Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from icefishng...got kicked off the lake by the game warden...what a crock of shit....in the regulations the opening date for the lake is the 15th. Apparently "somewhere else" there is an update saying that the opening date of the lake is not until this weekend...so we got up at 5am and drove 1.5 hours each way to get to fish for 3 hours....what a joke. The game warden let us keep the fish since it was their error, but we still had to pack up and leave. :(
Biggest fish in our group was around 5 pounds. I caught 7 one pound Lake trout in the 3 hours. Ice was super risky(good where we were, but if we tried to go to my magic spot we all would have broke through and died on snowmobiles)...shit year for conditions.

big meat like thigh is cut into strips and hung in cabin to dry, dry caribou absolute fav
I have to tell you that my wife and I absolutely love to travel and try foods from all over and your delicacies sound amazing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We get whitetailed deer here and due to the local feed for them being sweet corn(deer robbing the farmers of their sweet corn..hehehehe), they taste o so delicious. But the real delicacy here is the Ruffed Grouse. They are like chickens but just amazing tasting chickens even with just salt and pepper.

We get whitetailed deer here and due to the local feed for them being sweet corn(deer robbing the farmers of their sweet corn..hehehehe), they taste o so delicious. But the real delicacy here is the Ruffed Grouse. They are like chickens but just amazing tasting chickens even with just salt and pepper.
Grouse are few and far between around here these days. Same with pheasant, coyote population is strong though.

Just got home from icefishng...got kicked off the lake by the game warden...what a crock of shit....in the regulations the opening date for the lake is the 15th. Apparently "somewhere else" there is an update saying that the opening date of the lake is not until this weekend...so we got up at 5am and drove 1.5 hours each way to get to fish for 3 hours....what a joke. The game warden let us keep the fish since it was their error, but we still had to pack up and leave. :(
Biggest fish in our group was around 5 pounds. I caught 7 one pound Lake trout in the 3 hours. Ice was super risky(good where we were, but if we tried to go to my magic spot we all would have broke through and died on snowmobiles)...shit year for conditions.
bureaucratic break down
who pays
yeah right

will the close the opening?
bad ice

Grouse are few and far between around here these days. Same with pheasant, coyote population is strong though.

That's the problem...dang coyotes...get too high of a 'yote population and ground dwelling birds and other small game populations plummet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back