Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic... Thought you might be, but hard to tell in text sometimes.

I might be years behind a change that was made to this, but one of the most annoying things that ever came out for home networks was UPNP.

In the old days, if you bought something that had to be able to accept incoming connections from the internet, you had to explicitly enable that in your router. This made the challenge for the average consumer to use products that required this pretty high. UPNP was the dumbest solution to that problem they could have possibly come up with. Now all a program has to do is tell the router what to do with traffic meant for it. Sounds great, right? Easy Peasy! Until some program you didn't even know you had uses that to open your machine up to bullshit.

Sacrificing security for convenience is a bad idea. Always has been, and in my opinion the reason we are unable to really secure things is because we are fighting against the effects of capitalism. As long as the bottom line is the only concern, and convenience means you sell more units, we'll be dealing with this shit.
I can't remember which one it was, But a lot of new modems through AT&T actually have that or something similar open/enabled. I discovered that when I was playing with a couple programs in Kali... The smart appliances have it... Part of me wants to walk into best buy, and make all of those fancy fridges display meatspin or goatse...

I can't remember which one it was, But a lot of new modems through AT&T actually have that or something similar open/enabled. I discovered that when I was playing with a couple programs in Kali... The smart appliances have it... Part of me wants to walk into best buy, and make all of those fancy fridges display meatspin or goatse...
Too late..

57f24cc7c3618872488b4584.jpg

:woohoo:
You know those days when you can't keep your fingertips away from your nose? I jarred my little Blue Cheese today and had a sneak peak while I was at it. I am already blasted and it was only about 20 minutes ago.
And it is my "Friday". :cheers:
And it is my 23rd wedding anniversary. :bighug:

There is a lot to celebrate today! :eyebrows:

I know, a little crazy with the icons, but hey, today I'm going all out!

:woohoo:
You know those days when you can't keep your fingertips away from your nose? I jarred my little Blue Cheese today and had a sneak peak while I was at it. I am already blasted and it was only about 20 minutes ago.
And it is my "Friday". :cheers:
And it is my 23rd wedding anniversary. :bighug:

There is a lot to celebrate today! :eyebrows:

I know, a little crazy with the icons, but hey, today I'm going all out!
Hope your day is exceptionally happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back