Old Reviews DaVinci IQ

Does the Note 3 have bluethooth? if not, thats likely the source of the crash

So I played with the app sans the IQ..... It won't work unless you register and it instantly crashes without fail when entering settings..... On a Note 3 with android 5.0.....Perhaps this won't happen where there's actually an IQ present..... And perhaps I'll live to be 501 years old too.....

Aye, the Note 3 is getting a bit long in the tooth...... However it is indeed a blue tooth...... Lol

Doesn't matter though, I can't imagine a situation where I would want to connect my registered vaporizer to the Internet and broadcast how often, where and when it's thermalising a wee pinch of weed.....

@Spanglish I literally just got my IQ in the mail today, I also got a Nectar collector Honeybird combo to go with it, I have The Plenty,The Mighty, The FireFly 2 and now The Da Vinci IQ... I will always swear that The Plenty has the strongest vapor in terms of effects... but as far as taste,cool features,dense vapor and effect for a portable the IQ kicks the shit out of The FF2... The Mighty is hard to beat but the IQ in my opinion is just as good but in different ways... Check it out..
iq1.jpg iq2.jpg iq3.jpggroup.jpg

I have an older phone I no longer use. I've loaded apps like Netflix controler on it. Blocked its internet access at the router. Wireless controller that can't phone home! If I get the IQ thats how I'll do it. And only my cheaper vapes leave home with me, like my Focusvape Pro.

Aye, the Note 3 is getting a bit long in the tooth...... However it is indeed a blue tooth...... Lol

Doesn't matter though, I can't imagine a situation where I would want to connect my registered vaporizer to the Internet and broadcast how often, where and when it's thermalising a wee pinch of weed.....

@Spanglish I literally just got my IQ in the mail today, I also got a Nectar collector Honeybird combo to go with it, I have The Plenty,The Mighty, The FireFly 2 and now The Da Vinci IQ... I will always swear that The Plenty has the strongest vapor in terms of effects... but as far as taste,cool features,dense vapor and effect for a portable the IQ kicks the shit out of The FF2... The Mighty is hard to beat but the IQ in my opinion is just as good but in different ways... Check it out..
View attachment 743866 View attachment 743867 View attachment 743868View attachment 743896

Hey bro great to hear you are enjoying your IQ, by the sounds of it your FF2 might be gathering dust in a draw soon ;) Cool collection and pics, will be interesting to hear what your think about the glass in comparison to using the vape straight, as i have been eying them up for a while but wondering if its worth the cost as i am more than happy with how the IQ hits already.

4 months down the road and the unit is still going strong and touch wood have not had to deal with Davinci again yet. I have found a spare IQ pearl a great spacer for half loads, and spare top cap from the flavour chamber with the o-ring removed good for a 2/3 filled oven. The only main gripe i have had with my unit is very occasionally when powering on the unit it shuts down again after a flash of lights on the display, removing and putting the battery in solved it each time but this has only happened about 6 times since using it.

Also don't leave the battery in it when not using it for a long period of time, i left mine 2 weeks and when i went to power it on was not working so popped the battery into a external charger and refused to charge showing the battery had died by being fully drained below the safe threshold of 3V for the battery.

Changing the stock Sanyo NCR18650GA battery out for the LG HG2 has also seen a big drop in the amount of heat being given off by the unit when running on smart paths 3 or 4, which brings me to believe that the IQ runs pretty close to the Sanyo 10A limit and is putting lots less stress on the LGs 20A cells, with no noticeable difference on battery life even though the LGs capacity is 500Mah less than the Sanyo cell.

Here are a few long overdue pics thanks to a @Kakarot for reminding about this thread ;)

20170504_002825.jpg
20170504_002847.jpg
20170504_002902.jpg
20170504_002921.jpg
20170504_002959.jpg
20170504_003040.jpg
20170504_003058.jpg
20170504_003125.jpg
20170504_003139.jpg
20170504_003226.jpg
20170504_003256.jpg
20170504_010023.jpg

@Spanglish thank you for the tip about the battery, so far the only thing I don't really like is the APP, then again I hate the FF app to, but to Vinci's credit there app at least has the purpose of the Smart paths.. that is kick ass

@Spanglish thank you for the tip about the battery, so far the only thing I don't really like is the APP, then again I hate the FF app to, but to Vinci's credit there app at least has the purpose of the Smart paths.. that is kick ass

Not a problem bro, can never be to careful when it comes to 18650 and other types of lithium-ion batteries, me and the misses have both been using replaceable 18650 battery E-cig mods for a while now so made sure a while back i was clued on on how to use them safely after so many news stories about them exploding.

Have highlighted the main safety precautions to take below, the batteries themselves are not dangerous as per say but misuse can be, so better safe than sorry hey.

