Live Stoners Distance grower

Thanks @Slater. The description is enough. I'm quite creative so I'll knock something together.
So do I understand correctly that the hotbox is on the Inkbird but the tube rads are on 24/0? Would you not put both on the Inkbird?
I've sorted the SMSCOM for my main extractor so that'll slow things down.
Thanks for your help

every thing is on the one inkbird controller (one per tent), I use a extension double plug for the tube heaters in the tent and plug that into one of the inkbird sockets with the hot box on the other... to be honest unless your temps out side of your tent drop below 10c (that's assuming the tent is insulated) you will get away with just the 2 x 180w tube heaters... the hot box I use is just on one of my tents now with only the one tube heater. Since setting up another space I have raised the ambient temps around the tents that I'm finding that the hot box is not need as much and the tube heater do the job perfect... the bonus for the hot box is RH, due to it heating the air coming into the tent it can lower the RH if you in the danger zone for bud rot.

Update day [HASHTAG]#70[/HASHTAG]... [[HASHTAG]#55[/HASHTAG] for BB & BM]
BB looking healthy tucked away in the back left.
BM has just rocketed... do you think it's too late to super crop? Or will she be ok once GG [middle right] & GSC [front right] leave the tent?
IMG-20181112-WA0001.jpg

NL [middle left] , GSC & GG are practically done. Think Friday could be the big day for them...
IMG-20181112-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20181112-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20181112-WA0009.jpg

JP [front left] has a bit more fattening to go...
IMG-20181112-WA0003.jpg

Looking at my last grow I think I'm in for a wonderful time this time around... and I have a feeling it's all about the environment! LOL
I took some great advice from many peeps on here (mostly a big thanks to @Slater) and spent some hard earned cash on the well needed mods.

So I did some shopping and made the following modifications since my first run:
  • SMSCOM 6.5A smart controller for RVK extractor, dialled down to about 25% speed: on 24hrs.
  • INKBIRD ITC-306T temperature controller with 2 x 3' 180W tube rads set to 26.5C.
  • INKBIRD IHC-200 humidity controller with HR-15 humidifier and 100ltr tank. Set to 70% for first 4 weeks then reduced to 55% RH.
  • AutoPot res now has a water pump instead of airstone and a 100W heater set to 20 degrees.
  • CANNA CalMag Agent.
  • DripClean addative.
  • Bluelab Guardian monitor (always in res and replaced pen and trunchoen).
Although all of the above didn't come cheaply you can really see the difference it's made. Here are 2 pics: The first is my first run at day 51 and the second is my current run on day 34. I'm really excited to see what they end up like :eyebrows:

20190314_095520.jpg

20190314_091227.jpg

Happy growing everyone :vibe:

Last edited:
Looking at my last grow I think I'm in for a wonderful time this time around... and I have a feeling it's all about the environment! LOL
I took some great advice from many peeps on here (mostly a big thanks to @Slater) and spent some hard earned cash on the well needed mods.

• SMSCOM 6.5A smart controller for RVK extractor, dialled down to about 25% speed: on 24hrs.
  • INKBIRD ITC-306T temperature controller with 2 x 3' 180W tube rads set to 26.5C.
  • INKBIRD IHC-200 humidity controller with HR-15 humidifier and 100ltr tank. Set to 70% for first 4 weeks then reduced to 55% RH.
  • AutoPot res now has a water pump instead of airstone and a 100W heater set to 20 degrees.
  • CANNA CalMag Agent.
  • DripClean addative.
Although all of the above didn't come cheaply you can really see the difference it's made. Here are 2 pics: The first is my first run at day 51 and the second is my current run on day 34. I'm really excited to see what they end up like :eyebrows:

View attachment 1028686
View attachment 1028685

nice!... super awesome shopping list there...inkbird for the win on there thermostat's (I can recommended there little thin cigar ones for the jars)...

Now I don't want to be a bummer but I have to warn you on the blulabs ph probe that come with that kit , I've went through 3 between 2017 and 2018... it's not the probe but where the wire come in at the top. The plastic coating around the wire breaks very very easy as it enter the probe. Just a little slit/crack and the probe starts to swing big and you will not notice until you get lock out... my best advice is to only move it in and out of the tank when you have to, only for a cleaning / calibrate. Just avoid as little movement as possible on the wire at the top... Main issue I found was that it come bent in the package and as you bend it straight chances are that's when it stats to stresses the plastic coating. To much back and forth at the top probe (this is only moving about the place and wrapping the wire back up), then it brakes. didn't take long, couple of months at the most... this is why I have gone over to the pens. I have found them to be way more accurate on regular basis... I do find I have to calibrate weekly.

I'm not nocking the unit, blulabs for the win all the way, just be really mindful of that lead going into the ph probe or you will forking out again very soon.

• CANNA CalMag Agent.
  • DripClean addative.

View attachment 1028686
View attachment 1028685

oh forgot to say... the plants look fab :thumbsup: ... top job

Thanks for the heads up on that... slight design flaw on their behalf. I guess so you have to buy replacements!
Like you mentioned though, I only ever move it on cleaning and calibration, so once a month basically. Now that I have the HR-15 supply tank next to my res I just lift and dunk between the two to keep it from drying out.

I've still got the pen as backup though :thumbsup:

Hey quick question about the HR-15... do you think it would help or be detrimental to add calmag and/or foliar mix to the tank? Was thinking it might be a nice way to add feed atmospherically?

Back