When I was growing plants for a retail greenhouse, my boss never buried the seeds. He taught me to sprinkle on the surface and cover with a light layer of fine vermiculite. It worked like a charm for a plethora of different seeds, we just had to mist to water or the seeds washed away.
I do that now with everything including my cannabis, make a hole in rockwool, Rapid Rooters what have you and cover seed with fine vermiculite. Love it!

When I was growing plants for a retail greenhouse, my boss never buried the seeds. He taught me to sprinkle on the surface and cover with a light layer of fine vermiculite. It worked like a charm for a plethora of different seeds, we just had to mist to water or the seeds washed away.
I do that now with everything including my cannabis, make a hole in rockwool, Rapid Rooters what have you and cover seed with fine vermiculite. Love it!
great tip now you mention it my freinds dad used to always plant his cress like that straight on top with a light sprinkling of medium when they sprout

The new light!​

These Quantum boards were build by @L0wbob2017 with Meanwell drivers to single QB's and I can say it's a complete different light and REAL full spectrum!

Before the Viparspectra was hanging at 75 cm with QB's I had to left back to 100 cm that powerfully they are to stay at 5-6000 lux and I really don't want to grill me babies, look yourself...
View attachment 997937
View attachment 997436
View attachment 997437
View attachment 997438
View attachment 997439
View attachment 997440

Very cool piece of kit and a valuable addition to your grow zone :pass:

All the best

Mark..

Update 2/3
Bags
As this is new to the Dinafem section i'll do a bit more detailed, last run i've grown in 15 liter/4 gal grow bags, not satisfied so back to 20 liter/5 gal as always in the past and this time i choosed the Growmates...
View attachment 999973
View attachment 999974

filling up a bit with washed pebbles....
View attachment 999976

then perlites, nothing new till now...
View attachment 999975

Did a little research and wanted to give the fungi a better evironment and surface for the mycelial as we have 9 tribes of Endomykorrhyza, 7 tribes Ektomykorrhiza and 2 tribes Trichoderma in it, so this is new, next step me added some hay...
View attachment 999978

then a bit of wood chips...
View attachment 999979

to it some fresh and old bush leaves...
View attachment 999980

and also some fresh bush branches, old tree branches and some rosehip...
View attachment 999981
View attachment 999982

Pretty curious if it works:shrug:

Very cool and nice to see more growers such as yourself going down a more organic route :pass:

Yes, bottled feed is easy but if you want quality organics is the only way to go. Cleaner end product , More flavour and better on the environment :bong:

Very cool indeed :thumbsup:

All the best

Mark..

Yeah, really wondering, because me kept it always moist....:dammit:

I think it will make an appearance mate :pass:

Apart from the clover not showing everything else looks perfect. Very detailed grow by a very talented grower :thumbsup:

@TheMongol Keep up the great work my friend and thank you for the continued updates :pass:

All the best

Mark..

Very cool and nice to see more growers such as yourself going down a more organic route :pass:

Yes, bottled feed is easy but if you want quality organics is the only way to go. Cleaner end product , More flavour and better on the environment :bong:

Very cool indeed :thumbsup:

All the best

Mark..
Indeed! As you mentioned end product far better in taste, smell, toke and even High for me lasts longer and is deeper. And thanks Mark, mucho appreciate!:pass:

Last edited:
I'll try it! I've always put 'em about a 1/2 inch in and cover. I've had 100% success that way but I am trying rockwool and hydroponics so I was looking at germinating in a plug or paper towel method, trying both, but I like your method, thanks. Peace

That's what I was taught by my Ag Teacher in HS...

@TheMongol Really nice looking buddy. I started testing the optic foilar products last year. I used the ATAK RTU on my BD this winter preventive 2x.

Back