Status
Not open for further replies.
What could be better? A flight to Belgium where the sun is shining and the beer's a LOT better

I don't doubt the sun is shining

ScreenHunter_1933 Oct. 14 10.50.jpg

But, the beer is a lot better?

:pighug:

I don't doubt the sun is shining

View attachment 960687

But, the beer is a lot better?

:pighug:

Belgium is known for 3 things, fries, chocolate and beer. Provided you're not the sort of lightweight who can only handle 4.5% catpiss masquerading as beer. Yesterday I had a wonderful beer brewed with Spelt instead of only barey, today the honey beer will be going down, and that's before we start on the other 2000 or so different beers covering everything from boring mass produced crap like Stella to fruit beers to the stuff the monks brew up that makes your legs fall off, beers designed to savour a taste explosion in your mouth instead of being garbage you throw down your throat so you don't have to actually taste it.

I ain't saying the UK doesn't have some good beers, especially when you get into proper cask ales, but over here there's a LOT of good beers available in every supermarket and every pub, and I've been here for 13 years and still haven't tried every one, especially as more and more local "artisanal" beers are appearing on the market year upon year.

Pay a visit and try some at least once, just don't think you can swill it down like a pint of British lager or you'll be on your back in half an hour.

I'm a scrumpy man myself.
Belgium is known for 3 things, fries, chocolate and beer. Provided you're not the sort of lightweight who can only handle 4.5% catpiss masquerading as beer. Yesterday I had a wonderful beer brewed with Spelt instead of only barey, today the honey beer will be going down, and that's before we start on the other 2000 or so different beers covering everything from boring mass produced crap like Stella to fruit beers to the stuff the monks brew up that makes your legs fall off, beers designed to savour a taste explosion in your mouth instead of being garbage you throw down your throat so you don't have to actually taste it.

I ain't saying the UK doesn't have some good beers, especially when you get into proper cask ales, but over here there's a LOT of good beers available in every supermarket and every pub, and I've been here for 13 years and still haven't tried every one, especially as more and more local "artisanal" beers are appearing on the market year upon year.

Pay a visit and try some at least once, just don't think you can swill it down like a pint of British lager or you'll be on your back in half an hour.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

What can be better on a rainy Sunday morning in the UK than some Floyd?

View attachment 960671
LMAO so true @MikeyB420

Good Morning to All AFN peeps :bighug::pass:It's Sunday a day of rest and relaxation, so rise and shine and wake and bake!:smokeout:

I was supposed to be going to the hills today to search for "Who knows what" if you know what I mean!
upload_2018-10-14_11-2-57.png
upload_2018-10-14_11-16-27.png

Buuuuuuut.......The damn rain has ruined todays expedition but there is always a silver lining to every cloud....the more it rains today the better it will be tomorrow!!!:thumbsup::woohoo1::eyebrows::headbang::smoking::cooldance::yay::woody::jointman::jump::hump::joy:

Eat Em Up Yum Yum upload_2018-10-14_11-2-57.png
upload_2018-10-14_11-16-10.png
upload_2018-10-14_11-10-51.png
upload_2018-10-14_11-10-54.png

Trippy gorilla Auto in jars for curing!
DSCN4995.JPG

Last edited:
I'm a scrumpy man myself.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Can't get "proper" scrumpy here, yet, but "zoider" has made some impressive inroads into the market here, especially as a summer drink.

Used to drink cider by the gallon, until my stomach couldn't handle the acidity, but one has been tempted to try some of the more "modern" versions.

I'm trying to remember the name of one famous one in the UK years ago, think it was Copperhead, suddenly had to be pulled from the market because it was still fermenting in the kegs and blowing people's heads off. Was funny as hell when the West Coasters came over to our neck of the woods and saw us throwing down quantities of the stuff that would knock them out for a week, but Taysiders know how to handle their hooch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back