Status
Not open for further replies.
So... One more plant in my tent to get chopped, before my Sour Hound in a 2 liter gets the tent for herself...
...and I got to thinking. Would it be TOO much light if I used all 470 something watts of cob/autocob light? Set the two liter low and centered in the tent, and keep the lights somewhat high?

I think mine would do better in a taller tent. The two plants I am running now are the GG4 and Cheese. The GG4's main stem split very early on, and I now have basically two bushes sharing one root system.

View attachment 922002

View attachment 922003

As you can see, headroom is rather limited. Seems to me the plants can get a little closer to a LED panel because they'll still get a decent spread of light. As you get closer to a COB, the plant falls outside of the single cone of light.

This is not a knock on COBs, just a reason that I need a taller tent.

This is something that I find absolutely amazing to see. The way all those branches are set back is ideal for covering the buds in light and I do expect an amazing yield. That’s such a great photo!!

This is assuming you have reflectors on the cobs; I personally don't because I like the spread of light and how it can bounce round the tent walls.
Granted, having a reflector exacerbates the problem but the cob is flat, so the strongest light is perpendicular to the cob, and weakens as you reach the parallel axis. It's still a conical distribution.

Well the combination of lots of rain divided by periods of hot weather have really helped the mosquito population growth to accelerate this season. Between them and the ticks, I think i'll be avoiding the field at night.

Howdy stoners! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, I sure am! I've been thinking about my future grow and what strain too grow ( most people know I only grow out photos these days ) and I think I've wittled the too two strains. One being LSD by barneys, the other chocolate mint OG by humboldt. Both take roughly the same amount of time too flower. Any opinions on these? Or better still, any strains you could suggest?

@Mike20132 Hey Mike........my dark devil auto seeds are on the way from GB.......very easy to deal with and quick to reply........Think I will order some Colorado Cookies from them next.
Awesome, man. Gonna put up an update on the GG4. If the potency lives up to expectations, this is gonna be a good one, I think. Sorry I'm not posting as much as usual. Got a bunch going on over here lately.

Howdy stoners! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, I sure am! I've been thinking about my future grow and what strain too grow ( most people know I only grow out photos these days ) and I think I've wittled the too two strains. One being LSD by barneys, the other chocolate mint OG by humboldt. Both take roughly the same amount of time too flower. Any opinions on these? Or better still, any strains you could suggest?

I havent grown it out myself, but the examples of Choc Mint I have seen grown have been stunning....also it comes very highly recommended!!

20180624_172641.jpg

No wonder this girl drinks 4 gallons a day. Went in today and her coco was bone dry.
Part of me hopes she hurrys it up... The other part is curious how big her buds are going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back