Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I know you have probably heard it 100 times, Start with quality genetics! I cant stress that enough. for me its hard to breed two plants if i don't like one of the parents regardless. Start will quality and only work with strains you like growing.

2.Be yourself. Just like the music industry so many breeders just follow whats trendy, and to me that doesn't help anyone out in the long run unless your the one that started the trend or become the best at whatever is trendy at the time. Try to be different.

3. Work harder than the next guys who is "so called breeding". So many people sell F1's which is okay for some crosses but so many "pollen chuckers" are slapping pollen on clones and calling the resulting seed stock a seed line which to me has become way too common. work harder than those guys put time and thought into your crosses and you will be be successful. so what it may take you a couple years to get your gear right but you know what in this industry hard work can pay off. people who are just trying to make quick money of doing hardly any work i can cannot condone their actions.
Here here!

Good Morning, I copied my follow up question below. Thanks in advance

Magic said:
Security reasons I can't say how many plants but I have the capacity to run quite a few at a time. I grow indoors but I still grow with the seasons. Winter setup is a lot different than the summer setup. I have yet to grow outdoors, soon I will and hope you be able to share it with you all. I used 1-2gallon pots for most breeding and 3-5 for testing. Feminization I use STS. Protocol on selecting depends on the strain and what im after, but main overall goal is quality I won't give you mutant plants because it was the only way to keep the "candy" smell or sacrifice high yeild for flavor or potency. All my strains have to be good all around I don't do a lot of chasing of one trait. When I cross two strains there is is an intention so I can't just pick one thing and run with it I have to look at the overall cross and see what is best outcome. To me it's more Engineering than "selective breeding"

Thats a great answer. I am wondering more about the "intention" part, what do you see when you look at a plant your considering crossing? do you see genetics? physiological ratios? how can you guess that one will transfer its frost (for example) to an F1, where another wouldn't? I am sure this has changed during your career as well.
Great Question. Genetics has a lot to do with my crosses and even before they grow i buy seed with intentions on crosses so before the cross is done in real life 90% of the time it was mapped out on paper. I also do the traditional way of selection i.e the way the plant develops, quickness, smells ect. But I do have a few tricks i used to tell me what plants to go with for crossing and if i reveled those than my strains wouldn't be well....magic.:biggrin:

1. I know you have probably heard it 100 times, Start with quality genetics! I cant stress that enough. for me its hard to breed two plants if i don't like one of the parents regardless. Start will quality and only work with strains you like growing.

2.Be yourself. Just like the music industry so many breeders just follow whats trendy, and to me that doesn't help anyone out in the long run unless your the one that started the trend or become the best at whatever is trendy at the time. Try to be different.

3. Work harder than the next guys who is "so called breeding". So many people sell F1's which is okay for some crosses but so many "pollen chuckers" are slapping pollen on clones and calling the resulting seed stock a seed line which to me has become way too common. work harder than those guys put time and thought into your crosses and you will be be successful. so what it may take you a couple years to get your gear right but you know what in this industry hard work can pay off. people who are just trying to make quick money of doing hardly any work i can cannot condone their actions.

Thank you so much @Magic , those are brilliant tips and I'm very grateful! I know where I want to get to, I just have to find the right ones to start with. The search will begin now! Thanks again!! :worship:

@Magic .When you creaet a cross/strain what prompts you to give them the names they have?
Having a music back ground it comes natural to me to create a titles for things. i also do a lot research. example If i have a white widow x purple kush most would call it "purple widow" well id take it a step further and look for a spider that is know to be purple and name it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back