Old Reviews DaVinci IQ

So, what kind of wait are people seeing on average between placing their order for a Davinci IQ and having the unit actually shipped to them?

Well i ordered on the 10th was updated yesterday to awaiting shipping and that was going though the manual verification process for international credit card orders.

Last time i spoke to Andrew in the customer support team in the verification process he mentioned that all previous backorders where just about shipped and all new order made after should start moving out by Fri this week and at the latest throughout the next week or so to come.

Think i am just about to start a bit of argy bargy with DaVinci on Twitter, they were already contact by private email over 2 and a half hours ago and without reply to some info i have come across from a DaVinci sales rep and one of my Twitter followers about a quality control issues in a large amount of units in the first shipments and good for the QC team for rejecting this large amount of faulty units and returning them (hopefully). Not so hot on communication and transparency in such a competitive market.

Done enough talking so here is the quote of my full contact with DiVinci that is still coming up unreplied when replies come fast and enough when ordering, and a copy of the original contact alerting me off the issue (his and my names removed for privacy off all)

Hi Andrew,

I have a reasonable standing on Twitter and have been discussing your amazing upcoming IQ, i have just found out from one of my followers by an email he forwarded to me (from him to you) that there is a delay due to the QC standards in some units; as an online trader myself I understand it is unavoidable sometimes, and can set back a very tight schedule that can annoy customers, but it happens and how it is dealt with is what truly matters to the company's reputation and its customers.

I would have preferred to be contacted directly by DaVinci about this as soon as the problem was noticed, instead of through a second party that probably would not have known if he/she did not contact you first.

I have no problem waiting for a unit that passes QC and I am actually impressed with the tight QC levels you operate with; transparency and communication are a completely different matter. I am in no rush for the unit and, as mentioned before, it is for a comparison review. I have enough on and have other things to publish so I don't mind putting the review off for a while, and would rather give my user base a true review based on an unit that has passed your rigorous QC testing, anyway.

Thank you for your time and I hope you get this glitch sorted out soon with full damage control since I do love and do respect the DiVinci name.

All the best and have a great day.
cleardot.gif
dvtruth.png

I just took the plunge and ordered one. Can't wait to get it! The reviews looked awesome

I just took the plunge and ordered one. Can't wait to get it! The reviews looked awesome

Some big quality control and stock problems apparently after having to return a bulk of all the units, and even though all through knowing and even still now advertise "Depending on your place in queue, IQ Units are being shipped daily in the order they were received." when that has not been the case, and of the very few units that people have received apart from the freebies sent to reviewers already complaints of getting overly hot and some strange noises.

Info has started to break over social media and a certain forum, and after a brief message of damage control they seem to have returned to silence, cant post the links here as i am sure is against the forum rules @arty zan ? but if you want more info can PM it to you but don't look to good for the time being.

I called them today to see if they could tell me when they thought my unit would ship. What a mess. Their support line is totally fucked. It kept kicking me back to the main menu after putting me on hold waiting for a rep. After 12 minutes of this nonsense, I hung up and called back and tried each of the other options from the main menu. I finally reached a live person after a few minutes of this nonsense.

She told me they don't get a shipment of units until Nov. 28, a week from now. I doubt that means mine will ship as they'll probably be filling the backlog. They really fucked up this launch.

Some big quality control and stock problems apparently after having to return a bulk of all the units, and even though all through knowing and even still now advertise "Depending on your place in queue, IQ Units are being shipped daily in the order they were received." when that has not been the case, and of the very few units that people have received apart from the freebies sent to reviewers already complaints of getting overly hot and some strange noises.

Info has started to break over social media and a certain forum, and after a brief message of damage control they seem to have returned to silence, cant post the links here as i am sure is against the forum rules @arty zan ? but if you want more info can PM it to you but don't look to good for the time being.
Looks like a nice vape, it's a shame about QC issues.
Your spot on Spanglish, no links to other canna sites, what you say in PM is up to you.
The single most frequent problem I have encountered with buying portable vapes is it is often the heat sensor which causes most problems.
It of course could be something else but a faulty heat sensor can play havoc with the micro processor or over heat the vape.
I hope they sort this problem as it looks like a lot of effort has gone in to the design.
My grasshopper had a faulty sensor after a month of owning it, it got a replacement body in a few days and has worked great ever since.
It also has a lifetime warranty, so if it does go funny again i'll get a replacement pretty quick!
I got my fingers crossed for the both of you and hope that all the issues they are having will be resolved soon and you get your vapes!
I also look forward to your reviews when you get them.
That reminds me I must review my grasshopper and I have to do my firefly too.

I called them today to see if they could tell me when they thought my unit would ship. What a mess. Their support line is totally fucked. It kept kicking me back to the main menu after putting me on hold waiting for a rep. After 12 minutes of this nonsense, I hung up and called back and tried each of the other options from the main menu. I finally reached a live person after a few minutes of this nonsense.

She told me they don't get a shipment of units until Nov. 28, a week from now. I doubt that means mine will ship as they'll probably be filling the backlog. They really fucked up this launch.

As said before there is more and more evidence of as you rightly say a major fuck up, not just the launch though the whole company Davinci (Organicix, LLC) maybe would not even survive something i have growing evidence is a VERY widespread case and this is the tip of the ice burg, not sure on the law in their jurisdiction Nevada, Texas but under some consumer law that vary by municipality worldwide, the claim "Depending on your place in queue, IQ Units are being shipped daily in the order they were received." which i am sure influenced your order as it did mine, is illegal and regarded as false advertising in some places, and a class action law suit of any kind will destroy the company financially as well as a reputation gained by years of great products, but gonna be up to them now if they stay quiet and spill off damage control BS, or it means enough to then to be honest and fix the situation in a way that works for all, basic business my dear Watson lol (well you gotta laugh or will feckin cry)

Looks like a nice vape, it's a shame about QC issues.
Your spot on Spanglish, no links to other canna sites, what you say in PM is up to you.
The single most frequent problem I have encountered with buying portable vapes is it is often the heat sensor which causes most problems.
It of course could be something else but a faulty heat sensor can play havoc with the micro processor or over heat the vape.
I hope they sort this problem as it looks like a lot of effort has gone in to the design.
My grasshopper had a faulty sensor after a month of owning it, it got a replacement body in a few days and has worked great ever since.
It also has a lifetime warranty, so if it does go funny again i'll get a replacement pretty quick!
I got my fingers crossed for the both of you and hope that all the issues they are having will be resolved soon and you get your vapes!
I also look forward to your reviews when you get them.
That reminds me I must review my grasshopper and I have to do my firefly too.

Not sure what the issue is but mounting evidence of it been a large scale problem, hopefully not on the level of all production models but think it might be close, my ear is firmly to the ground on this one.

Not sure what the issue is but mounting evidence of it been a large scale problem, hopefully not on the level of all production models but think it might be close, my ear is firmly to the ground on this one.
Keep us posted brother, your our eyes and ears on this !

Back