Did some medical MJ math...ummm wow!

honestly fellas...i have always been opposed to legalization....and now i know why!! Government controlled grass will be just as sad as government controlled boooze and tobacco. Nothing like spending $60 on 24 beer when they should cost $25, or $15 on a pack of cigs when they should be $3. Or $20 a gram of weed when it should be $5, or $150 on a clone when it should be $10.

honestly fellas...i have always been opposed to legalization....and now i know why!! Government controlled grass will be just as sad as government controlled boooze and tobacco. Nothing like spending $60 on 24 beer when they should cost $25, or $15 on a pack of cigs when they should be $3. Or $20 a gram of weed when it should be $5, or $150 on a clone when it should be $10.
Capitalism at its finest.....:nono:

The further you go down the rabbit hole the deeper it gets....it was early last year....i did some research on some of these commercial grow companies...at that time there was something like 30-35 approved....around 1/4 were pharmaceutical, 1/4 were movie/music star owned, and one quarter were owned by people with known ties to political figures. Oh sure anyone with 10 million dollars(money it would take to build the building and set up the grow) can apply for a cannabis grow license, but who are they actually giving the permits to? Hmmm i wonder.....
The government thinks we are all stupid fellas.

As for the laws with the numbers of plants limitations ect....just who do you think is making the rules?? I read that bedrocan was playing a part in the framework for the medical and and rec rules....wtf? Should a commercial company be involved in making rules...they sure as hell should not be making final decisions on plant numbers and size, i mean 1 meter tall max with a 4 plant per household limit would make it virtually impossible for a family of 4 to be able to sustain themselves following the rules. And how the hell are you supposed to grow a controlled 1 meter max plant anyways?

Hmm looked a bit deeper....seems there is still only 43 approved LP's. Only 5 of them have clone(4) or seed options(1). Seeds are 10 strains and from 35-55 for a 3 pack. Not bad prices, assuming its ultra quality, grow squat and will do well outdoors....LOL
Clones are from $20 each(now thats more like it!!) to $750 for 5...hahahahahahahahahahahaha

PUlled this from lift website

Tweed Inc. will be announcing today that they will begin selling seeds to approved patients in early March.

The Canadian medical cannabis grower currently says they will have 10 different strains listed soon on their website, with prices ranging from $30-$55 for a pack of three seeds.

Karolyn, Karolyn CBD, Humber Valley Kush, TWD Haze [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], TWD diesel, TWD Haze [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], Auto Borfolk (auto Bubba Kush), Norfolk CBD (Bubba Kush CBD), Hinterland, and TWD Cheese are all currently listed on the website, with other options expected in the future.

Tweed is also providing a $25 coupon good for any strain with a purchase of seeds. Patients approved to grow their own, once registered with an LP, can also purchase dried cannabis and cannabis oil for an interim period while waiting for crops to mature.

Kevin Furet, Tweed’s master grower and and an award winning breeder, says he has traveled the world to find unique genetics for Tweed.

“I knew I was building a collection, so a part of it came down to diversity, that’s why you see some auto flower options, some high CBD, some sativas and indicas,” Furet told Lift. The Humber Valley Kush is one of his favourites, he says, as he bred it himself.

“I was aiming for quality and diversity in this collection,” said Furet in a company press release. “Medical cannabis patients have diverse needs so I wanted to have a collection that matched that diversity. I see ten options as a starting point that we can build on with our own cross breeding.”

Although the Tweed team is being tight lipped about where they sourced the seeds, Jordan Sinclair, Director of Communications for Tweed says “connoisseurs might be able to figure it out.” Sinclair also says more genetics are expected soon, including some collaborations with the DNA Genetics team. Sinclair says Tweed is not currently looking at providing clones, but will be expanding their HomeGrow seed production.

All the seeds currently available from Tweed have been sourced from outside of Canada, but the company is also working on seed production in their Smith Falls facility.

Tweed says that the same seeds sold through their HomeGrow collection will be grown out in their new breeding facility to produce proprietary genetics that can be sold as seed or as finished products, and will allow Tweed to crossbreed existing genetics for all registered customers, including home growers.

Tweed is the second licensed producer to offer seeds. CannTrust is listed as providing seeds on Health Canada’s website, although nothing is available on the company’s own website yet.

Four producers currently sell clones. They are Whistler Medical Marijuana Company, Canna Farms, THC BioMed, and MariCann. Prices range from about $20 each (plus shipping and handling at THC Biomed) to $750 for 5 clones at Whistler Medical (each clone after 5 is $20 at WMMC).

Authorized patients who wish to grow their own cannabis must apply through Health Canada and then register with a licensed producer. As of Feb. 9, Health Canada says there were 2,554 individuals allowed to grow their own cannabis or to designate someone to do so, with average processing time being about seven weeks. While wait times in the first weeks of the new program, introduced last August, were only a few weeks, many patients are currently reporting a wait of 10 or more weeks.

"Although the Tweed team is being tight lipped about where they sourced the seeds, Jordan Sinclair, Director of Communications for Tweed says “connoisseurs might be able to figure it out.” Sinclair also says more genetics are expected soon, including some collaborations with the DNA Genetics team. Sinclair says Tweed is not currently looking at providing clones, but will be expanding their HomeGrow seed production.

All the seeds currently available from Tweed have been sourced from outside of Canada, but the company is also working on seed production in their Smith Falls facility."

Okay then!! LOL Nice to see at least they are admitting to using a commercial breeder in the future.

Health Canada actual wait times to get a home grow license is around 6 months. WTF? These idiots need to get taken to court again and stop dicking people around.

Back