DIY DIY Smart Pot

I just wanted to post this here I know I am digging up a old thread. But this might help Outdoor growers for next year. I have found that the non woven shopping bags ranging from 77 cents to a 1.00. I have tried them they work they air prune and grow huge root balls and for the most TOUGH good handles built in. This is a great way for people that are like me NOT RICH or just frugal. I like when I can get something that works for next to nothing. Here is a prime example of a great bag at around 3 gallons and 77 cents. They do not need to be black either
IMG_4531 - Edited (1).jpg

I think I need to dig out the sewing machine I still have from mom and see if it works. Thinking of adding some velcro in on a seam with the smaller, say 2 gallon(ish) size to make some starter, transplanter plants similar to what Geopots makes:

I_gal_velcro_pic_large.jpg

Not a bad little "life hack" or whatever people call it these days lol. But thanks, definitely a nice alternative if someone wanted to save some money. Nice ideas guys!

hahaha bump. The orignal post was made by me at ICMAG. FYI the smart pots i made in this post are still going strong each year with the glue.. I kick the shit out of them after the season is done to empty them out.. The seams are holding very strong.. Im thinking about making a bunch more for some late season dep..

Peace

Pmac aka Paradox

Back