Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

Thanks NiceOption. The environment is insanely easy — it’s a 5x10 and big enough to stay where you want it once you get it there. Even with the high humidity in the basement — I’ve got a monster dehumidifier running right outside the tent because I’m still drying out.

The challenge now is Lighting it all — and the electric bill. I’ll keep ya posted on that. The plan is 4 more COBs, but for now, I’ve dragged out the bigger blurple.
I can only begin to imagine... the electricity bill threw a real spanner in the works for me, although it was the push I needed to make an upgrade.

Everything looks great DG! That large tent must be nice to get into and be able to work around the plants. I get the electric bill, and I keep tripping the breaker in the room now. My other half wants to run a panel just for that room; he complained before about it but I think he understands there's no stopping this Monster :crying:
Looks like you are having fun with the veggies too, I'll be starting some this weekend for outdoors this year. It's an exciting time of the year :biggrin:

Everything looks great DG! That large tent must be nice to get into and be able to work around the plants. I get the electric bill, and I keep tripping the breaker in the room now. My other half wants to run a panel just for that room; he complained before about it but I think he understands there's no stopping this Monster :crying:
Looks like you are having fun with the veggies too, I'll be starting some this weekend for outdoors this year. It's an exciting time of the year :biggrin:
I might run some outdoors too, we’ll see I’ve got some other things I’d like to plant too. Spring has sprung!!!

Res change day for the biggest 4 girls — 3 of them are a week overdue. FML. :crying:

Don't ask me about res changes lol, I'm the worst for that. Since I've started running the beneficial tea I'm ever worse because I tell myself I'm disturbing the microorganisms building up in the roots :crying:
I have read that some people only clean the res every time they harvest, and others say they do it every week.

Don't ask me about res changes lol, I'm the worst for that. Since I've started running the beneficial tea I'm ever worse because I tell myself I'm disturbing the microorganisms building up in the roots :crying:
I have read that some people only clean the res every time they harvest, and others say they do it every week.
I used to do everything every week without fail. Since I upgraded the container size of the biggest battle plants, those days are gone. The 7.5 gallon bucket holds the plant and about 6 gallons of nutrient. My plan is to pump out and replace about 4.5 gallons in each container and that’s gonna have to do it for another 2 weeks. At this stage, they are getting a gallon and a half of fresh nutrient solution each every day — that has to count for something.

I too understand why the res change is necessary, but I’m also flirting with an organic component and I think if you build a dynamic system, well you should be able to experiment a bit. I’m tempted to throw a couple goldfish in there, maybe a worm or two, some worm castings and see wtf happens? Maybe we find out what takes that barrier down ... what says you @RivetGrrl @Boradan , @Mañ'O'Green , @Iriee Vibez , @EvilScotsman , @Waira @MedCzech — maybe we run a few well designed experiments? I’ll donate 2 plants to the cause when the battle girls harvest.

Oh! Almost forgot — keep an eye on these 2 Autoflower Portal testers — they are supposed to finish on day 50ish, they are at day 2 or 3 or something but here they were on day 1:
670E5432-BEC9-443E-BFAD-EE1A9E637159.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha! If I had a 5x10, for sure! I can't screw around and experiment too much with my 2x2 space, as I need to get it right each time. This is the same reason that I can't (or won't) test seeds.

I change my reservoir weekly, if at all possible, just to eliminate a possible concern, but I know it isn't required to have a good grow. I have seen them on here! I have had to go a couple weeks several times with no ill effects, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Haha! If I had a 5x10, for sure! I can't screw around and experiment too much with my 2x2 space, as I need to get it right each time. This is the same reason that I can't (or won't) test seeds.

I change my reservoir weekly, if at all possible, just to eliminate a possible concern, but I know it isn't required to have a good grow. I have seen them on here! I have had to go a couple weeks several times with no ill effects, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That’s OK, I value your feedback, be sure to weigh in when we get started!

I suppose I could mess around with the FB GSC, she’s due today ...

I used to do everything every week without fail. Since I upgraded the container size of the biggest battle plants, those days are gone. The 7.5 gallon bucket holds the plant and about 6 gallons of nutrient. My plan is to pump out and replace about 4.5 gallons in each container and that’s gonna have to do it for another 2 weeks. At this stage, they are getting a gallon and a half of fresh nutrient solution each every day — that has to count for something.

I too understand why the res change is necessary, but I’m also flirting with an organic component and I think if you build a dynamic system, well you should be able to experiment a bit. I’m tempted to throw a couple goldfish in there, maybe a worm or two, some worm castings and see wtf happens? Maybe we find out what takes that barrier down ... what says you @RivetGrrl @Boradan , @Mañ'O'Green , @Iriee Vibez , @EvilScotsman , @Waira @MedCzech — maybe we run a few well designed experiments? I’ll donate 2 plants to the cause when the battle girls harvest.

Oh! Almost forgot — keep an eye on these 2 Autoflower Portal testers — they are supposed to finish on day 50ish, they are at day 2 or 3 or something but here they were on day 1:
View attachment 1037360

I run poorly designed experiments all the time :crying:
I just killed another two seedlings. Of course some of the reason I'm pushing some things is so that when I get sponsored seeds I do NOT kill them (so please don't worry vendors or battle managers).
I generally am fine with growing as long as I stick to my proven methods, but I feel in order to become a better grower I need to push things from time to time to see what happens. Generally, what happens is not good :nono:
But as they say, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Anything well designed and documented would help others tho.

Right now I am very happy that the beneficial tea allows me to run the reservoirs at a higher temperature, I just have to keep adding the tea.

Back