Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.....I made a big boo boo.....last night after watering i forgot to fill my bubble bucket up......does anybody know the minimum time to bubble your water to evaporate the chlorine please??????????????
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

@Vapo69 chlorine usually takes about overnight to 24 hours to evaporate. BUT... many municipalities have switched to chloramine because it does not evaporate / stays in the water much longer. One of the reasons I never used aquarium water on my plants.
Have you had any adverse symptoms or are you just adverse to the chemical's presence?
Because the level of chlorine in most municipal water supplies is not enough to harm your plants. But
if you're really still concerned, running your water through a carbon filter should remove it, or RO systems definitely will remove. Or you can try a pond maintenance company; they sell treatments to remove chlorine.
Or do what I did and move to the country & use a well!!!

@Vapo69 chlorine usually takes about overnight to 24 hours to evaporate. BUT... many municipalities have switched to chloramine because it does not evaporate / stays in the water much longer. One of the reasons I never used aquarium water on my plants.
Have you had any adverse symptoms or are you just adverse to the chemical's presence?
Because the level of chlorine in most municipal water supplies is not enough to harm your plants. But
if you're really still concerned, running your water through a carbon filter should remove it, or RO systems definitely will remove. Or you can try a pond maintenance company; they sell treatments to remove chlorine.

If you don't mind a little acidity you can toss in some citric acid. The chloramine should precipitate out into a harmless sediment.

nah dude.....im pretty cool with what im doin already.......I just forgot to refill my bucket with my airstone in, that's the water I use on my plants, So i was stuck earlier when it came time to water and I wondered if there was a minimum time, as my beauties needed a drink...its been so hot y'know....thanks for the info dude:thanks::thanks::smiley1:

If you don't mind a little acidity you can toss in some citric acid. The chloramine should precipitate out into a harmless sediment.
dude i use it for ph down.....I chucked it in my bucket a couple of times but there was a bit of froth the next day......not much dude.....and I just figured that bubbles for 24 was ok:smiley1:

Actually I think I got that wrong. The citric acid will break the chlorine/ammonia bond, but will form precipitate with the calcium in the water, not the ammonia. The chlorine degasses as expected.

I think that's what happens, anyway.

dude I have to ask....the Evil Scientist castle in your avatar.....is it the one from the Mad Monster Party?:smiley1:

dude i use it for ph down.....I chucked it in my bucket a couple of times but there was a bit of froth the next day......not much dude.....and I just figured that bubbles for 24 was ok:smiley1:
That works! It's a weaker acid than Phosphoric, but on the plus side it's a bit easier to break down and it won't cause too dramatic of a chemistry shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back