Live Stoners Distance grower

Chronic_passion

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all, grab a brew… it’s a fairly hefty hello…

I attempted a few photo grows in my late teens/early twenties with some success but with a lack of patients they weren’t the best yielders. Some twenty years later and quite a few life changes in between and here I am trying once more.

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, "permanently borrowing" all the titbits of knowledge I can get my grubby little hands on for my new project. BIG :thanks: to @Slater, @Hansbricks, @pop22, @Screwauger and everyone else on AFN who have helped me on my quest unknowingly.

So a bit about the grow etc...
I only spend around 6 weeks a year in blighty (Oh yeah... from SW UK :toke:) and wanted to automatize a system as much as I could; so my garden carer (sibling) had minimal interaction yet maximum yield (an easy to maintain garden). An experiment you might say to help my sibling get top quality sticky nugs-of-love with minimal exposure to the less savoury folk in town. With the added bonus of knowing exactly what went into them and what’s going into us!

So after hours of research I devised a setup I thought would solve our conundrum:
1 x Grow tent: 120x120x200
6 x 15ltr AutoPot system with AirDomes and 1 x air stone in res.
2 x ViparSpectra V600
RVK extractor with Rhino Pro filter and acoustic ducting
1 x oscilating monkey fan
Thermometer c/w hygrometer
IP camera

I explained to my local shop about my restrictions and want for simplicity and they suggested going with the following nutrients:
Canna base nutes A&B
CX Regen-a-root
CX Mighty bloom

I constructed the tent, fitted the extraction, lights, mounted the camera, set the trays and put the seeds in to germ. For the first run we chose six different strains. Mainly because we wanted to see which smoke was appropriate for weekends and/or the working week (gigglers/couchers). Oh and of course… which had the greatest yield…
To assist my garden carer I set a plum-bob from one of the lights with a knot at 24” and the bottom of the weight at 30”. That way they could keep the canopy between the two.

We bought from the lovely chaps at the Vault. Delivery was fast and discreet and they threw in a couple of freebies.

Greenhouse Seed Co. - Big Bang
FastBuds - Girl Scout Cookies
FastBuds - Gorilla Glue
Barneys Farm - Blue Mammoth

Free:
Royal Queen Seeds - Northern Lights
Heavyweight Seeds - Auto Jackpot

After countless hours on the forum we decided the best medium option was coco and perlite 60/40 with clay pebbles lining the bottom of the pots (not covering the AirDomes). The pots were soaked and drained with pH5.8 water, lights turned on (both veg and bloom) and the seeds were sowed.

The first two weeks were torture. BB and BM hadn’t sprouted, so I dug gently and… we’d over watered, soggy seeds! Rooky mistake. So we quickly put another of each on to germinate, this time with success!
Three weeks in, the first res was filled with A&B and RaR (EC 1.4 at pH6.2) and the AutoPots and AirDomes were turned on. BB and BM were correctly watered for two weeks this time until the AutoPots took hold. (Nice lesson for next time… Turn on res around day17/18).

Now came the waiting game… watching from overseas on the IP camera while instructing my garden carer when required. Which as it turned out was only about twice a week so the hands off approach was working. :coffee:

Today is day 51 since the seeds were put into germ. Since the start of the grow I’ve learnt a lot but mainly:
Don’t over water at the start.
Don’t turn both veg and bloom on the lights from the start and only use one light so they stretch more. You’ll see shortly that the girls are a tad on the stunted side…
Leave water to stand for minimum 24hrs... we had a period of trouble selling the pH. Stable at 5.8 now.
And... invest in Calmag for the next run.

Two questions I have are thus: I opened the vent at the bottom of the tent (left side of camera) but not the right. You can see the girls on the left are much bigger.
Do you think this is because of the proximity to the fresh air intake?
Should I open both sides half way next run?

Thanks for reading and good luck to all on their grows.

This is the last 14 days:

Ooh... girls in clockwise order from the madam bottom left:
Blue Mammoth
Gorilla Glue
Girl Scout Cookies
Jackpot
Northern Lights
Big Bang

hi and :welcome: @Chronic_ passion :pass:sounds like you off to a good start :thumbsup: pics dont work :shrug:
been lurking for some time or first day here ? :CSR: im archie gemmill :footy:your butlins blue coat hi de high site rep :paleo:a few things well worth a read.

Site Terms Of Use
regardless if you read them or not,you have agreed to abide by them,so best cast your eye over takes 2 mins,in short no religion polictics and dont be a knob :shooty:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/site-terms-of-use.13737/

New Member Intros
why not do an intro,tell us something about yourself your grow or your ferret :shrug:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/live-introductions.35/
Live Stoner Gossip bit lost or stuck,got a question ? a cuppa tea getting cold and a rocket to burn ?:coffee::smokeout:
https://www.autoflower.org/t...ossip-october-2018.67798/page-48#post-1916976
some Guides and Tutorials:laptop:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
start a journal in the new growers section :watering:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/new-growers-grow-journals.44/

follow along with Ash-A-Ton from seed to jar thread :smokeit:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seed-to-jar-live-guide.65331/

anything else just ask away or @ me
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Not working for me either but sounds good.

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

Hey guys,
I've been lurking but only signed up yesterday.
Shame about the video link... it was a time lapse of the past two weeks.
Here's hoping this image is sufficient:

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi all, grab a brew… it’s a fairly hefty hello…

I attempted a few photo grows in my late teens/early twenties with some success but with a lack of patients they weren’t the best yielders. Some twenty years later and quite a few life changes in between and here I am trying once more.

