Grow Mediums Does anyone use dry amendments in coco with autopots on there?

Reaction score
I am looking at the autopots watering system with plants in coco coir in fabric pots for it. I am looking at having 2 plants in veg and 2 plants in flowering which means I would likely need 2 reservoirs unless I do only water in the reservoir. I watched videos by mr canuck on youtube and it looks like he uses dry amendments in coco. Does anyone use dry amendments in coco and then use the autopots only with water? What nutrient line would you recommend for that? I do not want bugs that is one reason I wanted to do coco for it.

BioTabs buddy... only water for full grow.
Depends where you are though. I heard they're hard to get if you're not in the EU?

Check out the links in my signature to see what BioTabs can do... :thumbsup:

Thanks. I am looking at the biotabs though how long does it take for that to get to the US? The website says like 15 days. I need something now so I am looking at dr earth dry amendments with the dr earth tomato and vegetable 4-6-3 mixed in with the coco and perlite at like 70% with 30% of the dr earth bud and bloom flower girl 3-9-4 then 3 weeks later do 50-50 of the 4-6-3 and 3-9-4 and then 3 weeks later do 30-70 of the 4-6-3 and 3-9-4 with calmag with silicon with drip clean in the water in the reservoir to the autopots on there.

Do you think that would work? Then I may try the biotabs when they do the big sale next month on there.

Mr. Canucks seems very successful. His system is as simple as it can be. My intention when I started was to emulate him. Fail! By that I mean I am a tinkerer and simply can not resist playing with all the ammendments. I would add the beneficial fungi/bacteria (teas) and dry Mycorrhizal, which he does but in a very limited basis.

Thanks. Do you think the plan with the 70% 4-6-3 with 30% 3-9-4 in the coco then amend in 3 weeks with 50-50 then in 3 weeks with 30-70 would work? Then do the teas if needed during the grow? Would I need earthworm castings in there for extra N in the first mix on there?

I always cut in worm with my top dress. If anything your plan may lack K IME. Among other things I dry banana peels and process them in my spice grinder...

Back