Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

Alright so @dcat0921 I am goin to tell you the same thing I told @jtrain252 lol GET MORE AIR!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to go back and look to see what kind of air pump you are using but based on the amount of bubbles I see in there I can almost assure you they can handle and will absolutely EXPLODE if you get some more o2 to those roots. They are big enough now that they can handle a lot of movement and they love the air sooooo much. Again here is a picture of my root mass a couple of weeks before harvest, I wish I had another shot of them around when yours is but I couldn't find one. If you notice the big ole dreadlock lookin roots those are the ones that will take all you can give them.

So I don't have to go back and reread(I probably will anyway lol) what kind of air pump are you using, as in how many litres of air per minute or LPM's is it. They are lookin good though for sure. They might be a little N def though because they look a little paleish green, but that could just be the picture.

Again though it cannot be overstated how important lots of air to the roots are and it is the basis for growing cannabis the way I do. Keep up the good work!!!

Attachments

• 223927-e51cdc949f059f3915468c540381187a.jpg
    223927-e51cdc949f059f3915468c540381187a.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 90
Here are some new pics from tonight. I hope she fills out with buds as much as I hope she does based on her size so far. Roots starting to really take off. Dark roots due to some nutes I'm giving - not due to rot. So far I'm digging this DWC..may add another down the road...View attachment 559127View attachment 559128View attachment 559129

Yeah after looking at these pics from yesterday I would say you need to up your nitrogen, when they are pale like that it usually means they need more N. But not a big deal by any means

Oh and you said feel free to chime in and help at the beginning of the thread lol :)

just add more of your grow solution, I know you are using TaNgs feeding schedule so I will have to go look at what he says you should be at at this stage. But the simplest answer is add a little bit more of whatever nute solution you have that has a higher N content than the others. I don't know what nutes you are using(or I can't remember if you said at the beginning of the thread or not) but the one that has the higher 1st number like 8-4-4 or whatever you use for veg.

But again I would address your o2 situation and get it taken care of asap, unless you have 100LPM pump and just have it turned down there aren't enough bubbles in that there bucket. I harp on it so much because as I told @jtrain252 in my opinion that is the single most important thing you can do for your DWC overall yield, is by pumping as much o2 into the rootzone as possible. Heck I even took one of my air hoses and stuck it directly into my rapid rooter when they were just babies and voila roots came out like crazy. Anyway I digress.

But yeah just SLOWLY up your grow nutes until you start seeing them turn back a nice dark green, again though slower is better. One thing about DWC is that it is much less forgiving if you make a mistake, with soil it takes things longer to happen but with DWC you will know what your problem is but on the same token you can fix it pretty quickly assuming you identify the problem correctly.

Back