Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 816129 View attachment 816130 View attachment 816131 View attachment 816132 Quick dumb question I know but should I be watering her more and often than 32oz of water every 3 days? With her still being a seedling I feel like that’s plenty so I don’t overwater her, it’s better to underwater than overwater.
looking good!, learning watering for your particular setup is a biggie. Indoor watering is somewhat easier than outdoor, no hot sun or drying wind to keep you scrambling. At the start numbers are good, gives a point of reference. As you experience grows you will be tuning into what each plant is telling you what they need. Ideally you want to water with no under or over watering issues. The goal being the elimination of stress before it happens. And, yes, underwatering is a quicker recovery than over watering. I've stunted young ones with overwatering, and slowed older ones to a limp standstill in early flower, taking at least a week to recover, a week I don't have this far North. If you are paying attention you can pick up the very first signs of thirst wilt, water now for an almost instant perk up.

looking good!, learning watering for your particular setup is a biggie. Indoor watering is somewhat easier than outdoor, no hot sun or drying wind to keep you scrambling. At the start numbers are good, gives a point of reference. As you experience grows you will be tuning into what each plant is telling you what they need. Ideally you want to water with no under or over watering issues. The goal being the elimination of stress before it happens. And, yes, underwatering is a quicker recovery than over watering. I've stunted young ones with overwatering, and slowed older ones to a limp standstill in early flower, taking at least a week to recover, a week I don't have this far North. If you are paying attention you can pick up the very first signs of thirst wilt, water now for an almost instant perk up.
What has me thinking I should water her a little more is her fan leaves are pointing down and the top 1 inch is dryish and 2 inches down feels a little moist but not too moist after watering her 2 days ago. She’s in a 5gal bucket so I don’t want too much water going in there but I need just enough to keep her satisfied. And believe it or not for it being in organic compost mixed with organic soil, worm castings and perlite she drains quite well maybe a minute after watering with 32oz of water and mammoth p the drip pan is full of the water I just put in there.

What has me thinking I should water her a little more is her fan leaves are pointing down and the top 1 inch is dryish and 2 inches down feels a little moist but not too moist after watering her 2 days ago. She’s in a 5gal bucket so I don’t want too much water going in there but I need just enough to keep her satisfied. And believe it or not for it being in organic compost mixed with organic soil, worm castings and perlite she drains quite well maybe a minute after watering with 32oz of water and mammoth p the drip pan is full of the water I just put in there.
Indoor? The leafs pointing down. Like curling? Might not be a water issue. Could be a root issue or ph. Pics of the leafs?

water, if you are well drained and you continue to pay attention, all good

follow your grower's intuition, you're there with her, in a relationship

It’s good for them to experience a drought at least once I guess huh. and since they’re so resilient they’re not too bothered by a small drought hell I might wait until next week sometime either Wednesday or Friday to water her. I’ll start in the middle with a nice puddle, wait a couple minutes smoke a bowl then water the edges until I see side drip from the catch under the pot. This way once the inner circle dries out she has to chase the outter circle. This way her roots don’t just chase downwards after the water from the center, give her a chance to make her stretch her roots throughout the pot rather than just straight down.

It’s good for them to experience a drought at least once I guess huh. and since they’re so resilient they’re not too bothered by a small drought hell I might wait until next week sometime either Wednesday or Friday to water her. I’ll start in the middle with a nice puddle, wait a couple minutes smoke a bowl then water the edges until I see side drip from the catch under the pot. This way once the inner circle dries out she has to chase the outter circle. This way her roots don’t just chase downwards after the water from the center, give her a chance to make her stretch her roots throughout the pot rather than just straight down.
I water the smart pots similarly. I try to keep it moist, not wet, with very little drying. The edges of the smart pots facing the sun in the greenhouse dry out much faster than the back, shaded, edges. More water to the dry spots. I get the best growth if I can keep the water in the right zone, and get the roots to completely fill the pot

H
I water the smart pots similarly. I try to keep it moist, not wet, with very little drying. The edges of the smart pots facing the sun in the greenhouse dry out much faster than the back, shaded, edges. More water to the dry spots. I get the best growth if I can keep the water in the right zone, and get the roots to completely fill the pot
Hell ill go pure confusion mode on her. One watering with nutes down the center for faster absorption of nutrients next watering straight water with mammoth p around the edges make her want to chase the water and stretch her roots out. I feel like when the entire pots been watered the roots will grow but not stretch out for more of a root production because they’re comfortable where they’re at rather than actually work for the water. But I don’t need to worry about nutes for at least more 10 more days on Shirley. Britney still has 3 weeks to go before I start her on nutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back