Status
Not open for further replies.
YEEET:Smoke::Toke::bake:: Evening gentlemen! Been a good day so far, may everyones tokes be huge and frosty:pass:[emoji106][emoji91]
48b67a515be40bb1a1045afd1ae8eb2e.jpg

@Chuck207 raise the water to the same level as the bottom of your rooter plug. You don't want to SUBMERGE your plant's beginning root ball, but you need to make sure the water level has reached the roots. As the water level drops, let it - don't top off. Once the roots touch water (that's why you raise it to the bottom of the plug) they will grow quickly into the nute solution & exit the bottom of the net pot fairly quickly. Once they have hit the nutes below the net pot, any air space above the nute solution just serves to better oxygenate your root zone.

@Chuck207 raise the water to the same level as the bottom of your rooter plug. You don't want to SUBMERGE your plant's beginning root ball, but you need to make sure the water level has reached the roots. As the water level drops, let it - don't top off. Once the roots touch water (that's why you raise it to the bottom of the plug) they will grow quickly into the nute solution & exit the bottom of the net pot fairly quickly. Once they have hit the nutes below the net pot, any air space above the nute solution just serves to better oxygenate your root zone.
:Kiss::Bighug: Thanks, when i take my clones out of my bucket there roots are suuuuper long, i ushually put it throigh the bottom of the net pot, should i stop doing that?

My brother and his fiance came to visit for vacation for nine days. They decided to get married ,basically at a moments noticed. We found a ordained minister and made it happen within 24 hours...What a blast..lol My brother is a friend of anything cannabis...and I decided to share some of the fruits of my labor. I didn't tell him that I grow. He was very, very pleased with the smoke ( Sour Stomper) he just kept saying..."God, Damn!..you cant get this good shit back home". What really, got me is when he said, Man, I wish we could grow this, I wish I knew your contact, I would go get some more. That coming from a connoisseur of sorts, made my day.
You are probably wondering if I let him know that I grew it myself...I did, I trust my brother and his wife more than words can express. You should have seen him when I took him into my walk in closet and opened the tent and the glaring light from the autocobs came over him..picture a scene where someone in a movie opening a door with nothing but white light falling over their body and the tune of angels voice plays ..aaaAHHHH. It was like a young man receiving his first lap dance at a high class strip joint. He just couldn't stop smiling and laughing saying "Holy shit, Holy shit...HOLY SHIT!" and "how in the hell did you do this??!" He has a general idea on growing and have friends that grow "bag seed" , and has heard of autos, but this was the first time he seen them growing. We talked for hours...every night we talked about growing, he had so many questions and I was happy to answer them. Oh, now iam out of Sour Stomper, but it was worth it!

Loved your story Bro, very moving!!! Hopefully you converted another grower to the cause, that's how we'll make the World Green.
And not a bad wedding present if you smoked all your stash. But WTF, you can grow more.

:Kiss::Bighug: Thanks, when i take my clones out of my bucket there roots are suuuuper long, i ushually put it throigh the bottom of the net pot, should i stop doing that?
No, try to keep the roots as close to the bottom of the net pot as possible. A trick I've used for some time is - add a layer of hydroton to the bottom of the net pot. Get a 20 oz water bottle or similar, about 3" in diameter and cut the top & bottom out of it to make a tube. It should be tall enough to reach from the hydroton to about the top of the net pot. . Hold the plant near the top of the tube, roots dangling to the bottom of the container, while you pour hydroton around the inside and outside of the tube, until the net pot and tube is filled. The top of your rooter plug should be about 1" below the final top layer of hydroton - this keeps light away from your root mass & prevents "air pruning".
Plants have a funny way of seeming to grow slowly until their roots reach the bottom of the container, and/or the nute solution in the case of DWC. This transplant method gives you a big head start & there is never a growth lag of the plant while the roots reach for the bottom.

@Chuck207 oh... oh... oh... forgot in the previous post. After you have filled the net pot and transplant tube with hydroton, slap the sides of the net pot all the way around, up and down, to settle the hyroton & eliminate any unnecessary air pockets. Then gently gather your plant's leaves upward and slowly pull the transplant tube over the plant and out of the hydroton, freeing the roots to do their thing from top to bottom of the net pot.
I forgot this step last year with a Dutch Passion Cinderella Jack - she grew a root mass that filled the tube like concrete. Still did 7 oz. but I have to wonder, what would she have done if I'd removed the transplant tube????? So don't be me, and remember to remove your tube when done.:crying::shrug::naughtystep:

So I’m on Day 11 of my first grow, and she’s nowhere near the size of some other pics I have seen at the same age. Only on her second node and she did get burnt during a heat wave, so that may have stunted it. So my question is should I just scrap this one and drop a new bean, or give it a couple weeks?

53BB598D-A3E4-4155-89BC-1A822DD971CF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back