Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather vape than smoke. You hear people talk about the taste of weed smoke, well I think that's all bs, smoke taste like smoke! But with a good vape, the flavors you get are amazing, the high is stronger, and you don't hack up a lung every time you take a draw.... Maybe you just need to experience a good vape, and I consider those tank vapes the bottom of the barrel, unless you've experimented to get just the right voltage/wattage, your vapor will taste like shit. Who wants to mess around with that? A vape dedicated to weed or wax has been tailored to provide the best vapor within a select temperature range, it makes a big difference!

Don't get me wrong, i still smoke weed, take an occasional bong rip, and enjoy a joint. But not daily maybe 2-3 times a week for one session. It may not cause cancer but smoking is still bad for you. Weed smoking can cause chronic bronchitis, etc. The older you get, the more you should be concerned with this, its one of the reasons I've converted, I ain't no spring chicken......lol!

After vaping for a while, I find it difficult to like any other combustion method. I never really liked joints as it tastes awful. Especially after I switched to traditional eliquid vaping more than 10 yrs ago.

I could still do bong hits but after vaping dry herbs, bongs just tastes horrible now. The combustion aftertaste lingers far too long for my liking. This is where I agree smoke tastes like smoke. I can't tell much difference too.

Just prepared a bowl for my Volcano! Love this thing! Absolutely heavenly!

DSCF1979_1.jpg
DSCF1953_1.jpg
DSCF1996_1.jpg

Shows that it partly a matter of preference! I owned both a Mighty and a knock off of one, hated them both, gave them away lol! Not saying however, that its a bad vape, again, this was just preference. I have a tabletop vape we use with our bong, an Herbal Aire, but I don't like bag vapes, mine can work with them but they are not for me. Don't even have a good reason lol, just don't like bags. The Volcano is a fine vaporizer though, no doubt, although I feel its overpriced.

I am using a knockoff 1:1 replica of the Volcano and Mighty Vaporizer. Works exactly the same and I'm insanely satisfied with them!

Although there are a few that claim to do both dry herb and concentrate, not one of the dual use vape concentrate well, your better off with a separate vape for wax and oil. As to what to buy, budget matters. For dry herb, I have three I like, all reasonably priced. My favorite is the Focus Vape Pro, a cigar shaped vape that works quite well. Gets great hits, has a glass mouth piece, and removable batter. I have two and thay are the ONLY vape that has lasted more than a year, mine are now 2 years old and still work perfectly, and they get used a lot. Next, and a real bargain also is the Xmax Starry. This is a potent little vape! It gets great clouds of vape, amazing for a small vape! It also has a removable battery, which I feel is a must in a portable vape. Carry a spare battery or two and you won't have to worry about charging all weekend! My third choice is the Boundless CFX. A bit more expensive at $169.00 ( you can find it on sale at puffitup.com on occasion ) it doesn't have removable batteries but this is a powerful vape that can make you cough it can put out that much vapor! It has excellent temperature controls and you can get oil cartridges for it and they work ok, better than some I've tried ( and I've owned quite a few )

The only wax only pen I've tried and liked was the Linx Hypnos Zero. This pen give great tasting vapor and good to excellent volumes of vapor, stay away from cheaper wax/oil pens most are complete garbage! Dr. Dabber also has nice wax pens, i just think the Linx are better quality.

Checkout www.puffitup.com, they have good prices and you get a 15% discount on almost everything when your a return customer. And very good customer service. They also have several youtube videos demonstrating vapes
So would hash fall into the "wax" category? I'm a tad behind in the concentrate department, sorry.

Shows that it partly a matter of preference! I owned both a Mighty and a knock off of one, hated them both, gave them away lol! Not saying however, that its a bad vape, again, this was just preference. I have a tabletop vape we use with our bong, an Herbal Aire, but I don't like bag vapes, mine can work with them but they are not for me. Don't even have a good reason lol, just don't like bags. The Volcano is a fine vaporizer though, no doubt, although I feel its overpriced.

I actually like my Volcano more than Mighty now as I'm a pretty heavy smoker. I can go through 6 bags or 0.5-0.6g at one go! The chamber size is perfect!

You are right about preference. The Volcano knockoff I have is less than half of original price. I have run out of words to describe how much I love it! If knockoffs are allowed to be reviewed on AFN, I'll do it lol!

Looking forward to testing a Boundless model soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back