Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of using an autopot system my next grow. Just one though I don’t wanna risk fucking up a bunch of beans learning a new system. So I’ll do one in a regular pot with the same methods I’m using now except I’m going to add a little more to my soil medium and another in an autopot.

Widowbomb is an awesome toke!! Looks and smokes excellent for less than 6 hours of sun by harvest!! Nice yield too for such limited light
IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

Thought this was an interesting read..Not my info, found it on another site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the last several years I have put a lot of study into this, and I feel that I can now define the proper way to water a potted plant.
First rule is to always water slowly, using no more than a quart at a time, pausing to let the soil suck air in behind the water as it pools on the top. For me, that involves a routine of watering each of my plants with the 1 quart, then taking a nice relaxing drink of whatever beverage I have brought with me to the tent, then I take a nice big hit off of the pipe that also followed me in there, and then after a nice pause, I go back to plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and repeat the cycle. For 2 rounds, I water the entire surface of the soil, watching it pool up and get sucked down.
After this initial wetting of the top, my watering method changes. Now, I want to do whatever I can to make the outside edges of the pot the wettest areas. I now carefully water only there, all around the plant, only on the edges. While doing this, I slow down a bit so that the water doesn’t pool as much in the center, always concentrating on the edges. The center will end up getting some too, and that’s fine, but the wettest areas of the pot will be on the outside edges and you will be driving nutrient rich soil into the dense original root ball. Continue this, again going slow, and taking drinks and hits in between each round. Continue until you see the first signs of runoff, and then stop.

Look carefully at the surface of your container now. You will clearly see where the root ball is from your last transplant, because it will now be sticking up just a little bit above the outer rim.

Take ½ the amount of water you have been using, about a pint, and now water very slowly, just in the raised area where the original root ball is. As you do so, look what happens at the outer edge of the original root ball.

You will see the very finest soil, almost a mud, migrating out of the old root ball, and into the middle! This is the natural process of soil migration in a container. In this manner, all the roots get to take advantage of the nutrients in the soil, and the roots follow the migration of the nutrient rich soil, toward the outer edges where it does the most good. Watering in the manner I have described allows for a constant flow of soil throughout the container and will create an extremely dense root ball.

image.jpg
Thought this was an interesting read..Not my info, found it on another site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the last several years I have put a lot of study into this, and I feel that I can now define the proper way to water a potted plant.
First rule is to always water slowly, using no more than a quart at a time, pausing to let the soil suck air in behind the water as it pools on the top. For me, that involves a routine of watering each of my plants with the 1 quart, then taking a nice relaxing drink of whatever beverage I have brought with me to the tent, then I take a nice big hit off of the pipe that also followed me in there, and then after a nice pause, I go back to plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and repeat the cycle. For 2 rounds, I water the entire surface of the soil, watching it pool up and get sucked down.
After this initial wetting of the top, my watering method changes. Now, I want to do whatever I can to make the outside edges of the pot the wettest areas. I now carefully water only there, all around the plant, only on the edges. While doing this, I slow down a bit so that the water doesn’t pool as much in the center, always concentrating on the edges. The center will end up getting some too, and that’s fine, but the wettest areas of the pot will be on the outside edges and you will be driving nutrient rich soil into the dense original root ball. Continue this, again going slow, and taking drinks and hits in between each round. Continue until you see the first signs of runoff, and then stop.

Look carefully at the surface of your container now. You will clearly see where the root ball is from your last transplant, because it will now be sticking up just a little bit above the outer rim.

Take ½ the amount of water you have been using, about a pint, and now water very slowly, just in the raised area where the original root ball is. As you do so, look what happens at the outer edge of the original root ball.

You will see the very finest soil, almost a mud, migrating out of the old root ball, and into the middle! This is the natural process of soil migration in a container. In this manner, all the roots get to take advantage of the nutrients in the soil, and the roots follow the migration of the nutrient rich soil, toward the outer edges where it does the most good. Watering in the manner I have described allows for a constant flow of soil throughout the container and will create an extremely dense root ball.
Wet dry technique I’m gonna start using this method next watering. Miss Shirley starts nutes in a couple of weeks so it’ll be interesting how well this method was works with nute feeding. Doing that to her will tell me if that’s how I’ll wanna feed Britney. She’s kind of been my lab rat and been doing very well with everything she’s been through from the excessive stretch to the lst, she’s been very resilient!

She's moving right along..I water in soil every 6 days..I use the method to water I posted above and let her air out..My water is oxygenated and using fabric pots..Gives them that nice balance..Not being suffocated by water yet not drying out to the point of wilting.

She's moving right along..I water in soil every 6 days..I use the method to water I posted above and let her air out..My water is oxygenated and using fabric pots..Gives them that nice balance..Not being suffocated by water yet not drying out to the point of wilting.
She sure is trying she’s had me worried in the beginning but she’s starting to give me hope!

I am reading about humidity control as it is really humid time of the year here and I see people claiming that cat litter can absorb moisture well in rooms. I hear silica and clay -litters do the best job.

Do you know have anyone tried this with any reasonable success? Is it worth giving a shot?
Also try just a 1/4 cup of salt in an open container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back