- Don't discharge cells below their safe rated voltage (in most cases 3v), using good quality external charger is the best way to safely charge these cells (Xtar and Nitecore are very respected brands)
- Don't overcharge the cells over their max rated voltage (in most cases 4.2v), see above note on external charger for safest way to charge these cell.
- Never carry cells loose in a pocket or bag if they end up bridging across any metallic items they can easily short and explode, made to size silicone and plastic holders are readily available for all sized batteries and are the safest way to transport them.
- Don't use batteries with split or damaged plastic wraps especially round the positive terminal and plastic insulator ring, as this could make unwanted contact to any metallic components inside your device and also cause a short in the battery with the risk of explosion.
- Dont push the cells over their maximum amperage rating (10A,15A,20A etc), Davinci don't seem to supply any info on the on the amperage pull on the IQ but as it is supplied with a 10A cell you would like to think this is safely above what the device is pulling, but for sure would not want to get any cells with under a 10A rating, with a higher amp cell you would put even less stress on the battery hence why mine runs cooler with the HG2, the trade off of having a higher amperage cell is less storage capacity (Mah), but as mentioned before with 20A and 500Mah less capacity battery life is only about 1/2 a session less than with the 10A 3500Mah stock Sanyo cell.
- Careful of fakes and 3rd party branded rewraps as there is lots out there and in nearly all cases the amperage and capacity are nowhere close to what they are sold as. About the only quality, trusted brands to go for are LG, Samsung, Sony and Sanyo/Panasonic cells, but these are still cloned on a major scale from China so you want a trusted retailer also, in Europe nkon.nl are a trusted and verified supplier as also are imrbatteries.com in the USA.

As for the App i have only used it about 7 or so times and i think i crashed on half of those, for me i dont really see the need for it as the pre-programmed smart paths work great for me, with 3 being the most used for me for daytime use and 4 for when i want to sleep, 1 and 2 give of some of the most amazing flavours i have ever tasted in weed but the buzz just dont do it for me after being used to smoking.

Last edited:
Not a problem bro, can never be to careful when it comes to 18650 and other types of lithium-ion batteries, me and the misses have both been using replaceable 18650 battery E-cig mods for a while now so made sure a while back i was clued on on how to use them safely after so many news stories about them exploding.

Have highlighted the main safety precautions to take below, the batteries themselves are not dangerous as per say but misuse can be, so better safe than sorry hey.

- Don't discharge cells below their safe rated voltage (in most cases 3v), using good quality external charger is the best way to safely charge these cells (Xtar and Nitecore are very respected brands)
- Don't overcharge the cells over their max rated voltage (in most cases 4.2v), see above note on external charger for safest way to charge these cell.
- Never carry cells loose in a pocket or bag if they end up bridging across any metallic items they can easily short and explode, made to size silicone and plastic holders are readily available for all sized batteries and are the safest way to transport them.
- Don't use batteries with split or damaged plastic wraps especially round the positive terminal and plastic insulator ring, as this could make unwanted contact to any metallic components inside your device and also cause a short in the battery with the risk of explosion.
- Dont push the cells over their maximum amperage rating (10A,15A,20A etc), Davinci don't seem to supply any info on the on the amperage pull on the IQ but as it is supplied with a 10A cell you would like to think this is safely above what the device is pulling, but for sure would not want to get any cells with under a 10A rating, with a higher amp cell you would put even less stress on the battery hence why mine runs cooler with the HG2, the trade off of having a higher amperage cell is less storage capacity (Mah), but as mentioned before with 20A and 500Mah less capacity battery life is only about 1/2 a session less than with the 10A 3500Mah stock Sanyo cell.
- Careful of fakes and 3rd party branded rewraps as there is lots out there and in nearly all cases the amperage and capacity are nowhere close to what they are sold as. About the only quality, trusted brands to go for are LG, Samsung, Sony and Sanyo/Panasonic cells, but these are still cloned on a major scale from China so you want a trusted retailer also, in Europe nkon.nl are a trusted and verified supplier as also are imrbatteries.com in the USA.

As for the App i have only used it about 7 or so times and i think i crashed on half of those, for me i dont really see the need for it as the pre-programmed smart paths work great for me, with 3 being the most used for me for daytime use and 4 for when i want to sleep, 1 and 2 give of some of the most amazing flavours i have ever tasted in weed but the buzz just dont do it for me after being used to smoking.
Cool, man... also smart path 1... its 351 to 370 with a nug in the flavor chamber... OMG man it is the best tasting vapor and thick ass clouds.. I really do love the IQ it ranks up there with the Mighty, not quite as potent but on every other level it is badass.

And for anyone who can't quite spend that much, the DaVinci Ascent is also a damn fine vape! The IQ's big brother I'd say! I'd buy either of these vapes before any other out there!

Cool, man... also smart path 1... its 351 to 370 with a nug in the flavor chamber... OMG man it is the best tasting vapor and thick ass clouds.. I really do love the IQ it ranks up there with the Mighty, not quite as potent but on every other level it is badass.

Not tried with anything in the chamber yet, but gonna have a nice variety after harvest so might be time for a play ;) Managed to drop and break a chamber already though lol survived a good few falls but split in half eventually, definitely 100x tougher than glass though but not quite unbreakable.

Back