Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never done the oil thing buuuut I do press rosin and sadly this is shite for that, so maybe itll cure more..
emoji854.png

Strains: Twilight,Sour Diesel [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], White Ice, BNL,Neville's Haze, Mazar x White Rhino
Canna coco butter,
Where did you get your GSC from?
Fast Buds were the breeder bought through Seedsman

..Gd'day Stoners, In the past couple days, I saw a question about defoliating young plants. I was so far back, the subject had changed by then so I said nothing.. Been thinking of the video I saw on it from a bit of a long winded stoner, and how to put it in simple words. The best I can come up with is why detune the engine that drives the young growth.You wouldn't pull spark plug wires to speed up your car or bike. Better to learn LST. and open them up. Flowering is different. Once she starts spending her leaves, using up the stored energy .He proposes that is when to defoliate as long as you have a good feed regimen in place. The readily available nutes are absorbed faster through the roots. Any of us who have seen the wilt of a dryish plant remember how surprised we were the first time at how fast they snapped back after a good drink.

Makes sense to me,but I'm stoned to the bone. Any thoughts? :toke:
Agreed..

..Gd'day Stoners, In the past couple days, I saw a question about defoliating young plants. I was so far back, the subject had changed by then so I said nothing.. Been thinking of the video I saw on it from a bit of a long winded stoner, and how to put it in simple words. The best I can come up with is why detune the engine that drives the young growth.You wouldn't pull spark plug wires to speed up your car or bike. Better to learn LST. and open them up. Flowering is different. Once she starts spending her leaves, using up the stored energy .He proposes that is when to defoliate as long as you have a good feed regimen in place. The readily available nutes are absorbed faster through the roots. Any of us who have seen the wilt of a dryish plant remember how surprised we were the first time at how fast they snapped back after a good drink.

Makes sense to me,but I'm stoned to the bone. Any thoughts? :toke:
For what it's worth, here's this not-so-experienced grower's opinion on that..

First, I haven't seen anything on the subject that references or establishes scientific fact. It's all theory (and sometimes less than well informed theory). The bottom line is do whatever works for you.

I don't buy into the idea that LST can replace defoil at any stage of growth. Both are important and effective techniques. Sometimes it's a better idea to remove a fan than just move it out of the way. Other times that is the only option. For example, my Cheese is just starting to think about pre-flower. Still stretching and all that. There are some large fans that are obscuring some potential budsites very near the top of the plant. I could use LST to just make the branch horizontal, which would expose the other budsites, but lopping off the fan that is blocking the light seems much less stressful for the plant. If height was a concern, LST without hesitation. That's not the case here.

So here is also my less-than-well-informed theory. Just food for thought... The plants will build fans no matter what is in the feed. It's what they do. Do they "need" the fans? Well, no reason to remove them during veg UNLESS you want to increase the light to a potential budsite. Sometimes you just can't do this with LST. And no real reason to do it during flower unless they are blocking light from where you want it to go.

I am naturally inclined to let the plant do what it wants and only stepping in when I have to. So take my opinion with that in mind.

I've not tried lollipopping or any other large-scale defoil method, so I have no opinion on it. There is no denying that it works, and there are plenty of grow journals here documenting that.

Here's a pic of my now overdue GG4 grow. I think we're on day 76 now, and flowering has just started to take off. And take off it has. There are more nodes with budsites than those without. If I can nurse this thing across the finish line, I am expecting a pretty fat yield. My approach is as I described above. If I see a budsite in shade, I look for the offending fan and it is gone. Other than that, I am not convinced that the more fans I remove, the more energy the plant puts into flower production. Like I said earlier, the plant is gonna do what it's gonna do. If anything, in my opinion, removing fans has zero effect on bud growth outside of allowing in more light.

You might be able to see the network of pipe-cleaners in the forest. That's how I do LST. I bind the branch to another branch, so it can grow with the plant, and not hold things to a fixed height.

20180705_130524.jpg

20180705_130611.jpg

20180705_130606.jpg

20180705_130555.jpg

20180705_130541.jpg

20180705_130535.jpg

Anyway, this is all just my opinion, and is based on limited experience but a good deal of research.

Hope this helps.

Afternoon stoners,

After a bit of advice really. My next grow is gonna be one Mephisto bean in a 70cm x 70cm tent. I’m looking for a cob light that’s enough to cover this. Any idea’s as I’m in the UK.

Cheers people,

HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back