Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input bud.
About to start my second grow and not quite accustomed to reading my plants, whole skill in itself I reckon. No doubt it comes naturally to some. Reading the plant and then having experience with your feed go hand in hand, if I could read my plants well enough I’d still need the experience in the feed to know how and what they need. I’m really not much of a green thumb however much I wish I was, and as I said, this is easy stuff for some people, but can be a maze for others. I’ve learnt a lot from my first grow, many many mistakes with stunted plants at the end, ph probably being one of the most important.
When I received my ec pen towards the end of the grow, I made some test mixes up of previous feeds I’d given the plants. I’d been adding cal mag to the mix which just threw the ec right up and from what I was told, that was most likely the culprit for my lock out. If I had the ec pen from the get go I would of known how strong it was and would of tamed it right back.
I’m not looking for an exact schedule as I mentioned in the previous post, just wondering whether there is a general guideline to ec increase on a week by week basis. Maybe there’s no answer but wanted to ask anyway,
Cheers!
Getting a ppm meter really helped me. Simply because i was so afraid to overfeed i would severly underfeed every time. Having the option to see ppm readings and compare it to some charts for various growth cycles got me back on track. A New grower myself, so not too good at reading the plant either. Would def reccommend you get one as a new grower. Can come in handy for many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back