ill post some pics tomorrow, Ganja Gods willing. Their really starting to get going. they handled the week 4 transplant way better then i thought they would.. these autos never stop amazing me and that's why i love them.

I look for vigor and always look for the first to show sex, any weak plants get pulled ASAP.
ill post some pics tomorrow, Ganja Gods willing. Their really starting to get going. they handled the week 4 transplant way better then i thought they would.. these autos never stop amazing me and that's why i love them.

Gotcha. What node do they usually show sex on?
People often talk about time for showing sex, but I wonder if it's more about the node / maturation....?

Gotcha. What node do they usually show sex on?
People often talk about time for showing sex, but I wonder if it's more about the node / maturation....?

I would say the fourth to sixth node, there could be something to the node count and sex, or at lest could be bred for. but I use time in weeks/days to keep track of maturation so i really cant say.

tape measure for some reference:
DSCN2431.JPG
DSCN2432.JPG
DSCN2433.JPG
DSCN2439.JPG
DSCN2440.JPG
DSCN2441.JPG

Back