Outdoor Daledays Spannabis 2019

:doh: damn aphids! Not many like buds, but some species do and can ruin things in a hurry with their filth and debris,... key is to spot them early before the start reproducing... easy kills, even a mild castille soap solution will work, then a rinse,.. if there are relatively few, kill by hand... cut away really infested stuff, too much crap by then! You'll see adult, larvae and molt castings (white stuff)... Look up bud washing as well... I've done this for outdoor before, using RO water, and just the lemon juice+baking soda dunk followed by clear water.....
Spotted these things plenty of times on fan leaves and just killed them off, wiped them off etc. But the way theres so many on a single tiny leaf on a bud really freaked me lol! I chopped one plant they were on so obviously trimmed it down a whole lot, and on the plant still out i trimmed away anything i could see with them on.

Ive looked into bud washing quite a lot, i love the idea of washing them before smoking seems so much cleaner to me but still very undecided on what the best thing to do is... how was your experience with bud washing would you actually recommend it? Cheers mate

Couple blue diesel pics, chop time once the soil dries out again!!
b1f6c9aac9e2e2434e4469f4208c92d9.jpg
21c1a59cd63fb1a1c778c945ca519304.jpg

The last 2 blue diesels are now chopped trimmed and drying out so that marks the end of all the blue diesels! Very fast growers, finished vegging in a month and most finished flowering in a month too, the last couple had an extra week or two. Not many branches on any of them, however most had a shitload of bud and massive top colas! The topped one was completely purple, and the others had a purple tone to the buds. All smelt very fruity/citrusy and had a lovely flavour to smoking them!

Both afghans are still out, will be chopping them over the next few days too. I thought at first theyd be going for a while but when i looked through the loupe i see a nice mix of amber and cloudy so they seem good to go. The XXL has budded out absolutely lovely. Has a gorgeous smell to it. The standard afghan was a free seed, and although its grown pretty well the buds dont look very appealing!

My dads been growing another standard afghan the same as this one in a smaller pot and we chopped and trimmed this today aswell, so the pic will be my 2 blue diesels hanging to dry with my dads afghan in the middle.
dfd0f30abef272812be3a025a09d190d.jpg

Spotted these things plenty of times on fan leaves and just killed them off, wiped them off etc. But the way theres so many on a single tiny leaf on a bud really freaked me lol! I chopped one plant they were on so obviously trimmed it down a whole lot, and on the plant still out i trimmed away anything i could see with them on.

Ive looked into bud washing quite a lot, i love the idea of washing them before smoking seems so much cleaner to me but still very undecided on what the best thing to do is... how was your experience with bud washing would you actually recommend it? Cheers mate
Bud washing worked nicely for me, but i don't do it on all of them, partly for practical reasons... but the plants that had more crap on the fans (dust/dirt), I did rinse as a precaution and a test... I didn't use hot water (dumb idea frankly!), but lukewarm... remove all the bigger fans, and I cut branches down to under a foot long; I dunked and twirled the branch fairly gently, don't want a lot of trich-busting sheering force applied; the removing of the excess/trapped water is the trick; after first dunk and final, I let it drip drain for a few seconds, then I tested using centrifical force to shed the water off by holding at the base, and swinging my arm in an arc, not starting or stopping suddenly (again, limiting bending and sheering force)... dial this in, and the water gets thrown off with little damage to trich's... now, stuff that's really stuck to trich's (like a bug, or a weed seed) may not come free, but a significant amount of debris was left behind in the rinse water that I saw....

:bravo: harvests look damn nice mate! You and your Dad did well on that patio- :d5:... nice chunky buds, height stayed just right.... I'd seriously look into some training techniques, like a mini-scrog type method... lots of good examples here, just saw some fine work by Equatorial here, ... Ribbzzy, ditto... this will flatten out the canopy, lateral buds become little colas instead on just nugg's... more stealthy and better yield! :greenthumb:

Bud washing worked nicely for me, but i don't do it on all of them, partly for practical reasons... but the plants that had more crap on the fans (dust/dirt), I did rinse as a precaution and a test... I didn't use hot water (dumb idea frankly!), but lukewarm... remove all the bigger fans, and I cut branches down to under a foot long; I dunked and twirled the branch fairly gently, don't want a lot of trich-busting sheering force applied; the removing of the excess/trapped water is the trick; after first dunk and final, I let it drip drain for a few seconds, then I tested using centrifical force to shed the water off by holding at the base, and swinging my arm in an arc, not starting or stopping suddenly (again, limiting bending and sheering force)... dial this in, and the water gets thrown off with little damage to trich's... now, stuff that's really stuck to trich's (like a bug, or a weed seed) may not come free, but a significant amount of debris was left behind in the rinse water that I saw....

:bravo: harvests look damn nice mate! You and your Dad did well on that patio- :d5:... nice chunky buds, height stayed just right.... I'd seriously look into some training techniques, like a mini-scrog type method... lots of good examples here, just saw some fine work by Equatorial here, ... Ribbzzy, ditto... this will flatten out the canopy, lateral buds become little colas instead on just nugg's... more stealthy and better yield! :greenthumb:
Ill do some more looking into bud washing in time for the next grow! Definitely interests me and i like the idea! I can imagine you holding o to the branch and just helicoptering the fuck out of it lmaooo :crying:

Mate after seeing those pictures from equatorial im in! I topped one plant just to see how it actually changed the growth, and i can definitely see if done properly with training how it changes completely! Most of the stuff ive read about training is pretty generic though so im gonna dig around for some good step by steps!

Daleday ! mate they are looking great, nice and frosty and some thick buds there :pass::d5:

Back