Day 39.. first time growing autoflowers.. when do they flower?

I pulled up a grow journal for someone else doing my strain. They didn't get frosty tips til like week 8 or so.. and he didn't harvest until week 16.. so I think this strain might just take a bit more time.

In 20 years of perpetual auto growing in several locations, I've never seen an auto not flower but I've seen some that took a lil longer, maybe herm and shit like that.
I'm a a bit different but After 3 weeks veg under 24/0, every plant is moved to a 12/12 flower tent. No problem with flowering of course. LOTS AND LOTS less hassle...don't miss a gram in yeild when harvests are perpetual too.

In 20 years of perpetual auto growing in several locations, I've never seen an auto not flower but I've seen some that took a lil longer, maybe herm and shit like that.
I'm a a bit different but After 3 weeks veg under 24/0, every plant is moved to a 12/12 flower tent. No problem with flowering of course. LOTS AND LOTS less hassle...don't miss a gram in yeild when harvests are perpetual too.
I was told not to do autos under 12/12 cause smaller yields. I thought about switching mine from 20/4 to 12/12 to make flower, but was told autos will flower when they want. Not cause I switch lights. 12/12works out well for you?

Plants look they are in pre-flower mode to me. My current run in my smaller tent one went to preflower around day 20-ish and the other one is at day 27 today and still hasn't hit preflower yet. Different strains, but every plant can be different.

I just run 18/6 the entire time. YMMV.

Plants look they are in pre-flower mode to me. My current run in my smaller tent one went to preflower around day 20-ish and the other one is at day 27 today and still hasn't hit preflower yet. Different strains, but every plant can be different.

I just run 18/6 the entire time. YMMV.
Do you use nutrients? I have tiger bloom. I dont know when to use it do

Looks like you've got a long flowering strain,
or its not an auto,
but looks like your in preflower now so might be finished in over 90 days,
What strain is it and was it s XXL strain.

Do you use nutrients? I have tiger bloom. I dont know when to use it do

I do use nutes. I do not switch to Bloom nutrients until the flowers form into little cotton balls. I keep them on veg nutes until that point. If you go to my current grow journal that is linked below in my signature, go to the very last post in that journal (the journal is long), and I just posted a photo of a plant going into flower, that I am about to switch to bloom nutrients. Other photos in there from the previous grow that show about when I switch to B as well. But the very last post I made in there earlier will for sure give you an idea if you don't feel like reading 40+ pages of posts.

Last edited:
Looks like you've got a long flowering strain,
or its not an auto,
but looks like your in preflower now so might be finished in over 90 days,
What strain is it and was it s XXL strain.
I got from ilgm and its suppose to be a auto for the lsd strain. I tried lst on it. I think I did ok for the first time. I was only able to bend them twice tho. I dont know about the XXL strain. This is my first time. Dont really know what to expect lol

I do use nutes. I do not switch to Bloom nutrients until the flowers form into little cotton balls. I keep them on veg nutes until that point. If you go to my current grow journal that is linked below in my signature, go to the very last post in that journal (the journal is long), and I just posted a photo of a plant going into flower, that I am about to switch to bloom nutrients. Other photos in there from the previous grow that show about when I switch to B as well. But the very last post I made in there earlier will for sure give you an idea if you don't feel like reading 40+ pages of posts.
Thanks bro, I'll look at your journal. I was using some but they started to get nitrogen burn a week and half ago so I stopped. Scared to start back up again. Its been flushed and I dont wanna burn them again

I use coco so a little different. But the bloom logic and when to switch still applies. Good luck.

Back