Status
Not open for further replies.
i think each microsoft/hotmail/outlook or whatever its called now account has 500gb free,so just make half a dozen new email accounts for 3tb ?
:pighug:
A few years ago FlickR (or whatever) announced unlimited storage space for images. People were just renaming all their stuff .jpg and uploading it. I.E. VeryBigFile.zip changed to VeryBigFile.zip.jpg

They caught on, but not sure what they ended up doing about it.

@hesgone13 @912GreenSkell @Samwell

Something I should add. For when I do need to burn a CD/DVD, I found a new "type M" disc. These are supposed to have vastly improved stability to the recording medium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC

They did fail to survive 1000 hours in 90C and 85% humidity under full spectrum light, though. I don't think I will be storing them that way, so I am not terribly concerned.

EDIT: Before you order any, you may need a new CD burner that supports it. They can be READ on anything, but they do require a burner that supports the media.
Thanks, Mike....will check out these discs and required burner.

@hesgone13 @912GreenSkell @Samwell

Something I should add. For when I do need to burn a CD/DVD, I found a new "type M" disc. These are supposed to have vastly improved stability to the recording medium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC

They did fail to survive 1000 hours in 90C and 85% humidity under full spectrum light, though. I don't think I will be storing them that way, so I am not terribly concerned.

EDIT: Before you order any, you may need a new CD burner that supports it. They can be READ on anything, but they do require a burner that supports the media.
Mike, just checked out the wiki article.....seems to refer only to DVDs both regular and Blu-Ray.....as of the articles writing new Panasonic DVD players support this format and some others that have the M logo on the player. I'm no tech maven but are DVDs different from CDs?

Mike, just checked out the wiki article.....seems to refer only to DVDs both regular and Blu-Ray.....as of the articles writing new Panasonic DVD players support this format and some others that have the M logo on the player. I'm no tech maven but are DVDs different from CDs?
If you're just storing data on them, no difference besides increased capacity (and the need for a DVD-ROM compatible drive). You can read CDs in a DVD drive, so your existing media won't be obsoleted.

Google GP65NS60

Thats the model of the drive I bought. Was about $30 at the time. It's even cheaper now. Not terribly heavy duty, but as long as you can read the disc in another drive (Copy everything to a folder on the hard drive, then delete it), its a good burn.

Haven't burned many discs with it, so can't speak to its durability. Could definitely read the discs in multiple PCs though, with just regular readers.

I am 2 pics away from this article being totally finished....unless i get some feedback that require any editing or additions!!! https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...uring-a-guide-to-finishing-quality-bud.66025/
@912GreenSkell This is the best I have seen the process described. By that I mean it contains an abundance of clear concise information without being more than the average reader can digest in a sitting which is more time than most folks get! Has information to cover a variety of circumstances. Vey good!! :worship:

@912GreenSkell This is the best I have seen the process described. By that I mean it contains an abundance of clear concise information without being more than the average reader can digest in a sitting which is more time than most folks get! Has information to cover a variety of circumstances. Vey good!! :worship:

Awesome bud!1 Thanks for the kind words...thats exactly what i was going for!! Lots of proper info, but easy for anybody to read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back