Status
Not open for further replies.
So true!! That be right me hearties and no mistake!
If ye be reading this you swarthy penguin, time to get yer bum out of your sling and come and have some fishy fun with us!
There be week old mackerel pate, fetid flounder and manky anchovies that have been sitting in the sun a good long while (poooooh they are minging but they are just the way you like them)!

However it is that time of year again where the nights are drawing in and the nights are cold and I am feeling like having some fun, maybe it is time to let our hair down again and have a hootenannny of sorts?
Only just over two week until "all hallows eve" and then it is almost non-stop holidays until after the new year, so best be grabbing your party togs because we all know how much AFN likes to party!:headbang:

It is about that time we all started looking for our halloween avatar pics.

100 rep points to all AFN members who change their avatar today to a "scary carved pumpkin face" you have until I come online tomorrow! That gives you at least 12 hours to get it done!

halloween-pumpkin-animated-gif10-source_575.gif
SneakyJollyIrukandjijellyfish-small.gif
giphy.gif
the scariest pumpkin out there
41afe20ea9334785e3a0a2246c4e5c3d.jpg

Yeah...every time the staff room door open and I smell that fetid smell I Think..Oh...he is back.....:shrug:....but it is just his bait box...

battered pork loin..you can't see the batter for the sweet & sour....

Bacon ribs...

and doner canapes...we can't have the wrap..so you get it in a little jem leaf instead...:nono:

@arty zan ...did you catch the Hairy Bikers in Hong Kong at the weekend...?

They said they wanted to taste authentic chinese food..to see the difference to UK chinese take away.....Hooked straight away...

So they go to this flat..with granny cooking food ...tiny woman in tiny kitchen...same height as hubbys mother..

she's cooking 5 seperate dishes...bang bang through the wok they go..then Dave says ah..next dish sweet & sour..I've always wanted to taste an authentic chinese sweet and sour..

Me Too....so I swung round to watch how she did it....

batton carrots... check..hiss hiss..bang bang..

chopped pineapple..check...hiss hiss..bang bang..

green peppers..check..hiss his..bang bang....:chef:..

then she up ended a full bottle of tomato sauce/ketchup in...and that was it...:crying:....I was so totally under whelmed.
LMAO :funny:
That is so Funny!!!:laughcry:
Sweet and sour sauce is one of the easiest sauces to make basically pineapple juice with some spirit vinegar (white vinegar) and corn flour to thicken!
Hold your horses dear, I'm way ahead of you you can use carrageenan, agar agar, kuzu, arrowroot, xanthan gum, tapioca starch and potato starch to name a few.
Some of those I can't use as I am type II diabetic,you may need to correct me here but I believe you are a coeliac disease or you have some sort of intolerance to gluten?
One of my favorite shops is the Chinese Supermarket. there only used to be one in our town/city but now there are loads and now I am spoilt for choice.
The Chinese love Worcester sauce and will happily use Lee & Perrins but if you try Chinese worcester sauce it definitely has that Chinesey tang to it probably a hint of cinnamon and star anise.
They have some strange things in there freezers too like pigs spleen and beef manifold!! Dictionary definition of a manifold - a pipe or chamber branching into several openings. Now use your imagination as to which part of a cow that is!
They also have bags of jellyfish and other odd things you wouldn#t rush out and buy for Stir Fry fridays.
Once of the more interesting fruits on offer is the Durian, which apparently smell like a cross of poop and vomit, although once you get inside the flesh is meant to taste ok
I used to love to buy uncooked prawn crackers and then deep fry them at home when I had munchies, they are made from gluten and 4% prawn.
I thought I would but the 20% prawn version because they had more prawn in them, big mistake OMG!!! Once cooked they smelled like a pair of week old whores knickers and could knock a man over at 20 paces!! I never bought those crackers again!:laughcry:

Oh I forgot to mention I didn't see the Hairy Bikers in Hong Kong Which is China since the UK's 100 years lease ran out!

Lettuce leaf wraps are part of my life since becoming diabetic and I actually like it that way now!
It is a great mainstay of the paleo diet which Incorporate into my diet but I stop being 100% paleo a while back as it was costing me too much!

heya iWumbo :pass:E Grower:pass:Padawan:pass:Elle:pass:gone13:bighug:arty :pass:Dabber:pass:peeps :pass:n lurkers:pass:
cant upload a video directly to AFN would have to be the likes of utube or vimeo

:pighug:

Aye, we found Vimeo to be way better than YouTube in regards to canna-friendly, plus I noticed a lack of ads on Vimeo videos.

So true!! That be right me hearties and no mistake!
If ye be reading this you swarthy penguin, time to get yer bum out of your sling and come and have some fishy fun with us!
There be week old mackerel pate, fetid flounder and manky anchovies that have been sitting in the sun a good long while (poooooh they are minging but they are just the way you like them)!

However it is that time of year again where the nights are drawing in and the nights are cold and I am feeling like having some fun, maybe it is time to let our hair down again and have a hootenannny of sorts?
Only just over two week until "all hallows eve" and then it is almost non-stop holidays until after the new year, so best be grabbing your party togs because we all know how much AFN likes to party!:headbang:

It is about that time we all started looking for our halloween avatar pics.

100 rep points to all AFN members who change their avatar today to a "scary carved pumpkin face" you have until I come online tomorrow! That gives you at least 12 hours to get it done!

giphy.gif
Done ✌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back