Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

Ok another question...how often do you change the rez? Is there a rough schedule to follow for that?

I do mine once every week. Size of the reservoir and how many plants in it also affects the need some. Mine is 21 litres usually and with one to two plants that works up to a week. Some others may have one plant on 40 litres tank for two weeks.

More volume in the reservoir, usually more stable it is. Therefore, less frequent change is needed. I'd recommend once a week.

Mine is a 5gallon bucket with one plant. I'll try for weekly but as long as everything is ok then would 10-14 days be too much?

For first month you are going to get away with it just fine I am sure but after that, if all goes as it should, you going to want to change the nutes every week as she is going to suck in all the water super fast. I remember at the peak generative period my AutoUltimates could suck in around 5 litres a day so I had to add another bucket with same nutrient blend to even maintain the reservoir level every now and then. But you can try to just top up the reservoir and do complete change every two weeks if that suits you. It might work for you just fine and save you a little bit of juice.

For first month you are going to get away with it just fine I am sure but after that, if all goes as it should, you going to want to change the nutes every week as she is going to suck in all the water super fast. I remember at the peak generative period my AutoUltimates could suck in around 5 litres a day so I had to add another bucket with same nutrient blend to even maintain the reservoir level every now and then. But you can try to just top up the reservoir and do complete change every two weeks if that suits you. It might work for you just fine and save you a little bit of juice.

My thoughts exactly, My AutoXtremes were drinking almost 3 gallons a day at the end it was ridiculous the amount of water they can drink in a DWC system. Especially when provided all of the other environmental variables are in line, light, nutes, temp etc.

That is kinda of what my whole theory on growing Cannabis is based on. That if you give the plant everything it needs to grow if you ramp that up the growth seems to be exponential. This being especially true with Autoflowering Cannabis because it is not regulated by photoperiod. My AutoX grow was done from start to finish under 24/0 and I basically theorized that if you "Give her all shes got"(in my best Scottie from Star Trek voice) with all environmental variables that the only limitations are the genes. Since I have only really ever grown Dutch Passion genetics I don't think I have reached what an Autoflower can do as far as yield is concerned.

So as long as you give her as much as she can handle with all your environmental variables she will get huge. Also one of the main things I have learned is that it is virtually impossible to have too much Air in the root zone. I got told a long time ago by an OG grower that Cannabis loves almost above all else air to their roots. That is why soil bound folks are using Airpots and the like now a days lol But you are doing a hell of a job so far and I think you sir will be rewarded greatly by just doing 1 plant. I have a feeling that you will be hooked if you aren't already that DWC is the most superior growing method there is when it comes to bringing out the full potential of and Autoflowering Cannabis plant. Keep up the good work and Happy Grow Vibes bein sent your way!

Did rez change last night. Seems to be doing really nice since then. A few strings hanging down into the water so that's a good sign. Hopefully she takes off before long but I've noticed these are a little slower to start but once they go they go BIG!! Probably no photo updates until Sunday as I am usually not home on weekends but it's all good.

So after the res change Friday night she seems to be doing pretty good. Pretty good growth since then - probably doubled In size. No issues so far. Several nice long roots hanging into the bucket so I think she's getting ready to really take off. Based on other grows I've seen I think she's doing just fine.
Image1460945664.010272.jpg
Image1460945673.694410.jpg

Back