Status
Not open for further replies.
I could for sure...but the question is would too many roots be damaged in the process to outweigh the benefit. An awful lot of side feeder roots grow horizontally, and then hit the walls of the pot and go down.
I've resorted to that, and I've used a soldering iron too:smoking: it can drive you nuts not being able to feed them
Also gently poking a stick down through the soil to create air holes

I've resorted to that, and I've used a soldering iron too:smoking: it can drive you nuts not being able to feed them
Also gently poking a stick down through the soil to create air holes

If i had more pots of that size i would cut windows out the side of them(which i think might be a bit less invasive to the roots than drilling if done surgically ;) ), and sleeve 'em, but i only bought just enough pots. I think i still have a couple of airpots left if i restart any.

c15e92832de2fb4b20293313775d65f7.jpg

It might not do too much harm...I only use 1gal pots to start all my plants and have found a lot of the smaller plants didn't have a lot of roots hugging the outside of their pots come transplant time
You are right man...instead of the plant i like the least though i will do it on the heaviest pot.(which is one of the cbds for sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back