Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat Winnie keeping an eye on the lizard.
4171d0a855328c4ed58fb61ac9230d42.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wanted to share what container size does to auto's i know that this may seem crazy but i think that roots have a lot to do with what triggers flower, not sex, but flower.

The following plants are F1 cross known as ALF#5, same seed batch as well as same day age. Only difference was that i transplanted the one at sex into a .5 gal container. The other was left to watch the roots and see if it indeed would flower before the sister, and it did.

Day 45 here for both

full

full

This plant was the control plant left in the cup and is the exact same day age as the one above

full

Wanted to share what container size does to auto's i know that this may seem crazy but i think that roots have a lot to do with what triggers flower, not sex, but flower.

The following plants are F1 cross known as ALF#5, same seed batch as well as same day age. Only difference was that i transplanted the one at sex into a .5 gal container. The other was left to watch the roots and see if it indeed would flower before the sister, and it did.

Day 45 here for both

full

full

This plant was the control plant left in the cup and is the exact same day age as the one above

full

I just had something similar, but opposite happen with some photo GDPs I'm growing right now.. Seeds from the same plant; 1 of them is SUPER bushy and showed full sex by the end of the 2nd week of flower.. Plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], showed full sex almost 3 weeks later, and is literally 3 weeks behind.. I don't have any current pictures, but I'll take some in the morning.. I definitely think you're on to something though, as you figure, the plant knows when the roots are restricted, so it must know that's time to finish life?? Is that kinda where you're thinking this is heading?? @FullDuplex

I just had something similar, but opposite happen with some photo GDPs I'm growing right now.. Seeds from the same plant; 1 of them is SUPER bushy and showed full sex by the end of the 2nd week of flower.. Plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], showed full sex almost 3 weeks later, and is literally 3 weeks behind.. I don't have any current pictures, but I'll take some in the morning.. I definitely think you're on to something though, as you figure, the plant knows when the roots are restricted, so it must know that's time to finish life?? Is that kinda where you're thinking this is heading?? @FullDuplex
Pretty much, Nurseries use a common trick to get plants to flower or produce faster. Most of the time, unless you got to a home improvement store, you will see seedlings in nothing larger than a 4 in pot. Most of the time in a six pack tray of seedling. They are typically stretched and carrying blooms, this is done by the way they are propagated. Smaller containers allow root restrictions to force the plant to flower, also the stretch is because they are started in greenhouses and not under a direct source of light. Rather scattered buy the white plastic. So its not quite as intense, giving the illusion that the plant is more mature than it is.

The root binding in the smaller pots triggers the plants, may it be peppers, tomatoes, or anything along those lines to produce and preserve life. I think that autos carry that trait and its directly related to environment. Thats why we see stumpies and runts if they are mistreated. If they get shocked i think that the plant triggers and says hey, lets reproduce..

Come on down and have yourself a peak at many of the sites finest plants and dried buds in the monthly Plant of the Month, and Bud of the Month Contests. We need voters, so stop by, drop some votes, and show your support!! Hopefully next month it is your plant we are voting on, so check out the rules for next months submissions!

@FullDuplex - hey I haven't been watching the 16oz contests, do they confirm an earlier finish time than usual in this contest? I am running a microgrow and using fairly small pots(7"X7"X9"), and I have not noticed an earlier flower trigger or quicker finish. I ran a bunch of regular autos in 16oz cups until they showed sex which was 14 days for amnesia stone female and it took 21 days for all of the stone dragons(only showing really early signs on day 21), but the containment in the cups caused heavy stunting. Still managed 38-48g's of each of them as they were solid bud. I am very interested in all of this, and will continue to experiment further each winter.

@Noons wrlcome to the site bud glad you are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back