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, "permanently borrowing" all the titbits of knowledge I can get my grubby little hands on for my new project. BIG :thanks: to @Slater, @Hansbricks, @pop22, @Screwauger and everyone else on AFN who have helped me on my quest unknowingly.

So a bit about the grow etc...
I only spend around 6 weeks a year in blighty (Oh yeah... from SW UK :toke:) and wanted to automatize a system as much as I could; so my garden carer (sibling) had minimal interaction yet maximum yield (an easy to maintain garden). An experiment you might say to help my sibling get top quality sticky nugs-of-love with minimal exposure to the less savoury folk in town. With the added bonus of knowing exactly what went into them and what’s going into us!

So after hours of research I devised a setup I thought would solve our conundrum:
1 x Grow tent: 120x120x200
6 x 15ltr AutoPot system with AirDomes and 1 x air stone in res.
2 x ViparSpectra V600
RVK extractor with Rhino Pro filter and acoustic ducting
1 x oscilating monkey fan
Thermometer c/w hygrometer
IP camera

I explained to my local shop about my restrictions and want for simplicity and they suggested going with the following nutrients:
Canna base nutes A&B
CX Regen-a-root
CX Mighty bloom

I constructed the tent, fitted the extraction, lights, mounted the camera, set the trays and put the seeds in to germ. For the first run we chose six different strains. Mainly because we wanted to see which smoke was appropriate for weekends and/or the working week (gigglers/couchers). Oh and of course… which had the greatest yield…
To assist my garden carer I set a plum-bob from one of the lights with a knot at 24” and the bottom of the weight at 30”. That way they could keep the canopy between the two.

We bought from the lovely chaps at the Vault. Delivery was fast and discreet and they threw in a couple of freebies.

Greenhouse Seed Co. - Big Bang
FastBuds - Girl Scout Cookies
FastBuds - Gorilla Glue
Barneys Farm - Blue Mammoth

Free:
Royal Queen Seeds - Northern Lights
Heavyweight Seeds - Auto Jackpot

After countless hours on the forum we decided the best medium option was coco and perlite 60/40 with clay pebbles lining the bottom of the pots (not covering the AirDomes). The pots were soaked and drained with pH5.8 water, lights turned on (both veg and bloom) and the seeds were sowed.

The first two weeks were torture. BB and BM hadn’t sprouted, so I dug gently and… we’d over watered, soggy seeds! Rooky mistake. So we quickly put another of each on to germinate, this time with success!
Three weeks in, the first res was filled with A&B and RaR (EC 1.4 at pH6.2) and the AutoPots and AirDomes were turned on. BB and BM were correctly watered for two weeks this time until the AutoPots took hold. (Nice lesson for next time… Turn on res around day17/18).

Now came the waiting game… watching from overseas on the IP camera while instructing my garden carer when required. Which as it turned out was only about twice a week so the hands off approach was working. :coffee:

Today is day 51 since the seeds were put into germ. Since the start of the grow I’ve learnt a lot but mainly:
Don’t over water at the start.
Don’t turn both veg and bloom on the lights from the start and only use one light so they stretch more. You’ll see shortly that the girls are a tad on the stunted side…
Leave water to stand for minimum 24hrs... we had a period of trouble selling the pH. Stable at 5.8 now.
And... invest in Calmag for the next run.

Two questions I have are thus: I opened the vent at the bottom of the tent (left side of camera) but not the right. You can see the girls on the left are much bigger.
Do you think this is because of the proximity to the fresh air intake?
Should I open both sides half way next run?

Thanks for reading and good luck to all on their grows.

This is the last 14 days:

Ooh... girls in clockwise order from the madam bottom left:
Blue Mammoth
Gorilla Glue
Girl Scout Cookies
Jackpot
Northern Lights
Big Bang

Hey @Chronic_ passion and welcome to AFN. Glad to have been a helping hand in your research... SW UK you say... I live in Narnia too ;)

Look's like your all over the grow dude, got the lot and they are doing amazing, kudos my man... :slap:... yep you need that cal mag seen as your under LED's. Add it into your daily feeding schedule... tip, not all plants will want the same amount of cal/mag some will be more hungry than others.. I can tell you now that that Gorilla Glue by fast buds can be a cal/mag hungry girl, also my fave auto strain to date.

on’t turn both veg and bloom on the lights from the start and only use one light so they stretch more. You’ll see shortly that the girls are a tad on the stunted side…

This will have no effect over the stretch of the girls (red wave length tells the plants which way is up, that's about as far as it go's), that switch on the side of a Vipar is just a gimmick. There is no need for it, you might as well leave it on all the time. By not having it switched on your just denying the plant extra light and spectrum in the veg stage... they use all the spectrum through out the whole grow cycle favoring more blue in veg and leaning towards red in flower and at the end of flower they like a bit more blue... when it come's to stretch, its your environment that will effect the plant more than you light. I recommend playing around with your temps during stretch, lower temps for a small stretch, higher for taller stretch. RH will also play a part in the stretch as well... I've been trying the growing towards the light idea to see if that reduces the stretch, it doesn't... What I have noticed during different times of the year due to environment is the stretch differing (this is with clones), If I'm around 27c to 30c the lady's get away from me and grow into the light but if I'm around 24-25c they stay squatter and easier to handle.

On the vent, yes that plant maybe getting a slight cooler breeze but unless its a drastic difference in temps I think you should be OK

Last edited:
Back