Grow Mediums DIY Filter Warning!

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anybody using this
798560-5f3d9e3601330aed5c17b2bcbe11f976.jpg
for a filter. I am using megacrop and this diy filter completely clogged in about 30 days. I tried this after reading about it on these forums so I figured I should post here about it. I used it on my first grow with no issue and replaced it for my second. Didn't notice it was plugged for at least a week{my bad). Plants are not happy about it one little bit. Hope they make it. Growing in coco. Have a nice day and good luck with your grows.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 97
So your trays were empty? I had that happen before.

I just leave the tray covers off now so I can see whats in the tray with a glance. Makes it so much easier to confirm nothing is clogged up.

Just a heads up for anybody using this
798560-5f3d9e3601330aed5c17b2bcbe11f976.jpg
for a filter. I am using megacrop and this diy filter completely clogged in about 30 days. I tried this after reading about it on these forums so I figured I should post here about it. I used it on my first grow with no issue and replaced it for my second. Didn't notice it was plugged for at least a week{my bad). Plants are not happy about it one little bit. Hope they make it. Growing in coco. Have a nice day and good luck with your grows.
Good info to know. I always wondered if that stuff would work. I measure and record the depth of the water with a yardstick in my reservoir daily, if I don’t see it dropping every day I know something is wrong. Also keeps you from having to open the tent to check the trays if you don’t want to. Good luck with your grow.

Pots were bone dry. Dummy that I am I couldnt figure out why my plants weren't feeding/reservoir wasnt going down. Smoked some wisdom and the light bulb went on while laying in bed. Happened right at the start of stretch. 1 of them stretched anyway but ate its leaves doing so.

Good info to know. I always wondered if that stuff would work. I measure and record the depth of the water with a yardstick in my reservoir daily, if I don’t see it dropping every day I know something is wrong. Also keeps you from having to open the tent to check the trays if you don’t want to. Good luck with your grow.
il be borrowing that level marker idea thankyou

I have tape inside the reservoir so I can tell how much they drink. Just have to be smart enough to use the info in front of my face.

The thing about a ruler or tape in the res is it won't tell you if you have a clog at a tray, which happens. You ever see how small the input hole is? Its small and can clog. Also you can get clogs at the fittings in the line too. That's why i leave the tray covers off and do a quick visual check of each tray every day. Easy as pie.

The thing about a ruler or tape in the res is it won't tell you if you have a clog at a tray, which happens. You ever see how small the input hole is? Its small and can clog. Also you can get clogs at the fittings in the line too. That's why i leave the tray covers off and do a quick visual check of each tray every day. Easy as pie.

Agreed, ditch the tray covers.

Back